Halo Reach military ranks

I was stuck as a Commander in Halo 3. Tried to get to Colonel but ended up as a Strike Commander (or Commander grade 4). Just about to get to Colonel in Reach and I know its not worth as much as a Halo 3 Colonel but do have a sense of satisfaction that I will get that promotion after all this time. Anyone else have any rank in particular they have as a goal to achieve?

I honestly never cared much for Reach’s ranks since they didn’t mean a thing other than play time. The satisfaction I got in halo 3 earning 5 Star General exceeds all the Halo reach ranks combined x10.

If the ranks in reach even closely resembled skill I’d care but they don’t. I see more inheritors who do terrible than I do private grade 1’s in reach lol

i love reach’s ranking system. i did feel very good when i was promoted in 3 but i hated how you had to win every time and get skill. im a decent player but not crazy good. i have 37 skill in 3 (not bragging) and i go up against insane people. thats why i play social slayer now. i like reach’s because it shows how much time you spent.

I liked the Reach titles, just not the actual system. I made it to Field Marshall.

When I got to Inheritor the first time, I was happy as it showed dedication to the game. After getting a second account to Inheritor it just got boring and meaningless.

I dont understand how you reach inheritor twice. that is a LOT of time spent playing. i have like a month game time and im only an eclipse

I’m at Eclipse. I would like to see Nova. According to HaloTracker, I need a little over half a million credits…

…I’ll probably never see Nova.

> I dont understand how you reach inheritor twice. that is a LOT of time spent playing. i have like a month game time and im only an eclipse

Getting to Inheritor isn’t hard. The game has been out 3 years. It only takes 100 days of hitting the credit cap to get to Inheritor (100 days X 200K daily cap = 20 million credits).Probably could have gotten a third but I stopped playing when Halo 4 came out.

> > I dont understand how you reach inheritor twice. that is a LOT of time spent playing. i have like a month game time and im only an eclipse
>
> Getting to Inheritor isn’t hard. The game has been out 3 years. It only takes 100 days of hitting the credit cap to get to Inheritor (100 days X 200K daily cap = 20 million credits).Probably could have gotten a third but I stopped playing when Halo 4 came out.

You were either playing A LOT or gaming the heck out of those customizable challenges.