Halo releasing new games too early?

Hey all was just wanting to post about new games beeing released and the timing.

Don’t get me wrong I am as much about supporting halo as the next fan, but in my opinion Halo Xbox One, apparently dubbed Halo 5 now, with a release date of 2014 most likely in November is too early.

For a giant seller, I say this because Halo 4 was anticipated by a huge amount of fans but it didn’t last very long, take your time with this game 343; listen to fans but also stand your ground, instead of having “Halo 5” in 2014 release more like 2015 so betas, patching, fixing glitches can be done before the release.

Instead make a halo spinoff or Halo remake… Halo 2 Anniversary or Halo 4: ODST or better yet, because some fans don’t want to read the books, make spinoff games based off Karen Traviss’ Kilo-Five books (Glasslands, Thursday War, Mortal Dictata) and Greg Bears Forerunner Saga (Cryptum, Primordium, Silentium). The spinoff games can be where you alternate between sides (Forerunner-Human Empire, Covenant-UNSC) given more perspective on the battle and a whole lot more in depth background.

The spinoff games could be done by different companies while 343i works on Halo Reclaimer Saga. Like Ensemble Studios (Halo Wars) and Bungie (Halo 3: ODST) releasing games in the same year.

Should be roughly structured like so:
2012 Halo 4
2013 Halo: Spartan Assault
2014: Halo 2 Anniversary*
2015: Halo 5
2016-2017: Halo: Forerunner Saga*
2016-2017: Halo: Kilo-Five*
2018: Halo 6
2019: Halo 3 Anniversary*
2021: Halo 7*
2022: Halo 4 Anniversary*
2024: Halo 8*
2025: Halo 5 Anniversary*
2026: Halo Spin-Off*
2027: Halo 9*

*Games that are ideas.
^Probably too much Anniversary Games.

TBH, if they release a Halo game every year, that’s just milking it. And if they go all the way up to Halo 9 AND release an Anniversary version of the Reclaimer Trilogy, that’s just beyond milking the series.

Wrong forum I think.

Why would they ever remake Halo 3? I think anything past Halo CE Anniversary is unnecessary.

Barren this is the wrong section. I think General Discussion is good for this. Ill report this just let the mods know to move this.

> Why would they ever remake Halo 3? I think anything past Halo CE Anniversary is unnecessary.

This, Halo CEA was to celebrate 10 years of Xbox and Halo, we don’t really need anything past a CE remake

> > Why would they ever remake Halo 3? I think anything past Halo CE Anniversary is unnecessary.
>
> This, Halo CEA was to celebrate 10 years of Xbox and Halo, we don’t really need anything past a CE remake

I need an online co-op campaign for Halo 2. It gets very boring playing through it solo.

2015 for Halo 5? Awww I was hoping it would come at least by late next year.

We don’t even know if the next game coming out is even Halo 5, its possible and probable but its not 100%. We need to wait and find out, personally I am hoping they turn Spartan Ops into a full length game.

Were there even any ODST in Halo 4?

> > > Why would they ever remake Halo 3? I think anything past Halo CE Anniversary is unnecessary.
> >
> > This, Halo CEA was to celebrate 10 years of Xbox and Halo, we don’t really need anything past a CE remake
>
> I need an online co-op campaign for Halo 2. It gets very boring playing through it solo.

Halo 2 legendary set both you and your friend back to checkpoint if only one of you died. It was an utter pain with jackal snipers.

If we got a Forerunner Saga based game I have no idea what I would do, probably kiss someone at 343 I love that era in Halo so much and the books are excellent.

Its only too early if it isn’t ready. With the low population and all the talk of consolidating play lists, Halo 4 has pretty well run its course.

By the time next November rolls around the Halo community will be more than ready for a new title, and the Xbox One will be long overdue for it.

> > > > Why would they ever remake Halo 3? I think anything past Halo CE Anniversary is unnecessary.
> > >
> > > This, Halo CEA was to celebrate 10 years of Xbox and Halo, we don’t really need anything past a CE remake
> >
> > I need an online co-op campaign for Halo 2. It gets very boring playing through it solo.
>
> Halo 2 legendary set both you and your friend back to checkpoint if only one of you died. It was an utter pain with jackal snipers.

It really wasn’t, Halo 2 had easy Legendary, if you know where the Snipers are it isn’t hard at all

> > > > > Why would they ever remake Halo 3? I think anything past Halo CE Anniversary is unnecessary.
> > > >
> > > > This, Halo CEA was to celebrate 10 years of Xbox and Halo, we don’t really need anything past a CE remake
> > >
> > > I need an online co-op campaign for Halo 2. It gets very boring playing through it solo.
> >
> > Halo 2 legendary set both you and your friend back to checkpoint if only one of you died. It was an utter pain with jackal snipers.
>
> It really wasn’t, Halo 2 had easy Legendary, if you know where the Snipers are it isn’t hard at all

Isn’t the general consensus that Halo 2 had the most difficult legendary in the series? I know that duel wielding elites were just about insta-death, what with aim bot and all.

I see some GOOD reasons to make a Halo 2 Anniversary.

Being it the start of Live for Halo, The only game not in HD. Lot’s of designs and art cut during the development. The worst graphics.

Now Halo 3 anniversary and beyond would be unnecessary in my opinion. And that’s all we have. Opinion

> > > > > > Why would they ever remake Halo 3? I think anything past Halo CE Anniversary is unnecessary.
> > > > >
> > > > > This, Halo CEA was to celebrate 10 years of Xbox and Halo, we don’t really need anything past a CE remake
> > > >
> > > > I need an online co-op campaign for Halo 2. It gets very boring playing through it solo.
> > >
> > > Halo 2 legendary set both you and your friend back to checkpoint if only one of you died. It was an utter pain with jackal snipers.
> >
> > It really wasn’t, Halo 2 had easy Legendary, if you know where the Snipers are it isn’t hard at all
>
> Isn’t the general consensus that Halo 2 had the most difficult legendary in the series? I know that duel wielding elites were just about insta-death, what with aim bot and all.

Maybe for some people, I found it easiest

> I see some GOOD reasons to make a Halo 2 Anniversary.
>
> Being it the start of Live for Halo, The only game not in HD. Lot’s of designs and art cut during the development. The worst graphics.
>
> Now Halo 3 anniversary and beyond would be unnecessary in my opinion. And that’s all we have. Opinion

Except by the time they got around to Halo 3 anniversary edition, it too would be old as dirt. The gap between Halo 2 and Halo 3 graphics isn’t hugely more than Halo 3 and Halo 4. Now imagine what is doable on the next generation…

The anniversary games are intrinsically unnecessary, so it really boils down to if there is demand.

If they do decide to do Halo 2 anny, I hope they are able to put together the campaign that was originally planned.

> TBH, if they release a Halo game every year, that’s just milking it. And if they go all the way up to Halo 9 AND release an Anniversary version of the Reclaimer Trilogy, that’s just beyond milking the series.

They’ve been releasing roughly a Halo game every year since 2007:

Sept 2007: Halo 3
May 2009: Halo Wars
Sept 2009: Halo 3 ODST
Nov 2010: Halo Reach
Nov 2011: Halo CE Anniversary
Nov 2012: Halo 4
July 2013: Halo Spartan Assault

A 2014 date for the next Halo game seems fine to me.

> > TBH, if they release a Halo game every year, that’s just milking it. And if they go all the way up to Halo 9 AND release an Anniversary version of the Reclaimer Trilogy, that’s just beyond milking the series.
>
> They’ve been releasing roughly a Halo game every year since 2007:
>
> Sept 2007: Halo 3
> May 2009: Halo Wars
> Sept 2009: Halo 3 ODST
> Nov 2010: Halo Reach
> Nov 2011: Halo CE Anniversary
> Nov 2012: Halo 4
> July 2013: Halo Spartan Assault
>
> A 2014 date for the next Halo game seems fine to me.

I agree with this.

Plus, it is a buiness. Game devolopers have realized that there is more profit by releasing a game each year. And when profit is involved, there is no stopping it.

But what 343 does to make sure that the content is up to par is they employ resources to make the game, while another one is being made. I’m pretty sure they have been working on the next Halo and mabey even the next Halo as well, since before the release of Halo 4.

All in all, no worries, there is definitely time being made to make sure that the next Halo will be spectacular, all in 60 fps!