Halo Reach topics

So, as of the August update where the members of 343 Industries updated halo reach. In this life time will they ever update reach one more time to fix the Default problems with servers? 343 if you ever see your self scrolling by this. Will you ever, unlock the military police helmet as well as the CQB helmet along with the Officer, Recon, chest pieces, and flames? (On halo reach) I see you made the DLC’s free. But will you unlock these pieces to the public?

<mark>mod edit: moved to Halo Reach</mark>

> 2533274924230155;1:
> So, as of the August update where the members of 343 Industries updated halo reach. In this life time will they ever update reach one more time to fix the Default problems with servers? 343 if you ever see your self scrolling by this. Will you ever, unlock the military police helmet as well as the CQB helmet along with the Officer, Recon, chest pieces, and flames? (On halo reach) I see you made the DLC’s free. But will you unlock these pieces to the public?
>
> mod edit: moved to Halo Reach

The Legendary and Eternal Armor effects will never be given out by 343i. The Eternal Armor effect was code linked with the Bungie Name Tag, which was given out on Bungie Day 2011 as a parting gift to it’s players. Bungie did not transfer the nameplate service over to 343i at all, so with no access to nameplates, there is no legitimate way to obtain the Eternal Armor effect anymore as they cannot give out or change nameplates and also for copyright reasons I am sure even if they could, they would not give the Bungie Nameplate out either for the sake of the Eternal Armor effect. Either you got it on 7/7/2011 or 7/8/2011, or you didn’t get it at all.

The Legendary Armor Effect was an incentive for people to buy the Legendary Edition of Halo: Reach. Note the name Legendary. It would be unfair to those who bought the Legendary Edition of Halo: Reach if 343i would give everybody free Orange Flames.

The Tier 3 Recon Helmet was an incentive for people to pre-order Halo: Reach. Once again incentive DLC for an edition of the game, which 343i will never give out to everybody. The Multithreat Chest Piece was a Gamestop Preorder Exclusive. Don’t see that being released to everybody as once again, it was offered an an incentive, in this case to specifically preorder from a specific place.

The Elite Officer Armor came from the Legendary Edition as well as a special code card. This one is debatable due to the code card, but once again will likely not be given out to the public by 343i.

Now the CQB Helmet, Military Police Helmet, and Security W Chestpiece, I can see 343i having a global unlock if the request was large enough due to the Xbox 360 Halo Waypoint app being out of date and usually broken. Although it is unlikely, three pieces of armor were left out of the final game that were in the Beta, which would be nice if 343i would release as a small update, but that likely won’t happen.

For the DLC armor and armor effect you should try buying one off Ebay. I have a code up right now but there hasn’t been much interest in it yet :wink:

I really do hope one day 343 will unlock the MP and CQB tho

special codes that bungie have created, 343i can not unlock them for players.

Still, what if you did preorder halo reach and now have these codes and armor pieces linked with your xbox account? The huge problem here is that even though I have the code, I still cannot access my recon helmet in Halo Reach when playing on my xbox one.

As I said in another post, any special item such as Blue Flames or pre-order bonuses should not be released ever again. If you were not there for the Blue Flames give away, then tough.

Giving out Blue Flames to all the randoms will just devalue the significance of the Flames. Look at Halo 3, Recon used to be such a sought after item that originally only Bungie could give out to players for certain actions and eventually, it could be earned by completing the difficult Vidmaster challenges. But then 343 gave out Recon in waves to players for doing absolutely nothing and made the armour feel utterly pointless now.

Apparently 343 cannot give away Blue Flames anyway but if in the event they somehow become able to in the future, they should not do so.