Halo: Reach Saving Civilians?

It’s been a long time since I played Reach. I’m going through it again on Legendary and I can’t remember if saving, or not saving, the civilians in the militia in Nightfall helps or hurts you at a later point in the game? Is it worth trying to save them or not? Is there a bonus involved or something? Please explain pros and cons to this. Thanks!

From my point of view, it’s worth it. If you save them you will have backup in the rest of the mission, but after that nothing changes. You can also equip them with Rocket Launchers and Sniper Rifles that will be very usefull though the mission. Not saving them will just make the mission harder, but in the story there’s no change.
If your speedrunning, they will be a major delay, therefore, you should leave them, but it’s also nothing major, since you can then sneak your way to the end after that part.

> 2533274977491110;1:
> It’s been a long time since I played Reach. I’m going through it again on Legendary and I can’t remember if saving, or not saving, the civilians in the militia in Nightfall helps or hurts you at a later point in the game? Is it worth trying to save them or not? Is there a bonus involved or something? Please explain pros and cons to this. Thanks!

the reward is that you have what is essentially a squad of people following you through nightfall, if you give them a sniper rifle, rocket launcher, ect. then you have allies running around with infinite ammo power weapons

idk use them for meatshields later.

hi

Please don’t revive old topics thanks