Halo Reach update: Adding Armor customization?

Obviously nobody has any idea, but I would assume when 343 says, “let players battle together against common foes (and truly show off their custom Spartans to boot!).” when talking firefight, and the Remember Reach update is directly before, that they are going to add full customization for your spartan along with all, or (most) of Halo Reach’s armor. If this happens then 343 will have finally actually done something I myself have wanted them to do for a long time. By the way, the picture shows George’s armor.

I hope so.

Fingers crossed for that sweet sweet Emile and Jun armor

*Jorge

I would be very happy if they implemented more in-depth armour customization in that update. After all, 343i has shown that they are indeed listening to our feedback with the implementation of more colours, emblem customization and now Firefight. Maybe having more options for our armour isn’t all that far-fetched at this point either?

Let’s hope for the best and keep our fingers crossed!

> 2533274808386392;5:
> I would be very happy if they implemented more in-depth armour customization in that update. After all, 343i has shown that they are indeed listening to our feedback with the implementation of more colours, emblem customization and now Firefight. Maybe having more options for our armour isn’t all that far-fetched at this point either?
>
> Let’s hope for the best and keep our fingers crossed!

Is that kind of huge–Yoink- change even possible code-wise?

> 2533274907200114;6:
> > 2533274808386392;5:
> > I would be very happy if they implemented more in-depth armour customization in that update. After all, 343i has shown that they are indeed listening to our feedback with the implementation of more colours, emblem customization and now Firefight. Maybe having more options for our armour isn’t all that far-fetched at this point either?
> >
> > Let’s hope for the best and keep our fingers crossed!
>
>
> Is that kind of huge–Yoink- change even possible code-wise?

All Halo’s have some of the same code in their game, I bet Destiny has some Halo CE code in it even. I honestly don’t think it would be too hard to implement the Halo Reach customization in Halo 5, but hopefully they also put all of the Reach armor in Halo 5.

> 2535428753397605;4:
> *Jorge

It’s Curious George…

> 2533274832140639;1:
> Obviously nobody has any idea, but I would assume when 343 says, “let players battle together against common foes (and truly show off their custom Spartans to boot!).” when talking firefight, and the Remember Reach update is directly before, that they are going to add full customization for your spartan along with all, or (most) of Halo Reach’s armor. If this happens then 343 will have finally actually done something I myself have wanted them to do for a long time. By the way, the picture shows George’s armor.

It would be amazing if customization was restored, I just can’t figure out why it was removed to begin with.

Personally, I doubt we’d see a full return to Reach or Halo 4 customization depth, especially since the game shipped with such sparse options.

If we could improve Halo 5, to keep the idea simple and workable, I’d propose:

Helmet
Torso
Arms
Legs
Visor.

> 2533274881560701;10:
> Personally, I doubt we’d see a full return to Reach or Halo 4 customization depth, especially since the game shipped with such sparse options.
>
> If we could improve Halo 5, to keep the idea simple and workable, I’d propose:
>
> Helmet
> Torso
> Arms
> Legs
> Visor.

This. Please. I miss armor customization.

Every armor asset has 3d rendered geometry right? How hard would it be to split the sets up and render each piece separately so we can customize like Halo 4?

They’d have to change the whole R.E.Q. system to include all the shoulders, forearms, and leg plates. I doubt it’d going to happen.

> 2533274832368555;13:
> They’d have to change the whole R.E.Q. system to include all the shoulders, forearms, and leg plates. I doubt it’d going to happen.

Not necessarily, just have it come in bundles.

What gave you the full body armor before gives you the pieces now.

I really hope CQC makes a comeback. A lot of people want CBQ but I just want some CQC.

Drool over Emile’s armour…and assassinating people with the kukri…yes please!

> 2533274832368555;13:
> They’d have to change the whole R.E.Q. system to include all the shoulders, forearms, and leg plates. I doubt it’d going to happen.

Or maybe they could just leave it as it is, but the armor chest always comes with legs, shoulders and arms
it would be better

I think when they said “all while showing off your custom armor and colors” I don’t think they’re hinting at more advanced armor customization but rather more towards the colors of your Spartans armor. As we know Free for all is the only playlist where we can show off our true colors. Most of the time you’re just Red or Blue. So you know its nice they’re adding a new major mode where i can show off my true colors of my spartan armor.

> 2533274810428181;18:
> I think when they said “all while showing off your custom armor and colors” I don’t think they’re hinting at more advanced armor customization but rather more towards the colors of your Spartans armor. As we know Free for all is the only playlist where we can show off our true colors. Most of the time you’re just Red or Blue. So you know its nice they’re adding a new major mode where i can show off my true colors of my spartan armor.

maybe a proper pre-game lobby where you can see all spartan. Stats and k/d can still be hidden in pre-game to prevent early quitting, just show us the spartan+stance pre-game. It’s always emblems over emblems so drab

I fully doubt that they will bring full customization