Halo RPG?

How would you like a Halo RPG? Not a Sci-Fi MMORPG like Destiny. I was thinking more along the lines of Fallout or the Witcher with the same amount of immersion. Imagine customizing your armor and weapons and having it actually mean something in the game (Defense, Damage, Critical Hit Chance, etc.). You could buy vehicles and AI’s, stumble across large scale battles, and explore planets. The possibilities could be endless. Also just imagine the lore it could add! What would you guys want in a Halo RPG? or, if you don’t like the idea, why wouldn’t it work out?

> 2535414420217156;1:
> How would you like a Halo RPG? Not a Sci-Fi MMORPG like Destiny. I was thinking more along the lines of Fallout or the Witcher with the same amount of immersion. Imagine customizing your armor and weapons and having it actually mean something in the game (Defense, Damage, Critical Hit Chance, etc.). You could buy vehicles and AI’s, stumble across large scale battles, and explore planets. The possibilities could be endless. Also just imagine the lore it could add! What would you guys want in a Halo RPG? or, if you don’t like the idea, why wouldn’t it work out?

I would play that something like that! If it has vehicles i want first person view on em. I could see something like this working.

As long as it had an interesting story. Im a sucker for good rpgs

That would be pretty interesting. RPGs are choice based though, so events happen based on your decisions. The game itself would probably have to be non canon.

I think they should prioritize thinking through the main series but this could be somekind of spin-off game. Though im not sure how it could work out for Halo could be out of its field and its not doing that well on its own class right now so the main series should be the priority. Since if the RPG would flop then it could be just a nail to the coffin.

> 2535414420217156;1:
> How would you like a Halo RPG? Not a Sci-Fi MMORPG like Destiny. I was thinking more along the lines of Fallout or the Witcher with the same amount of immersion. Imagine customizing your armor and weapons and having it actually mean something in the game (Defense, Damage, Critical Hit Chance, etc.). You could buy vehicles and AI’s, stumble across large scale battles, and explore planets. The possibilities could be endless. Also just imagine the lore it could add! What would you guys want in a Halo RPG? or, if you don’t like the idea, why wouldn’t it work out?

The suggestion I made on another thread was this:

Your player-character is an engineer on a UNSC ship which crashes on a Forerunner Shield World (pulled down by tractor beams like what happened in Halo Wars, but in this case the doors malfunctioned and didn’t open, resulting in the ship just being smashed into the surface. The world is dotted with other crashed ships, several of which serve as cities where you can pick up quests and barter. Other locations you visit will be other crashed ships, Forerunner structures, and a plethora of natural features. Across the landscape a variety of Ancilla, animals, and various alien races and other humans will be encountered. The general advancement progression for the various pieces of gear, weapons, and armor would be UNSC -> Covenant -> Forerunner.

ex: You’d start out in your Engineering uniform, with very little defensive properties, would upgrade to Marine Flak Armor, then to ODST Armor, then to an Officer’s Uniform with built in shield. I’m not sure what would be best to do for Covenant defensive gear, but the top tier armor in the game would be a Forerunner Combat Skin.

There would be the typical variety of quests in the game, but I feel like the main quest line would include repairing the Installation’s Monitor, which in turn would start repairing systems around the Installation. I think a fun side quest would be encountering a camp of Grunts who fled the base camp for the Brute ship they’d been serving on out of fear that the Brutes would eat them when the supplies ran out, but now the Grunts are low on Methane, so you’re needed to take care of the Brutes to help the Grunts (slaughter and diplomacy both being options you may attempt). This would be a great chance to see Grunt society when it’s not under the thumb of another race.

I think this could be made completely cannon without any negative effect on any other story they’re telling. It’s fairly contained, doesn’t include any characters, ships or locations named in other sources, and the majority of the events don’t impact anything outside of that story, Really whether the Installation is able to be used by Humanity or a Covenant Splinter Faction are the only detail which would impact future storytelling.

I mentioned this idea some where else around waypoint I think but I would like a game where you play as a rogue Sanghieli in 3rd person with like a hybrid of zelda and assassins creed styled controls and concepts because then we could have all kinds of awesome sword fights.you would have your own ship that you could upgrade or alter and hire a crew much like assassins creed black flag and it would take place after the fall of the covenant empire so you would have to deal with prometheans, jackal pirates, UNSC blockades, and scavengers. there would be various small quests and missions that you could accomplish but the main story might be about stopping a brute who is building up and army and wants to destroy you keep and your family as a way of revenge because lets say your fleet attacked his homeworld during the great schism and his family was killed during the attack. this would also be a huge opportunity to include the yon net into the gaming portion of halo as you could make deals with them or find them roaming around on colony worlds. speaking of colonies you would be able to travel to human worlds that the UNSC has begun losing influence over such as venezia or meridian and also go to worlds that are populated with sanghieli and kig yar. plus having your own ship, you can participate in fleet battles and purchase fighters/drop ships from various factions so that you can participate in dog fights.

Make it about the Sanghellis. They’re much closer to a fantasy setting and I would like to know more about the world of the Covenant before the war.

> 2535445555605570;4:
> That would be pretty interesting. RPGs are choice based though, so events happen based on your decisions. The game itself would probably have to be non canon.

Many rpgs have one canonical ending but multiple choices

Yes, I wan’t real space travel

LIKE IT A LOT.That is like my biggest wish for Halo Universe.Bioware,CD Project Red and Bethesda UNITE and make HALO RPG!!!

I would really like to see this, but not as a main title game but a spin off. Maybe the next Halo ODST?

I think this would be a great Idea. I’ve always thought that a universe where you could create and upgrade a person and chose what mission I went on would be great.