Halo Reach skulls over Halo 3?

Why do you think they went with Halo Reach’s Skull system over Halo 3’s?
By which I mean having skulls already unlocked rather than finding them to unlock.

Halo 2’s skull system was pretty horrible, but still fun to search for. Halo 3’s was fun as hell, finding the skulls was what gave me a reason to replay a second, third and even a fourth time (before there were guides).
Halo reaches system was just boring.
The search is what made skulls such a fun, halo-exclusive thing, and it saddens me that I won’t be able to spend hours searching every little crevice, stumbling across little eastereggs and things I’d have never usually seen, and get the pleasure of finding a skull on my own.

Wait…it has been confirmed that they took skull-hunting out?? :frowning:

This saddens my face :frowning:

> Wait…it has been confirmed that they took skull-hunting out?? :frowning:
>
> This saddens my face :frowning:

It hasn’t been confirmed, as far as I know, but from screenshots of the skull selection page, it seemed they’re all pre-unlocked.

I hope there is still skull hunting :slight_smile:

If they removed it, d**k move!

> > Wait…it has been confirmed that they took skull-hunting out?? :frowning:
> >
> > This saddens my face :frowning:
>
> It hasn’t been confirmed, as far as I know, but from screenshots of the skull selection page, it seemed they’re all pre-unlocked.

Remember, in the public builds, 343 has everything unlocked, so skulls may well have been unlocked beforehand. However, it is still discouraging that there are no achievements for specific skulls, although you may have to find the 3 skulls, turn them on and beat one mission for one of them.

I don’t know, but every time someone from 343 is asked whether skull-hunting is back, they respond with something like, “There’s definitely going to be a lot out there but I’m not going to say what!”

I think they’re not going to be able to be found. :\

They brought skull hunting back for Anniversary. They should ALSO bring back Halo 3’s style of metagame achievements.

> I don’t know, but every time someone from 343 is asked whether skull-hunting is back, they respond with something like, “There’s definitely going to be a lot out there but I’m not going to say what!”
>
> I think they’re not going to be able to be found. :\

I hope they combine it.

You don’t need to find them to use them, but it won’t grant any bonuses or anything. However, they’ll still be scattered around the levels, and finding them will give you an achievement and the bonus.

Finding skulls for me is a part from the halo experience.
i hope they havent got lazy and made them unlocked like reach :frowning:
And i also loved that feeling so bad of bieng rewarded for finding them!

A lot of people seem to think that skull hunting is important to the feel of a Halo game, but when I posted a similar thread a few months back, I got hate for ‘not moving on’ and ‘seeing with nostalgia goggles’.

> > > Wait…it has been confirmed that they took skull-hunting out?? :frowning:
> > >
> > > This saddens my face :frowning:
> >
> > It hasn’t been confirmed, as far as I know, but from screenshots of the skull selection page, it seemed they’re all pre-unlocked.
>
> Remember, in the public builds, 343 has everything unlocked, so skulls may well have been unlocked beforehand. However, it is still discouraging that there are no achievements for specific skulls, although you may have to find the 3 skulls, turn them on and beat one mission for one of them.

^That

I really, really hope they brought back skull hunting. it was GLORIOUS!
When they took it out of Reach, it was a big “wait, what!?” moment.

A tear might be shed if there is no skull hunting in 4.

Ahhhh did they take out skull searching again? I mean terminals are cool but not the same as skull hunting.

You know what we talked about b4 343? You trying to not being a certain phrase that is a banable offense to use on here?

Starts w/ an H- ends w/ -genized. Normally is used in context w/ dairy products but has since been misconscrewed by Chief from Arby n the Chief? You know what I’m talking about… Don’t be that word you guys.