Halo reach framerate

Hello! Recently I have been having serious frame rate issues in reach, the game slows down and stutters a lot in certain areas. I was just wondering if this is just how reach is, or if there is a problem I have to fix.

It is most likely a problem on your end.

Disclaimer: I am by no means an expert on frame rate issues, but since nobody has responded I figured I’d weigh in.

I played Reach a few days ago and didn’t experience many issues with respect to frame rate. Maybe it is your connection???

Are you wired (Ethernet) or wireless? Sometimes wireless connections can go in or out. Make sure your adapter and your router is connected and working properly. If you have poor WiFi, consider getting a wired connection. Wired connections tend to be better because the connection is coming from a single, direct source.

If that isn’t your problem, try going on Xbox when there is less network traffic (ie. your brother is on his Xbox or your parents are on their laptops).

I also just read this online from an article too:

"FPS should not be affected by your connection speed, but slow connection speeds may produce an effect similar to low FPS.
That said, it wouldn’t affect the actual FPS values."

That being said, I may have no idea what I’m talking about. Maybe you are experiencing something other than frame rate issues? Hope this helps, somewhat lol. Take care.

What are you playing when you get the FR issues. If it is Bonus rounds in Firefight then that is a known problem that has been around since day one. Just to many enemy AIs on screen for the engine to cope with. Same things goes for the final level on POA Autumn.( holdout as a firefight map). Too many AIs and things happening in the game at one time.

These are the only two real framerate issues I have seen or heard of on the game. if this is happening in MM then it is probably just lag.

All of these issues are happening in the campaign, that’s why I think they are frame rate issues and not just lag.
specifically the game stutters when saving (though I’m sure that’s supposed to happen) it stutters when looking at certain buildings and the exodus level is almost unplayable.

Does the campaign need a reliable internet connection to run well?

> 2533274997115847;4:
> All of these issues are happening in the campaign, that’s why I think they are frame rate issues and not just lag.
> specifically the game stutters when saving (though I’m sure that’s supposed to happen) it stutters when looking at certain buildings and the exodus level is almost unplayable.
>
> Does the campaign need a reliable internet connection to run well?

Only if you are playing with other people. And if you are playing on XBL it can get very laggy but it doesnt usually look like a frame rate issue. I still play reach on a 360 B model xbox and I have had friends with Slim 360 Consoles get less FR issues than with the old consoles. Personally I have had not FR issue ever on Exodus. Is it the whole level that gets affected or just when you have a lot of enemy AIs to deal with.

Some folks have also suggested that if your console is getting to hot w you will have problems with FR due to the processor being slowed down from the over heating. ( its for protection of the GPU)

Other than that I aint got nothing else to offer mate.

The worst of it is when there are a few ais to deal with and since nothing I do seems to help, I guess this is just how the game is, bummer.

Ok, so I messed around with my tv settings and (somehow) the game is playable once more! (Yay). However, frequent and noticable frame rate drops are still present.