halo reach sucks

man what a rip off. first off it has the same gameplay. there is no duck and cover i mean come on guys get with the program. the weapons are the same and the characters are the same. this should have been an addon to odst. for a game that revolutionized gamming it seems that you could have keep up with the competition.what a let down.even mass effect 2 got with the program. this game is still the same as past halos jump around a shoot wheres the strategic to this game. even the graphics are the same very disappointed

a couple of things i found disappointing also is that you have to hold down the left stick to go prone. this gets in the way of navigating. another is you cant aim the weapon. you only have the cross hairs out front. it would be nice to pull the weapon up and look down the sights.

wow all the people that have read this post and no one comments. i am just glad that im not the only one that feels like they got ripped off or else someone would have bashed by now.

so far, I like the game. I didn’t play ODST so can’t comment on the graphics in comparison to that game but I think it does look better than Halo 3. I hate having to hold down the stick to crouch. Most games allow you to toggle that and, guess what, so does Reach. Just look under the settings.

> man what a rip off. first off it has the same gameplay. there is no duck and cover i mean come on guys get with the program. the weapons are the same and the characters are the same. this should have been an addon to odst. for a game that revolutionized gamming it seems that you could have keep up with the competition.what a let down.even mass effect 2 got with the program. this game is still the same as past halos jump around a shoot wheres the strategic to this game. even the graphics are the same very disappointed

Funny… you must be the only one that hates it seeing as every review for it that i have seen has been great and no one else is complaining on here. Halo is obviously not the game you want so just gift it to someone that will appreciate it for what it is while you go play COD or some other game…

> wow all the people that have read this post and no one comments. i am just glad that im not the only one that feels like they got ripped off or else someone would have bashed by now.

We just figured it we waited long enough your mom would send you to bed and you would stop posting…

sounds like you have an issue with kids monkey soda. i am a 37 year old that has had just about every console and game to boot the game would be awesome if they would come up to speed. besides monkey snot i figured i would get a dumb -Yoink- response from someone like you so say nighty night and dont let the halo bugs bight

woops i meant bite

Well, if you want a fuller analysis of your critique of the game, I’ll oblige you:

> man what a rip off. first off it has the same gameplay.

Odd how a Halo game plays like a … Halo game? Go figure! Of course the core gameplay is going to be the same. The game is a franchise and holding to what it is known for, and delivers on, is not only reasonable, but expected.

> there is no duck and cover i mean come on guys get with the program.

Actually you can crouch behind concrete walls, and such. And use walls, pillars, etc for cover. Sure, the game lacks a ‘mash this button to automagically do something that someone with skill can do already’ button, but I consider that benefit.

> the weapons are the same

The game takes place in the same, established Halo-verse. There are some minor variations on the weapons, but did you really expect to see entirely different weapons in a pre-made world that is established?

> and the characters are the same.

Of course they are. You are playing another Spartan. Which has had the same training as the Spartan played in previous games.

> this game is still the same as past halos jump around a shoot wheres the strategic to this game.

Again, it is a Halo game. When you have a Franchise, with established play style, you stick with it. The strategy comes from the player on how to deal with each threat. I just watched someone drive a Warthog up ramps and stairs so they could bombard zealots with the rocket packs on the Warthog. That clearly wasn’t the intended method to the particular scenario, but it worked due to the player improvising and being strategic.

> even the graphics are the same very disappointed

The one area that has had the most improvement is the graphics. The planet has incredible detail and is visually stunning . The characters have amazing detail, and move very well on screen.

The game engine is clean, the graphics are great, and the same gameplay we expect from Halo has returned in spades… Its a great game so far, and I expect it will hold its own for at least a good 2 years before something even comes close to challenging it on visual appeal alone.

Forgive me, but, you’re 37 years old?!? Usually, adults know how to use periods. Anyway, I agree on the duck and cover, it could help a little with immersion, animation wise. But, generally, it seems to me you’re looking to play a different game, MW2 maybe? This is Halo. This is how we roll. Period. (no pun intended)

Go to SETTINGS: Change crouch to (TOGGLE). 1 problem solved.

I just got the game today and that is always the 1st thing I do. (Set it up to my liking).

I can’t help you with the rest of your issues since I just started playing (about an hour or so).

> Go to SETTINGS: Change crouch to (TOGGLE). 1 problem solved.
>
> I just got the game today and that is always the 1st thing I do. (Set it up to my liking).
>
>
> I can’t help you with the rest of your issues since I just started playing (about an hour or so).

Nice.

After finishing on heroic mode , Here is my verdict regarding the solo campaign. I must admit the game is quite good indeed, but I certainly don’t understand why there is so much hype around it. According to IGN, Gamespot and gametrailer, Reach’s got almost a perfect score.

Regarding the graphics. All outdoors level are outstanding (especially the lvl with vegetation). Very beautiful, huge and detailed environnement. “Loading zones” are quite fast and almost unoticable. Combat lightning are good as well. However, during certains situation, there are drops in framerate especially during very big fight. The lvl dedicated to the falcon also have such a drop in fluidity.
Indoor lvl are not as detailed as outside lvl and its a bit disappointing. To be honest, some room are really ugly. It seems that some environnement just miss some textures…

From the gameplay point of view, I feel like standard weapons lack of punch due to shied generation. In order to kill shielded enemy, you better kill it fast before he runs for cover and recharge the batteries. The AI is pretty darn good. Enemy will dodge you grenades making it pretty much useless in some battles ( same goes for sniping, the enemy will roll away after taking the first shot making it hard to kill). However… the ally AI lacks… (Spartans and soldiers). It will sometimes gets stuck or just stand still while you are fighting next to them. The AI is only good for tanking enemies but that’s about it (However, when he tanks, it is possible to attempt a flank manoeuver). The armor perks are good implemantation and allow players to change and adapt their gameplay.
The overall difficulty is not well balance through the campaign. Indeed, there are some part that are ridiculously difficult and sometimes requires a lot of luck to pass through (I had a lot of trouble when I had to 4 elites in that hangar).

Even though they are some lvl with vehicules, the game feels repetitive. Halo can be summerize as blast your way through the end. It would be nice to have some infiltration gameplay.

Overall, the game is pretty good, well it’s a halo game… but I really don’t understand why its been praised so much. I believe the multiplayer is the core of reach. And here is my question. Do you need to belong to a clan (a bit like wow) in order to appreciate the game at its full potential? If so then I better start looking for one.

Picked up the limited edition version Tusday morning.

Have to say I’m really impressed with both the game and the content in the limted edition (would have liked to shell out for the Legendary but the fiancie wont let me lol).

The game is excellent (only a short way in) but I’m loving every second. Quite possibly the best Halo game to date, it really does throw you in the deep end (even for a Spartan).

Even without duck and cover mechanics which so many FPS & 3rd person shooters are using these days (examples ME2, Uncharted, GoW etc) there is a lot of strategy which needs to go into this game. The Covenant forces seem larger and tougher than previous games, forcing you to think about what your going to do and how your going to tackel each new senario.

As for the extra content I have to say I’m really impressed (while I would have enjoyed a making of DVD I can live without it). The amount of detail thats gone into Halsey’s diary is stagary, the first time I opened the box it honestly felt like finding some lost relc or something.

The news reports (with the little advertisments on the back) are awonderful touch and really bring an extra level of life to the franchise.

Its a shame this will be bungies final Halo outing (though supposedly they will be producing a some DLC for the game - based on the previous Halo games I suspect this to be extra multiplayer maps).

345 have big shoes to fill.

P

> man what a rip off. first off it has the same gameplay. there is no duck and cover i mean come on guys get with the program. the weapons are the same and the characters are the same. this should have been an addon to odst. for a game that revolutionized gamming it seems that you could have keep up with the competition.what a let down.even mass effect 2 got with the program. this game is still the same as past halos jump around a shoot wheres the strategic to this game. even the graphics are the same very disappointed

I think you’re looking for a game called “Call of duty”
I say that because you seem to be compariing the two ‘seperate’ games. Am i bashing you, no. Im just saying (and giving you the heads up) that its ill-advised to compare the said title in a HALO forum.

And i also dissagree with your opinions. But they’re my own.

Sorry to Double post. But im still having editing problems.

And as the for the whole ‘duck and cover’ issue. Dont get lazy and rellie on the physics of a game to play for you, duck and cover yourself.
The game is strategic enough so you can.
Its how you play the game.

the original crouch setting is designed for accelerated tea bagging…duh

If you go into the controller menu and select “toggle” for the left thumb stick you do not have to hold down the stick to stay crouched.

I am having problems with continuing the game. It keeps returning to the previous mission I just completed and making me do it over again. I am choosing “continue solo campaign” from the menu. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? It wasn’t doing this when I last played solo. The only thing I changed so far from that point is to add firefight scoring.

I totally agree with hevyford2: i find this game poor.
Are all halo fans so much happy to see a new chapter of the saga that they cannot see its defects ?
Have all halo fans ever played any other fps so thay do not have any way to do any comparison ?

Detailed graphics ? Indoors are really ugly !!
Big maps ? You call those multiplayer maps big ? some of them are just a bunch of platforms linked by stairs !!
Strategy ? i felt like i was teleported back in time to unreal tournament and quake ! run & shoot & jump, the only strategy is move fast and blast as accurately as possible! you can flank your enemy or attack them from above, that’s fine, but…when you get 16 players respawning in 4 seconds in a “not so big map” what strategic plans you think you can make ?
Besides…when you die you don’t even get the time to see your score, or to choose another class, you just get bashed into the match willing or not !!
You can shoot precisely even when running…actually running or walking does not affect aim…
You can shoot & jump too easy, even with an rpg !..ok, we’are in a sci-fi game and we are all armor-powered up…but come on this is unreal !
duck and cover ? they’re useless, the moment you stop you get a respawned player behind your back and the moment you duck…well what does exactly change ?

I think that the DMR takes way too long to kill anyone. So bad is the DMR that Halo Reach almost really does suck.