Halo Reach Playlist Setup: Revamped.

I think everyone here knows that Reach’s current playlist setup was not planned well. Reach does not have the population to sustain 23 playlists. I have a suggestion of a new playlist setup. Feel free to post yours as well, and politely discuss. You can also ignore my changes to The Arena, and to discuss only the playlist setup. I did my best, without removing many key playlists. I cut it down to 17, plus the one that happens to be in the weekend rotation.

Anyway, here is my idea for a new playlist setup.

The Arena: (Hidden 1-50 with divisions) 1-10=Iron 11-20=Bronze 21-30=Silver 31-45=Gold 46-50=Onyx

• 4v4 Slayer
  • 4v4 Objective
  • 2v2 Slayer/Objective
  • MLG
  • Team Classic

Competitive:

• Rumble Pit
  • SWAT
  • Team Snipers
  • Big Team Battle
  • Multi Team (4, 5, or 6 teams of 2)
  • Invasion
  • Team DLC (5v5)
  • Action Sack

Community:

• Community Slayer (5v5)
  • Community Objective (5v5)

Firefight:

• Score Attack
  • Firefight

Super Jackpot Weekend:

• Race
  • Grifball
  • Living Dead
  • Any others that don’t have a place as an actual playlist, unless they get a really high population. (ex: Fiesta playlist)

For Multi team, it needs to go back to teams of 2. Whether it be Halo 3 style 4 teams, Reach’s original 6 teams, or an in-between. As for Grifball, it would be included in Action Sack. Infection would be moved to Rumble Pit, which would be expanded to 10 players.

As for Arena, I would have more adjustments other than what is listed. As for the hidden 1-50 I said, the percentile breakdown would also change. The breakdown would show how close you are to your next division. Each 10% is 1 level.

With my change to the Arena system, it would also require you to get Iron before you could rank up past General Grade 4. That way, you could still get all the Armour (except Haunted) without playing the Arena. It wouldn’t be as harsh as Halo 3’s system was. Seasons would still be in effect, but your rank would always reflect your highest skill achieved (ex: If you got to Gold, it would always state [in your service record] what your highest rank was, and when you got it, and If you are a Forerunner, people would know you would have gotten Gold).

Field Marshall- Iron (1-10, basically play Arena once)
Hero- Bronze (11-20)
Legend- Bronze
Mythic- Bronze
Noble- Silver (21-30)
Eclipse- Silver
Nova- Silver
Forerunner- Gold (31-45)
Reclaimer- Gold
Inheritor- Onyx (45-50)

Basically, if you got in any one division, you would be able to reach any level below that ranking. So, if in one season you got to Silver, you could get to Nova, but you could go no further until you got Gold or Onyx division. I would also make your current division symbol visible on your nameplate at all times, and your highest division achieved would be visible in your service record.

I am confused. Why put living dead in rumble pit?

Living Dead deserves its own playlist. Its the only playlist we have right now where I can stay away from all the other Reach nonsense.

Please correct me because I am confused.

We also need additional information from 343i.

They could be implementing a ranking system and that would throw off my format between Arena and Competitive.

> I am confused. Why put living dead in rumble pit?
>
> Living Dead deserves its own playlist. Its the only playlist we have right now where I can stay away from all the other Reach nonsense.
>
> Please correct me because I am confused.

Living Dead would be not completely disappear, it would still be part of the Super Jackpot Weekend rotation. It would also have a heavy weighting in Rumble Pit. It’s not like you would never get to play it. There would probably only be 4 or 5 playlists in the SJW rotation, so you would get the Living Dead playlists for a weekend each month. Not to mention it would be often voted for in Rumble Pit.

> > I am confused. Why put living dead in rumble pit?
> >
> > Living Dead deserves its own playlist. Its the only playlist we have right now where I can stay away from all the other Reach nonsense.
> >
> > Please correct me because I am confused.
>
> Living Dead would be not completely disappear, it would still be part of the Super Jackpot Weekend rotation. It would also have a heavy weighting in Rumble Pit. It’s not like you would never get to play it. There would probably only be 4 or 5 playlists in the SJW rotation, so you would get the Living Dead playlists for a weekend each month. Not to mention it would be often voted for in Rumble Pit.

I see too many things wrong with messing with the most played playlist. Those 10,000+ players would have to wait for its rotation to appear during the month and get stuck with ******* elite slayer in Rumble Pit. Oh dear. Don’t do this to me haha.

> > > I am confused. Why put living dead in rumble pit?
> > >
> > > Living Dead deserves its own playlist. Its the only playlist we have right now where I can stay away from all the other Reach nonsense.
> > >
> > > Please correct me because I am confused.
> >
> > Living Dead would be not completely disappear, it would still be part of the Super Jackpot Weekend rotation. It would also have a heavy weighting in Rumble Pit. It’s not like you would never get to play it. There would probably only be 4 or 5 playlists in the SJW rotation, so you would get the Living Dead playlists for a weekend each month. Not to mention it would be often voted for in Rumble Pit.
>
> I see too many things wrong with messing with the most played playlist. Those 10,000+ players would have to wait for its rotation to appear during the month and get stuck with ******* elite slayer in Rumble Pit. Oh dear. Don’t do this to me haha.

It only one of the most played playlists because it is so easy for the humans to farm kills and make their K/D look good. And like I said, it would be weighted heavily, so it would probably get voted for a lot. This would also give 343i time to input Community maps in between the rotations. And I know the LD fans want those.

zombie can go die in a sewer with the rest of the poop and garbage.

if you play zombies, you are a brainless moron.

the FFA playlist need to be at max 5 people. 8 is too many and 10 is WAY too many.

> I am confused. Why put living dead in rumble pit?
>
> Living Dead deserves its own playlist. Its the only playlist we have right now where I can stay away from all the other Reach nonsense.
>
> Please correct me because I am confused.

Don’t you remember the problem with having infection only in rumble pit, “none of the above for zombies” I will not want that again, i do want it to be a weekend playlist only again.

Here’s what I think they should do:

1 - combine both premium battle and slayer (most I see in either playlist is 1500 in prime time). Social slayer in H3 still has almost double that on any given day.

2 - Make Grifball, Action Sack appear in some weekend playlist. I would include Living Dead here but for some reason it’s the most popular playlist in Reach so I’ll leave that one out. You could add Team Classic to this list since it rarely gets over 500 people now (either that or just delete it since it failed). Hopefully they’ll revamp that playlist with the TU or implement something entirely new.

I would certainly be open to combining the slayer playlists, but AL would have to go. With these changes we would still have quite a bit of variety (14 MP playlists with extras on the w/e). Those are just some ideas I had and I think it would be a good start to bring more of the population together.

> Don’t you remember the problem with having infection only in rumble pit, “none of the above for zombies” I will not want that again, i do want it to be a weekend playlist only again.

Yeah, Living Dead was originally folded into Rumble Pit for somewhere near a month, but it was picked WAY too much; enough to get its own playlist. To fold it back would be a step backwards. It warrants a playlist of its own as it currently is.

Also, OP, seasons are in effect specifically so you CAN’T sit on your highest rank. If it showed every you got a 1% Onyx, why would I want to keep playing the playlist? It’s shown for statistic sake, but buried to keep Arena competitive. Resets would be pointless if you got to keep the rank you earned forever. Your system doesn’t make any sense.

> >the FFA playlist need to be at max 5 people. 8 is too many and 10 is WAY too many.

Yes. IMO Lone Wolves in H3 has a great setup. It never feels too crowded and it seems to have a good flow.

> Here’s what I think they should do:
>
> 1 - combine both premium battle and slayer (most I see in either playlist is 1500 in prime time). Social slayer in H3 still has almost double that on any given day.
>
> 2 - Make Grifball, Action Sack appear in some weekend playlist. I would include Living Dead here but for some reason it’s the most popular playlist in Reach so I’ll leave that one out. You could add Team Classic to this list since it rarely gets over 500 people now (either that or just delete it since it failed). Hopefully they’ll revamp that playlist with the TU or implement something entirely new.
>
> I would certainly be open to combining the slayer playlists, but AL would have to go. With these changes we would still have quite a bit of variety (14 MP playlists with extras on the w/e). Those are just some ideas I had and I think it would be a good start to bring more of the population together.

I just combined Grifball into Action Sack. Like Action Sack in H3.

I left Team Classic on the list because I know that is a huge focus for 343i, especially with the 7 “greatest maps of all time” coming with CEA.

I agree with cutting down on Slayer playlists. There are now 4 Slayer playlists with almost the exact same settings. Team Slayer, Squad Slayer, Premium Slayer and The Arena are all too similar to keep. They must either change some of them, or remove some of them.

thanks,
i always seem to get double teamed with 8 player or my kills get taken from me.

> > >the FFA playlist need to be at max 5 people. 8 is too many and 10 is WAY too many.
>
> Yes. IMO Lone Wolves in H3 has a great setup. It never feels too crowded and it seems to have a good flow.