Halo RTS

If you EVER make another one of these, please for the love of god release it for PC, I mean why shut down HaloGen if your not going to make a Halo RTS for PC?

I mean come on!

+1

agreed +1.

Halo Wars mastered XBox RTS controls. I would love more Halo RTSs on the XBox. Remember back when Halo used to be considered the best FPS on consoles? Well, not that there are so many of them, Halo can become console’s best RTS.

Release it on PC and Xbox.

Halo Wars was made for a console, and that is what it should stick to. Now, if they want to go remake it for the pc, they can. But, they need to wait a year or two after it is released on a system before putting it on a pc. 343 has said many times that Halo is now a console experience. Plus, 99.99% of Halo gamers only play on the console. Releasing a Halo game exclusively to a pc would be a horrible business decision.

> Halo Wars was made for a console, and that is what it should stick to. Now, if they want to go remake it for the pc, they can. But, they need to wait a year or two after it is released on a system before putting it on a pc. 343 has said many times that Halo is now a console experience. Plus, 99.99% of Halo gamers only play on the console. Releasing a Halo game exclusively to a pc would be a horrible business decision.

I never said exclusively to the PC, I said release it on PC. There is a difference, I would enjoy it far more on PC then I would on Xbox.

I was specifically +1 ing the Halogen part, HWars is optimized for console, it would feel clunky and simple on PC.

Well that is why they shouldn’t have closed HaloGen, it would have been way better then Halo Wars, I admit Halo Wars was a lot of fun and it will continue to be a lot of fun but nothing compares to playing an RTS on a computer, everything is so much more fun…

Not only that you have:
Map Editing
Ability to Add New Units
Mods

Where as with Xbox your stuck with the tools you have got because Microsoft are so Anti-Modding, I understand from a certain point of view about modding while connected to Xbox LIVE but other then that I don’t see why not.

Halogen on console would’ve been excessively complicated and clunky, but the reverse is true for PC. They really can’t just port HWars to PC without getting hit by a huge backlash.

I kinda wish Halogen wasn’t shut down still :confused:

> I was specifically +1 ing the Halogen part, HWars is optimized for console, it would feel clunky and simple on PC.

+1

Halo Wars is an RTS stripped down so that it has fast and fun gameplay that works with a controller on a console, it would be mediocre at best on the PC because PC RTS players expect a LOT more depth.

If they did do it for the PC, then it would have to almost be a completely different game entirely, which would just be too expensive. Couple this with the fact that the franchise’s fanbase is mostly comprised of console exclusive gamers, and you’ve got a recipe for disaster.

I think the future of Halo Wars is to offer a different kind of very polished RTS experience with fast paced action, tight controls, and leader abilities that are suited to and fun to use on the controller. This way, it may even tap into some of the Star Craft crowd. The key is to offer a different, but equally fun experience for RTS gamers. If they get even a fraction of the PC RTS crowd to say, “hey do you guys have an Xbox? You should get Halo Wars, it’s really fun and a great brake from Star Craft!” then it will be a huge success.

Meh, I was kinda hoping to have halogen back. I mean, I can actually run CnC generals on my PC, that was a big deal at one pint!

Yeah lousy Microsoft closed it like losers. I swear I hate them more and more each day.