Halo:Reach on PC

Dear Microsoft/Bungie

We all want Halo Reach for PC.

It’s time you started caring about Us PC gamers who are forced to buy Xbox 360 and the games themselves. all because of Lazy Game Developers

Halo 2 Vista was a terrible port of an old game, no new features (online co-op), Not Available for Windows XP users and you expected it to fail anyway.

We see Halo Reach is feature rich, and hope to see this game for PC.

You can also improve/Upgrade it for the PC specifically,Like: 16xAA/16xAF,Very High-res Textures,Alot More Effects, ETC

It’s time you paid attention to PC gamers, we want a quality game, we want to have fun.

And now we wait and discuss.

Bungieeee, hellooooo respond please? WE ARE NOT STATUES, WE ARE LIVING PEOPLE, WE ARE PC PLAYERS!!!
Thank you? =)

Too Long have we Been ignored Microsoft,Too Long.
Age of Empires Online is not the Age of Empires IV us PC Gamers Wanted,Fable 3 is Ok And Who cares about a Flight Simulator?.

It’s Time you Gave us a Great Shooter,It’s time you Gave us: Halo Reach (With the Graphical Improvements listed in the First Post)

Halo 3/ODST/Reach are infact a better idea to produce for PC. Microsoft was really stupid to produce H2V with little to no new features compared to Halo 3 for Xbox 360.

I hope there can be a better Halo for PC, because so far the Halo IP on PC is dead.

Damn right!!

Meh,I’ll Write the Graphical Enhancements We Should Expect in Full.

-16xAA/16xAF
-All Textures are MUCH More High-Res
-Improved Models (Where Needed)
-Native 1200p (The PC can go higher than native 1080p folks)
-Improved Effects
-60FPS

Nice options, I agree with those.

There are reasons this won’t happen:

A) The cost to port the game to PC is not low.

B) The cost to upgrade the graphics and other features is not low.

C) The potential profit for a port is not high.

D) Microsoft needs to keep Halo as an Xbox-exclusive. Keeping Halo off of the PC means people have to buy the console.

> There are reasons this won’t happen:
>
> A) The cost to port the game to PC is not low.
>
> B) The cost to upgrade the graphics and other features is not low.
>
> C) The potential profit for a port is not high.
>
> D) Microsoft needs to keep Halo as an Xbox-exclusive. Keeping Halo off of the PC means people have to buy the console.

A & B: We never said it wouldn’t require any work.

C: If that is the case, why did they even consider the idea of H2V?

D. There will still be sales of the 360 version, We aren’t replacing the 360 sales. And besides, Microsoft still has a ton of money from their Halo 3 sales (Which also never made it to PC.)

> There are reasons this won’t happen:
>
> A) The cost to port the game to PC is not low.
>
> B) The cost to upgrade the graphics and other features is not low.
>
> C) The potential profit for a port is not high.
>
> D) Microsoft needs to keep Halo as an Xbox-exclusive. Keeping Halo off of the PC means people have to buy the console.

A) big deal, what costs more? the Console version or the PC?
B) Well, it doesn’t look like the Xbox 360 has anisotropic filtering on 16, or any antialising, or the mip-map quality on high.
The bounding radius of objects is low too (fade away at distance)

C) well, If Halo 1 PC was successful because of Custom Edition, do you think the same for Halo 3+ODST/Reach ?

D) Microsoft needs a console better than Xbox 360 to handle games better, and that isn’t going to change at all, so give it all you have for PC.

Otherwise there is no point in Direct3D (11), Games For Windows-Live (which is no competition against Steam)

You’re too demanding. The halo series is tremendously successful on xbox alone and microsoft doesn’t owe PC gamers anything. Personally, I would be ecstatic to see reach on PC even in its present form. While your listed features would be incredible for the game, for microsoft to consider a port worthwhile would require low production values in order to turn a profit, not to mention compensation for money lost from potential xbox live subscribers.

Having said that, I really cant emphasise enough how much I would love reach on PC. Even having bought the game for my 360 already, I would gladly buy it a second time for mouse support and a custom game browser. I truly wish microsoft would hurry up and comment on the possibility of a PC port; whether they deny it or confirm it would very much put my mind at ease.

> I hope there can be a better Halo for PC, because so far the Halo IP on PC is dead.

Well, Halo is just an Xbox only thing now. Halo PC was well-received because of it’s new content, which included online-play capabilities. Not to mention Custom Edition. The key thing though, was online-play. The Xbox has since introduced online-play since Halo’s early days. There’s little reason to port Halo games to the PC now, besides smoother graphics.

And like Roland said, I’m sure it’s more of a profit-loss than a profit-gain. I’m sure 343 Industries and Bungie will be happy to cater to the fans’ needs, just as long as it’s not costing them more money than it earns them. Despite their casual appearances, they are still businesses.

With the statement that just came out about the frequency of halo games I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw some PC only games just not ports of existing games.

Major programming of the game is already done by Bungie.

Porting work will be done by the team/company which Microsoft chooses to hire.

If Halo 3+ODST/Reach were to be ported to PC they will need:

To add support for GFWL.

Support Mouse+Keyboard, Wired and Wireless Xbox 360 controller.

Halo Reach Editing Kit, to make custom campaign/Firefight and multiplayer maps, support all gametypes.
Halomaps.org will be the content distributor for .map files.

4> Co-op/Firefight, 16> Multiplayer for dedicated servers.

Game Browser, for public custom games and dedicated servers.

Matchmaking support, Flair setting support, Fileshare support.

Same game, same achievements, no one gets doubles, lol. xD

(shame cross-platform is not possible)

As for graphical settings, we should have default graphics set as 360’s settings.
PC will be able to set 16x anisotropic filtering, 2x 4x 8x anti-aliasing, bounding radius of objects higher, mip-map on high, etc.

Look at the many gametypes and modes Halo: Reach has, and you tell me how it won’t sell more than Halo 1 PC.
Halo Reach for PC petition
Gearbox’s joke topic, where a GBX employee talks about Halo Reach PC

Take a look at this.

> Console ports will remain a part of the PC strategy for Microsoft

> We don’t want to just do console ports. We want to do something the PC users are going to like in genres they are going to like.

> I think the one piece that was missing was a big significant commitment from Microsoft Game Studios to push the service the same way Halo pushed the service on the console…that’s been the missing element and that’s what we’re doing now.

So, expect more Halo games for PC.

Microsoft Doubling Down on PC Gaming

Microsoft already has alot of game studios under it’s control, even those they closed down, they redistributed people around Microsoft Game Studios.

If this means, I will get better games than I do on Xbox 360, I am all for it, bring it.

> Major programming of the game is already done by Bungie.
>
> Porting work will be done by the team/company which Microsoft chooses to hire.
>
> If Halo 3+ODST/Reach were to be ported to PC they will need:
>
> To add support for GFWL.
>
> Support Mouse+Keyboard, Wired and Wireless Xbox 360 controller.
>
> Halo Reach Editing Kit, to make custom campaign/Firefight and multiplayer maps, support all gametypes.
> Halomaps.org will be the content distributor for .map files.
>
> 4> Co-op/Firefight, 16> Multiplayer for dedicated servers.
>
> Game Browser, for public custom games and dedicated servers.
>
> Matchmaking support, Flair setting support, Fileshare support.
>
> Same game, same achievements, no one gets doubles, lol. xD
>
> (shame cross-platform is not possible)
>
> As for graphical settings, we should have default graphics set as 360’s settings.
> PC will be able to set 16x anisotropic filtering, 2x 4x 8x anti-aliasing, bounding radius of objects higher, mip-map on high, etc.
>
>
> Look at the many gametypes and modes Halo: Reach has, and you tell me how it won’t sell more than Halo 1 PC.
> Halo Reach for PC petition
> Gearbox’s joke topic, where a GBX employee talks about Halo Reach PC

Ah What the Hell,I’ll list the Max Graphics Settings…again:

-16xAA/16xAF
-All Textures are a MUCH,MUCH Higher Resolution (Including Weapon Model Textures and Character Model Textures)
-Improved Models (Where Needed)
-Native 1200p or Higher (Yep,The PC can go Higher than Native 1080p Folks)
-Improved/ More Effects
-60FPS (Not a Graphical Setting but…meh)

I activated my account on here just to support this! I do buy the halo games for 360 but my heart lies with my keyboard and mouse along with the pc gaming community.

> I activated my account on here just to support this! I do buy the halo games for 360 but my heart lies with my keyboard and mouse along with the pc gaming community.

I am like that too. :smiley:

Microsoft wants to lead PC revolution

They have planned more than 3 games so it seems. :smiley:

> We’ve spoken of the first three, Fable III, Age of Empires Online and Microsoft Flight. However we are not going to stop there

I hope Halo 3+ODST or Reach is it.

Personally I wouldn’t want to see a port of this game to PC. Now wait before you start bashing me and let me explain…

Ports of games originally developed for consoles have historically both alienated PC players, because of the lack of familiar controls, and made so few sales that the whole line ends up being discontinued because it’s viewed as a whole, not a part of the sales figures. Rather than face negative publicity from a failed port, they (being Microsoft) will opt not to make the PC version altogether.

With todays programming IDE’s and development guidelines that I’m sure Microsoft programmers follow… at least on paper… “porting” code over to make it compile to run on a Windows platform shouldn’t bee too hard. It’ll take debuging time and end user beta testing, but should be doable if the numbers forcast good revenue.

What I would like to see is a tandem code PC and console version made of this game. Meaning, have the colsole programmers and the GFW programmers work side by side to put out the same game, with the controls and feel that are intrinsic to each platform.

It is sad however to see Microsoft, the makers of Windows and with their operating system installed on a LOT of computers, turn away from this portion of the market when making something that not only will run on their consoles, but also their operating system.

If someone really wanted to play Halo Reach, then they will either buy the console and game, or buy a computer with Windows on it. Complaining it’s not available for the Mac or Linux would be a moot point as most users of those operating systems are smart enough to understand why it’s not available for their choice of operating system.

But c’mon, put your software/games on “your” platforms, be it the Xbox console or the Windows operating system. It makes sense to cover all your points of retail, even if initial costs are high and revenue is slow to come in from some sectors. What you are getting is a “fan base” that will see your brand as something worth investing in and not something that picks and chooses what to offer with the expectation that we’ll be good little doggies and sit up and beg for whatever scraps we’re handed.

Like with anything else, if you give us what we “think” we want, while you get what you need, then the world will keep turning.

Welcome to politics my friends… have mercy on our souls and pass the hand grenades.