halo: reach missing playlist 343 One of head guys left guy...

What ever happen to the playlist of Generator Defense Online?! I’m definitely one of those players who had spent a lot of time match making in the playlist, in the beta…

About the 343… One of them had left, because his vision was not improved by Microsoft, so he left 343… I think this was the guy called… The Director something, or something Director…

I hope they bring Generator Defense back. I never got to play the Beta, so I never got the chance to play it.

It sounds insanely fun though!

Generator Defense was never implemented as its own playlist in the final game. It was implemented as a Firefight gametype, but Bungie accidentally ruined it after the Beta: they added AI enemies that couldn’t be removed (even in Custom Firefight settings), and locked it down to four players (2v2 in Customs, but 4 cooperating in MM).

Because Firefight doesn’t use Megalo, it is literally impossible for 343i to ever bring back Beta Generator Defense as it existed in Matchmaking. A decent recreation could be done with Megalo in Multiplayer (though we wouldn’t have actual generators – it’d have to be an undriveable Warthog or something), but 343i doesn’t appear to have any plans to utilize it (and we don’t know if the script would be small enough to work).