Halo Reach Grifball - Betrayal

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members. Do not make non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Dear 343 - Halo Reach is a ton of fun and it is one of the last Halo games Bungie had any control over. When in a Bungie controlled game, if you were of low conduct - betraying your team mates - there were consequences. 343, on the other hand, you don’t seem to give a rip. In my example, 1030am pacific time, Monday morning, I was enjoying a nice game of Grifball. My Kill ratio was -53… Betrayed by my own team mate “Redacted” of which I have no recourse. Bungie, would have banned this person for 2 weeks if not perma-bann. 343, nothing happens. Who are you people? Is there no sense of fair play in your office? You have ruined Halo 4 and 5 and now 6 is going to be an absolute train wreck and you can’t even stomach fair play in the games you were given. Grow up! You may as well sell your -Yoinks!- to EA.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274825547957;1:
>

“Grow up!” says the man baby who wants a guy to be banned from a game that’s no longer supported or updated cause he betrayed you once (Unless he betrayed you more then that then i guess i understand, but whining about it on the forums won’t do anything). If you’re so butthurt, just report this guy to Microsoft, chances are that he will get banned.

> 2533274825547957;1:
>

Let’s try a more constructive answer to your initial post.
Yes, I have proven throughout many threads, past posts of 343i (Some no longer with 343i) Teammembers (Click Meh!) (Click Meh!)(Click Meh!), research (Click Meh!), discussions with an Xbox LIVE Ambassador(Click Meh!), as well as Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct and Terms of Use that people performing ‘Peace Games’ in Grifball Matchmaking, Spawncampkilling in Grifball Matchmaking, and griefing a game are all all against Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct and Terms of Use.

‘Peace Games’ and Spawncampkilling to boost cR, Commedations and Statpad (Boost Kill to Death Ratio) violate Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct as it is exploiting a game mechanic in a way not intended by the developer for personal ingain at a rate that is faster than/not possible with legitimate gameplay as intended by the developer. Griefing games as your game was griefed by an Unsporting Teammate is degrading of the quality of service you pay for with your Xbox LIVE Subscription, which is also against CoC.

The problem of why these issues apparently are not fixed is because despite Bonnie Ross stating on Twitter that 343 Industries supports classic and new Halo, apparently Halo: Reach is no longer actively supported beyond routine server maintenance. Due to this, cheaters and griefers run rampant in Grifball Matchmaking and prevent people who want to play the gametype as intended from doing so, which is why filing a Report against the players who cheat and grief seems to be the only answer at this point. From there, the reported account is flagged get flagged and the Xbox LIVE Enforcement Team may or may not choose to console ban, so the resolution is left in their hands. I can relate with you in stating that this is indeed frustrating.

So, 343 Industries does not usually issue manual bans due to the game no longer being actively supported and you have to rely on the Report feature, a feature that is part of what you pay for with your Xbox LIVE Subscription. Don’t be afraid to use that. Now, it is against the Waypoint Forum rules to call out other individuals, so you might want to remove that LIVE user’s name from your post.

Hope this helps and have a nice day now.