Halo REACH - Major Problems with the HUD

HALO REACH
I bought a brand new copy of Halo Reach at my local supermarket £32.99 -
With all the hype I was excited and eager to play the game.
I played the first few levels, then stopped for a short break. Then I loaded the game onto my hard drive, FATAL mistake for when I tried to play the game I had no HUD visible. Both Halo ODST and REACH had the same problem NO VISIBLE HUD making game play impossible. I phoned Xbox customer support and they suggested GO TO recover my Gamer Tag which would reload my system.
NO LUCK here - I deleted it from my Hard Drive then later on that day the game performed as it should, I played for 2 or 3 hours then stopped for a break (food time)
I launched the game again only to find the same problem NO visible HUD - making game play impossible.

If their is a God of XBox then get BUNGIE to sort out the problem please. ASP
I own a new XBox 360 Elite and have many other new games Bad Company 2 - RSV 2 - Mass Effect 2 - SECTION 8 - to name a few and none of these games have any problems and work very well.
SO PLEASE SORT THESE ISSUES OUT BECAUSE The game is brilliant if you could sort this major problem out.

make sure when you start up that there are no sculls on. I know there is a scull that does that. I installed my game and no problems what so ever and i have been playing for over 15 hours.

Im not sure what you mean by sculls? I am apparently having the same issue, and my son cannot enjoy this game now due to it.

Huh. Well, now that’s just strange. Don’t know what to tell ya, sorry.

before you start a campaign game look in the menu where you can select a different level on the campaign. there is a liknk that says skulls, click on it. then make sure that all the skulls are off. that is the only problem i can even think of.

If it’s not the Blind skull then my only guess on this (and it is a guess) is that your TV settings may not be matching your xbox settings? For example: If your picture format is 4:3 and your playing in 16:9 then you may lose the top and bottom of the viewable screen, thus losing the HUD.

That’s a complete stab in the dark though, just trying to think outside the box to help you out, so please don’t stomp on me if I’m completely wrong.

Hi SFGR RANGER, the first thing I would suggest doing is following this Microsoft Support Knowledge Base article to make sure your display settings on your 360 match your TV for Normal or Widescreen screen format like Jussy117 suggested. Once you have done this test the game to see if the HUD is now visible.

HALO REACH the Conclusion.
OK I phoned Xbox customer support and the first person could not put the finger on the problem. Neither the second person I spoke with could not help. But finally 4 days letter Xbox customer support called me, the rep knew what he was talking about. Took me into my hard drive and we discovered a corrupted file, which was deleted. Then we re - formated my consuls hard drive, and as if by magic I could at last play the full game. The HUD now works to perfection.
THANK YOU XBox customer services for eventually help me sort my problem out.

> HALO REACH the Conclusion. OK I phoned Xbox customer support and the first person could not put the finger on the problem. Neither the second person I spoke with could not help. But finally 4 days letter Xbox customer support called me, the rep knew what he was talking about. Took me into my hard drive and we discovered a corrupted file, which was deleted. Then we re - formated my consuls hard drive, and as if by magic I could at last play the full game. The HUD now works to perfection. THANK YOU XBox customer services for eventually help me sort my problem out.

Glad to hear it all worked out well for you!