Halo:Reach Title Update suggestions/discussion

Before I start, please keep it clean. Don’t rage or insult someone because you have a different viewpoint or a better understanding than they do, its not cool.

I am talking title update, changing the way the game works on a level that can’t be done without one. I won’t go over melee or weapon damage or which armor abilities should be where etc. Do not talk about playlists, because that doesn’t require a title update.

Thread starts here

Grenades:
These things are the primary weapon in reach. Above all I think we can agree that grenades are far too good in the context of the game. Many people say that the blast radius is too large and the damage far too much and they aren’t too far from the truth. What makes grenades so deadly is that they are nearly impossible to dodge. Infact the only way to dodge one is if you sprint or dodge roll toward the person who threw it. Side stepping it rarely works, and running away from it will get you killed because it will land and explode very close to you if you try to run in the same direction it is thrown. The way to fix this would be to increase base player speed which can be done in part without the Title update. Another part is the insane damage output. If close, a frag will take out your shields and half your health. Damage needs to be less simply put. Grenades should be used to kill a low health fleeing enemy, not a primary way to weaken an enemy before the gunfight starts. A good way to make it work this way would be having grenades to less damage to shielded enemies and more to shieldless enemies. Another issue is the blast radius, however I am not so sure this is a big issue because it might be that the massive damage is making grenade blast radii seem larger. Another issue is the speed of a grenade. The thing is like a missile. If its throw speed is reduced, it will allow skilled players to dodge them better instead of being killed just like a less skilled player.

Medals: If you haven’t noticed yet, first stike is always the #1 medal in a postgame. this was a glitch that was in the beta, and was never changed. This is literally the only medal that will always show up no matter what in every game where there is a kill. So its quite obvious that it doesn’t qualify it for a top medal. The only medal that you can get in a game without killing a person is a rejection and vehicle stealing medals. Make room for the real medals. Another issue I have is that fancy assassinations are worth less than a headshot kill…This makes no sense whatsoever, espescially on swat, snipers, slayer DMR, slayer pro and the like. In any given game with a percision weapon there will usually be more headshots than there will be assassinations. To assassinate you have to catch up to an enemy from behind. It also takes a few seconds where you are %100 vulnerable to being killed by another enemy. Since most games have radar, people will usually see it coming unless they are not being aware at the moment, or if zoomed in. Headshots take a split second, and then you get it and most percision weapon kills are headshots.

ghosts, revenants and wraiths:
No this isn’t halloween but rather me saying fix these vehicles. If you haven’t experienced the floating vehicle siezure cannon of death you are lucky. Here is an example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6J5cQGZLRQ&feature=related
This is serious and it has happened far too often to ignore.

So please add to this list so 343i can get a good idea of what is needed for a title update. I am sure there is more. But remember if it can be fixed without a title update this is the wrong thread for it.

The warthog needs to get back to its roots and could benefit from a increase in accuracy or damage. A health boost to the vehicle would also help to balance it out. As it stands the hog is a very weak version of such a iconic vehicle. The banshee is just as easy to take down, but it does much more damage. The hog needs a balance tweak.

There are a few glitch with armor abilities:

Evade with a rocket launcher skips the animation roll where the rockets stay in place.
You can evade and crotch to glitch it so you can still shoot and melee while rolling.
Armor Locks sometimes will appear as the person is standing up, and the glazing effect needs to be removed.

Personally I believe that Armor Lock, Invisibility, Drop Shield, and Jet-pack should be removed from the Load Out menu leaving only Sprint and Evade to choose from in all game-types. And place Armor Lock, Jet-pack, and Drop Shield as pick-ups on the map. This would bring back the Halo feel of power ups.

One last suggest is to bring back the Halo 3 melee mixed with how Reach does it. Id like for a jumping melee to do more damage. Maybe a jumping melee would take the player down to no shields, and a regular melee would bring it down to 15% shields.

The bleed through effect made melee fights more in favor of the better person. So if this was also brought back I would not mind the change.

Also there is a glitch with the bulltrue medal. Many times a bulltrue will still result in a death for the person getting it.

good finds sir good finds. However you started talking about loadouts and that isn’t what this is about.

Getting accused of suicide and its not ur fault. Like on spire. Ur sniping and a team member pushes u over the edge by walking into u. It will say suicide. I feel that player should booted.

You started a thread about suggestions for a Title Update. And you got mine. Load-outs and armor abilities happen to be a issue.

> You started a thread about suggestions for a Title Update. And you got mine. Load-outs and armor abilities happen to be a issue.

what you said about them can be fixed through settings, not a title update…

Banshee evade spam is an issue. It renders Rocket and PL lock on near useless. Each flip should drain one quarter of the boost bar.

Also, for skilled pilots on Elite Slayer / Invasion, there are ZERO counters for an enemy Banshee. Needle Rifle damage at the least should be increased on all vehicles.

The bombs splash damage is way too much, ‘accidental’ doubles and triples are too common. Either nerf it, or make it only able to target vehicles.

Possibly increase the plasma guns damage, seems lower than ever before.

And thats just the Banshee…sigh…

> Getting accused of suicide and its not ur fault. Like on spire. Ur sniping and a team member pushes u over the edge by walking into u. It will say suicide. I feel that player should booted.

Hahaha, I do that all the time. Just for the lulz. The game doesn’t know you were pushed. The game knows that you fell, and that’s it. Oh well. ;D

Bloom and melee need to be fixed, we all know this. Grenades, eh sure I guess I’ll go with that. They’re grenades, they are supposed to be powerful though.

I do agree on vehicles. I wouldn’t mind if they weren’t effected so much by DMR fire.

Drivers should recieve less damage in warthogs and falcons, im happy with the rest, altho I can see your points being helpful

I hate bloom, and i wish they’d simply have an option to remove it for certain gametypes entirely, or custom games. I’m not going to delve into it, as it’s been said before.

Grenades though I like the radius, the problem I feel is in the fact that they blow an energy shield off and does damage to the health (where as melee won’t bleed over and only does damage to the shield unless they’re no shield). I think the damage should be reduced VERY slightly. The main thing to fix nades I think is increase the fuse timer by about .1 seconds, maybe .2. I still want nades to be able to bleed into health and kill people who don’t move, I just honestly think the reaction time to move away from grenades is shorter than what it should be which is really what makes the nades annoying. By the time you hear the click from a bounce it’s usually too late.

> Banshee evade spam is an issue. It renders Rocket and PL lock on near useless. Each flip should drain one quarter of the boost bar.
>
> Also, for skilled pilots on Elite Slayer / Invasion, there are ZERO counters for an enemy Banshee. Needle Rifle damage at the least should be increased on all vehicles.
>
> The bombs splash damage is way too much, ‘accidental’ doubles and triples are too common. Either nerf it, or make it only able to target vehicles.
>
> Possibly increase the plasma guns damage, seems lower than ever before.
>
> And thats just the Banshee…sigh…

I agree with the Banshee Bomb being too powerful. It takes about as much skill to kill someone as a wraith shot. In Halo 3 a one shot kill had to be dead on the person. I’d like for the splash damage to also be turned down. Elite slayer does need to be given weapons to defend against vehicles. Sticky Launcher doesnt seem to do the trick.

> > You started a thread about suggestions for a Title Update. And you got mine. Load-outs and armor abilities happen to be a issue.
>
> what you said about them can be fixed through settings, not a title update…

Very true. Still would be a nice mixture of classic Halo power-ups and Load-outs I feel.

Bloom. Especially on the DMR needs to be changed.

> > Banshee evade spam is an issue. It renders Rocket and PL lock on near useless. Each flip should drain one quarter of the boost bar.
> >
> > Also, for skilled pilots on Elite Slayer / Invasion, there are ZERO counters for an enemy Banshee. Needle Rifle damage at the least should be increased on all vehicles.
> >
> > The bombs splash damage is way too much, ‘accidental’ doubles and triples are too common. Either nerf it, or make it only able to target vehicles.
> >
> > Possibly increase the plasma guns damage, seems lower than ever before.
> >
> > And thats just the Banshee…sigh…
>
> I agree with the Banshee Bomb being too powerful. It takes about as much skill to kill someone as a wraith shot. In Halo 3 a one shot kill had to be dead on the person. I’d like for the splash damage to also be turned down. Elite slayer does need to be given weapons to defend against vehicles. Sticky Launcher doesnt seem to do the trick.

plasma pistol…

> > > Banshee evade spam is an issue. It renders Rocket and PL lock on near useless. Each flip should drain one quarter of the boost bar.
> > >
> > > Also, for skilled pilots on Elite Slayer / Invasion, there are ZERO counters for an enemy Banshee. Needle Rifle damage at the least should be increased on all vehicles.
> > >
> > > The bombs splash damage is way too much, ‘accidental’ doubles and triples are too common. Either nerf it, or make it only able to target vehicles.
> > >
> > > Possibly increase the plasma guns damage, seems lower than ever before.
> > >
> > > And thats just the Banshee…sigh…
> >
> > I agree with the Banshee Bomb being too powerful. It takes about as much skill to kill someone as a wraith shot. In Halo 3 a one shot kill had to be dead on the person. I’d like for the splash damage to also be turned down. Elite slayer does need to be given weapons to defend against vehicles. Sticky Launcher doesnt seem to do the trick.
>
> plasma pistol…

The plasma pistol needs its tracking toned down. Its almost as bad as the Halo 3 rocket lock on. Takes nothing to shoot down or disable a vehicle. Needs a fixin.

I’ll probably get flamed for this, but I actually really like the plasma pistol. I can see the tracking being taken down a tad bit, but not to the point that the Halo 3 tracking was. If anything, I think making it so that you can’t hold it as long without it going off would help it a lot. I see the plasma pistol as a skillful weapon in the right hands, problem is that at the moment it’s too easy to use (can hold the right trigger for too long IMO).

Course, I don’t find plasma pistol tracking to be near as bad as needle tracking. I swear every game of elite slayer I ever play everyone plays with the needler over any other weapon. Didn’t mind elite slayer until the needler took over as weapon of choice either.

> I’ll probably get flamed for this, but I actually really like the plasma pistol. I can see the tracking being taken down a tad bit, but not to the point that the Halo 3 tracking was. If anything, I think making it so that you can’t hold it as long without it going off would help it a lot. I see the plasma pistol as a skillful weapon in the right hands, problem is that at the moment it’s too easy to use (can hold the right trigger for too long IMO).
>
> Course, I don’t find plasma pistol tracking to be near as bad as needle tracking. I swear every game of elite slayer I ever play everyone plays with the needler over any other weapon. Didn’t mind elite slayer until the needler took over as weapon of choice either.

The tracking needs to be toned down. Its almost fire and forget its so bad. I’d like it to go back to the Halo 3 system.

Thanks for the support guys. I kind of forgot about banshees. They are terrible on invasion when you can just spawn zone camp with them, and paradiso? OMFG spawn camp city. The banshee spawn camps really well if you can’t tell from my ramblings.

Sniper Rifle needs to do less damage to vehicles as well. Lets face it gives players too much power. I get that it should do damage, but it neglects the need to actually aim with the weapon and get head shots out of vehicles, or even body shots. Especially in the case of taking down a vehicle with it. Like a tank. What ever happened to using your head to take out a vehicle? And not relying on the DMR to get a kill. I feel Bungie tried to make the game too fair, if someone had a tank, you should have to get a anti-tank weapon to kill them.

Make it so you have to bash the hatch open on the top and rear of a Scorpion tank before planting the grenade. Why on Earth would Bungie make it so you can just jump on a tank and plant a grenade?