Halo: Reach Gamestop Event

What are they showing at this? T-Squared from the MLG is hosting something, right? Will they be showing a new multiplayer map or is it Firefight?

According to this page: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/haloafter/

> GameStop has partnered with Microsoft and Tom “Tsquared” Taylor, professional gamer and team captain of Major League Gaming’s Str8 Rippin, to provide Halo: Reach tips and tricks, exclusive in-game footage that has never been seen before, the new Firefight mode and tons of other great information that can only be seen at select GameStop locations during the Halo: Reach Afterhours Event. Customers at the event will have the chance to participate in a text-to-win sweepstakes for the chance to win a life-size Halo statue, view exclusive Halo: Reach footage and great product offers.

my understanding is firefight. Im def going to my local gamestop tommorow for the event.

I was under the impression that it’s just some new footage, no playable demos or anything :frowning:

They are showing Firefight footage and Invasion footage, most likely the same levels featured in the last media showings. And some MLG dudes giving out “tips”. And a raffle to win a Legendary Edition on launch day.

> What are they showing at this? T-Squared from the MLG is hosting something, right? Will they be showing a new multiplayer map or is it Firefight?

There will be some exclusive in-game footage and a look at Reach’s Firefight with tips from Tsquared. The details and participating stores can be found here…

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/haloafter/

The whole shindig takes place tomorrow night (8/6) from 9-10:30PM.

-Jon

There’s one near me, but I think I’ll avoid it. It’s almost certain to be full of undesirables.

Unfortunately, the closest Gamestop to me that’s having the event is a decent amount of distance away from me.

I will not be attending. I hope Waypoint gets the video up though! That’d be amazing!

> I was under the impression that it’s just some new footage, no playable demos or anything :frowning:

Reach won’t be playable at the stores, but there will be new footage along with Tsquared’s tips, which will provide new insight.

-Jon

> There’s one near me, but I think I’ll avoid it. It’s almost certain to be full of undesirables.

All the more reason to show up… You can class up the joint. : )

-Jon

It’d be nice to know more. If it’s just a short thing like with the Halo 3 T2 clips then forget it. It’s a decent drive away to the nearest one, not sure if it’s worth it. New maps, like what is going to be shown? Seriously, the information drop here is terrible and GameStop’s description doesn’t make any sense.

There’s a Gamestop like 10 mins from me, so I might actually go to this. It’s worth a shot.

Here’s a link to where someone will be posting some videos of the Gamestop event for us to watch.
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=47196163

I’m actually going to take your advice, only because I want a shot at some SWAG and that giant statue.

> > There’s one near me, but I think I’ll avoid it. It’s almost certain to be full of undesirables.
>
> All the more reason to show up… You can class up the joint. : )
>
> -Jon

Yeah, I’m actually going to go now simply to get a shot at that giant statue.

I’m going to go…if anything to class up the joint. Just kidding. The one I’m going to is probably going to be the classiest.

Though the one I’m going to is in Bellevue, Wa where the real party is at. I was thinking of having a fan meetup before the event though at a nearby restaurant or something.

The GameStop event in Bellevue was fun. Great turn out. Everyone seemed to have fun and they gave out quite a few prizes.

-Jon

Did anyone took pictures? :slight_smile:

> Did anyone took pictures? :slight_smile:

We shot some footage and will try to get some photos and/or video up on the Web tomorrow.

-Jon

> The GameStop event in Bellevue was fun. Great turn out. Everyone seemed to have fun and they gave out quite a few prizes.
>
> -Jon

Lucky you.

My gamestop played a loop of an insanely lame video with T2’d(or whatever) and the same RvB video 4 times. There was no new information, and my gamestop didn’t give out ANY prizes.

It was a waste of 30 minutes, I was really disappointed. =/