Halo’s movement.

I would really like to know what the people think about Halo’s movement. This topic intrigues me because I don’t know if people don’t like the movement because they feel it is bad or just if they feel like it doesn’t feels like Halo. If you want to know my opinion on this you can watch this video (if you want): - YouTube
Please stay nice people!

I’m going to summarize OP’s points for convenience:

• OP is fine with the current movement (Halo 5) - Movement is fluid with the controller - Clamber is good because not everyone knows crouch jumping - Custom game options allow classic gameplay to exist still - Fun gametypes exist due to the current movement (custom games) - OP is indifferent to what direction the future games take, so long as there are options like Halo 5

> 2535442569875751;2:
> I’m going to summarize OP’s points for convenience:
> - OP is fine with the current movement (Halo 5) - Movement is fluid with the controller - Clamber is good because not everyone knows crouch jumping - Custom game options allow classic gameplay to exist still - Fun gametypes exist due to the current movement (custom games) - OP is indifferent to what direction the future games take, so long as there are options like Halo 5

Thanks. My answer will be based on those points. I’m going to post a couple vids for the OP to watch only because the video explains it better and I don’t want a huge post trying to describe things.

1) No point in discussing that since I’m not gonna change your mind.

2) It’s as fluid as it can be I guess. The problem is there are far too many button inputs making movement a chore. What really annoyed me is that 343 prioritized the ground pound button input over the air melee since it has a delay and it also shows there are too many inputs.

3) Clamber is not good. Here is a video explaining why.

4) While that’s true, you’re forgetting that the maps and weapons were designed with H5’s movement. People can make the maps, but they can’t change the kill times. Sure, people can mess with the health settings, but it’s not exactly the same. Here is another video with a similar explanation. It’s a little older, but it still has valid points.

5) True, but fun gametypes also existed before H5’s movement abilities.

6) I would love a more classic approach, but I’m sure abilities will come back. They need to return with less abilities and ones that aren’t gimmicky.

I hate the new movement. And I don’t care what people say about it, it’s just not halo!

> 2535420568109893;4:
> I hate the new movement. And I don’t care what people say about it, it’s just not halo!

So you only hate it because it is not Halo. If it was in another gaming franchise, would you like it?

> 2727626560040591;3:
> > 2535442569875751;2:
> > I’m going to summarize OP’s points for convenience:
> > - OP is fine with the current movement (Halo 5) - Movement is fluid with the controller - Clamber is good because not everyone knows crouch jumping - Custom game options allow classic gameplay to exist still - Fun gametypes exist due to the current movement (custom games) - OP is indifferent to what direction the future games take, so long as there are options like Halo 5
>
> Thanks. My answer will be based on those points. I’m going to post a couple vids for the OP to watch only because the video explains it better and I don’t want a huge post trying to describe things.
>
> 1) No point in discussing that since I’m not gonna change your mind.
>
> 2) It’s as fluid as it can be I guess. The problem is there are far too many button inputs making movement a chore. What really annoyed me is that 343 prioritized the ground pound button input over the air melee since it has a delay and it also shows there are too many inputs.
>
> 3) Clamber is not good. Here is a video explaining why.
>
> 4) While that’s true, you’re forgetting that the maps and weapons were designed with H5’s movement. People can make the maps, but they can’t change the kill times. Sure, people can mess with the health settings, but it’s not exactly the same. Here is another video with a similar explanation. It’s a little older, but it still has valid points.
>
> 5) True, but fun gametypes also existed before H5’s movement abilities.
>
> 6) I would love a more classic approach, but I’m sure abilities will come back. They need to return with less abilities and ones that aren’t gimmicky.

(Talking about clamber) I had already watched that video before making mine. I still feel that clamber is good and I’m going to say why.

im my video I give and example on clamber that in a nutshell said that it allows players to get to places without the need of a ramp or something by the style that could interfere with the map. Also in the video you send me, they say that if you fall down, clamber is “An infinit get out of jail ticket” because it will (almost) always save you and I mean, that is true but I don’t feel like it is bad. When it avoids you from falling, it saves you from losing one point in the game (if playing something like slayer) having to respawn and losing the guns you had. I you had died, not only would you stay with this feeling of “Oh, that was so close…” but you would also have to wait to respawn, you would have to go get your guns back and to recover that lost point. I personally don’t enjoy that feeling because it feels like a chore (for me). Also, I feel like clamber is a good addition with all the other mobility options in Halo 5.

As I stated in the video: “I have never experienced the true feeling of classic Halo but for what I played on Reach and them compared it to Halo 5, I would probably go for Halo 5”

What I mean with “I have never experienced the true feeling of classic Halo” I tried to say that I didn’t live the golden age of Halo, and couldn’t really test the classic movement on matchmaking because MCC. That is also why I don’t care what direction Halo takes on the future fire its movement because I didn’t experience classic Halo and wouldn’t mind if I actually got a chance in Halo 6.

But also, as the video you sent me said, it is all just an opinion and I respect your’s and Favyn’s, I just wanted to leave clear why I think that way.

Thanks for reading and sorry for any grammatical mistake!

> 2727626560040591;3:
> > 2535442569875751;2:
> > I’m going to summarize OP’s points for convenience:
> > - OP is fine with the current movement (Halo 5) - Movement is fluid with the controller - Clamber is good because not everyone knows crouch jumping - Custom game options allow classic gameplay to exist still - Fun gametypes exist due to the current movement (custom games) - OP is indifferent to what direction the future games take, so long as there are options like Halo 5
>
> Thanks. My answer will be based on those points. I’m going to post a couple vids for the OP to watch only because the video explains it better and I don’t want a huge post trying to describe things.
>
> 1) No point in discussing that since I’m not gonna change your mind.
>
> 2) It’s as fluid as it can be I guess. The problem is there are far too many button inputs making movement a chore. What really annoyed me is that 343 prioritized the ground pound button input over the air melee since it has a delay and it also shows there are too many inputs.
>
> 3) Clamber is not good. Here is a video explaining why.
>
> 4) While that’s true, you’re forgetting that the maps and weapons were designed with H5’s movement. People can make the maps, but they can’t change the kill times. Sure, people can mess with the health settings, but it’s not exactly the same. Here is another video with a similar explanation. It’s a little older, but it still has valid points.
>
> 5) True, but fun gametypes also existed before H5’s movement abilities.
>
> 6) I would love a more classic approach, but I’m sure abilities will come back. They need to return with less abilities and ones that aren’t gimmicky.

(Replying to 5) Yes there’re some really good gametypes and even some classics like jenga or fat kid, but like I said in the video “If it wasn’t for this movement, where would ground pound arena be? (…) also, sprinting is good because it sets a line between walking slow and walking fast which is helpful on mini games like cookies were if you wanted to make it on classic Halo (without the sprinting) you would have to make the base movement really fast which wouldn’t feel good”. (that wasn’t an exact quote from the video, just wanted to give an idea of what I said).

> 2533274974584945;5:
> > 2535420568109893;4:
> > I hate the new movement. And I don’t care what people say about it, it’s just not halo!
>
> So you only hate it because it is not Halo. If it was in another gaming franchise, would you like it?

Not really, but most of those other franchises have excuses for having them. Cod is another franchise that was pretty much murdured for changing its formula too drastically. The wall running jetpack and all that other -Yoink- wasn’t Cod. The same applies here. Even if i did like it, that is what halo is becoming. It’s dying.

> 2533274974584945;6:
> When it avoids you from falling, it saves you from losing one point in the game (if playing something like slayer) having to respawn and losing the guns you had. I you had died, not only would you stay with this feeling of “Oh, that was so close…” but you would also have to wait to respawn, you would have to go get your guns back and to recover that lost point. I personally don’t enjoy that feeling because it feels like a chore (for me).

Losing a point, guns or your position on the map is a punishment for you not making a jump and it’s not supposed to feel good. It makes you more careful in the future when jumping and it can increase your skill because you have to figure out how to make it. With clamber, you don’t have to think about 95% of your jumps because there is no risk/reward anymore for almost all of them unless you’re trying to pull off some huge jump.

Jumping has been a part of gaming for as long as I can remember and clamber greatly diminishes that aspect. With clamber, 343 are basically holding your hand making everyone feel like a winner and that’s a terrible way to do things. They need to let people make mistakes and figure it out on their own. We had generations of games where H5 would be looked at as baby’s first video game in comparison with difficulty and yet people still played those hard games. Hard games can be addicting as well, 343 - We don’t need hand holding. Not suggesting that most jumps need to be hard, but figuring them out is basic gaming and clamber is taking away from that. Anyway, that’s all I have to say about it.

> 2533274974584945;7:
> Yes there’re some really good gametypes and even some classics like jenga or fat kid, but like I said in the video “If it wasn’t for this movement, where would ground pound arena be?

Having a fun custom gametype isn’t really a good reason for implementing or keeping something that affects the entire game especially if that ability isn’t good. Like I said, we had good gametypes before Spartan abilities were implemented and I’m sure people will create something new in H6. If 343 creates a good ability in H6 and a fun gametype is the by-product of it, then so be it.

> 2727626560040591;9:
> > 2533274974584945;6:
> > When it avoids you from falling, it saves you from losing one point in the game (if playing something like slayer) having to respawn and losing the guns you had. I you had died, not only would you stay with this feeling of “Oh, that was so close…” but you would also have to wait to respawn, you would have to go get your guns back and to recover that lost point. I personally don’t enjoy that feeling because it feels like a chore (for me).
>
> Losing a point, guns or your position on the map is a punishment for you not making a jump and it’s not supposed to feel good. It makes you more careful in the future when jumping and it can increase your skill because you have to figure out how to make it. With clamber, you don’t have to think about 95% of your jumps because there is no risk/reward anymore for almost all of them unless you’re trying to pull off some huge jump.
>
> Jumping has been a part of gaming for as long as I can remember and clamber greatly diminishes that aspect. With clamber, 343 are basically holding your hand making everyone feel like a winner and that’s a terrible way to do things. They need to let people make mistakes and figure it out on their own. We had generations of games where H5 would be looked at as baby’s first video game in comparison with difficulty and yet people still played those hard games. Hard games can be addicting as well, 343 - We don’t need hand holding. Not suggesting that most jumps need to be hard, but figuring them out is basic gaming and clamber is taking away from that. Anyway, that’s all I have to say about it.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274974584945;7:
> > Yes there’re some really good gametypes and even some classics like jenga or fat kid, but like I said in the video “If it wasn’t for this movement, where would ground pound arena be?
>
> Having a fun custom gametype isn’t really a good reason for implementing or keeping something that affects the entire game especially if that ability isn’t good. Like I said, we had good gametypes before Spartan abilities were implemented and I’m sure people will create something new in H6. If 343 creates a good ability in H6 and a fun gametype is the by-product of it, then so be it.

I’m too lazy to type my response, is it ok if I make a short video with it? (I’ll stay nice).

Well if we’re being honest, I’ll most likely be too lazy to watch it, but do what you want. I’m just going to assume that you’re not going to agree on some things or all of it and that’s fine. I kind of expected I wasn’t going to change anyone’s mind when I made my posts and I wasn’t planning on having a long back and forth over it.

> 2727626560040591;11:
> Well if we’re being honest, I’ll most likely be too lazy to watch it, but do what you want. I’m just going to assume that you’re not going to agree on some things or all of it and that’s fine. I kind of expected I wasn’t going to change anyone’s mind when I made my posts and I wasn’t planning on having a long back and forth over it.

Yea… we all feel an think different of everything, so there will be someone defending something you think no matter what, thanks for respecting my opinion tho!