Halo Reach File Share Is Back!

A URL posted by bsAngel’s Twitter account

I’m sure many of you will be very happy to see file sharing return. I don’t know any other details apart from this link so far.

Words can’t describe how happy I am right now.
Hold on, I have to run outside to scream.

I do have one quick question about it:

> Films may no longer be rendered. Films were last rendered on March 30 2012

What’s the point of having a rendered film section if you can’t use it?

I still wish you could download films to your computer instead of in-game…

So, does that mean I can upload gametypes and maps for the community to try out and get feedback on?

> So, does that mean I can upload gametypes and maps for the community to try out and get feedback on?

Yep, you could do that with the in-game file share but now it’s easier to do!

I’m really not too sure about specific details as yet. I’m writing a private message to bsAngel in the hope of better fact finding.

More as things are confirmed.

OP thank you. This just made my day.

Woot. It’s back.

My friends, we are coming out of the dark ages of Halo. Alas it is a slow process, but a sure one at that! Rejoice, brethren.

This is Awesome! Thanks 343!

yes the file share is back and everybody is very happy im very happy because now some of you guys can check my screenshots and some of my maps out

> I do have one quick question about it:
>
>
>
> > Films may no longer be rendered. Films were last rendered on March 30 2012
>
> What’s the point of having a rendered film section if you can’t use it?

I was wondering the same thing. I was super excited about this news until I found out that you can’t watch your films on the computer. I hope they add this soon.

Back and better than ever!

Why can’t we search for the name of a gametype or a map, that would be the simplest way to share things.

I was excited until i learnt you couldn’t render films anymore. That’s lame.

I was so happy until the rendering videos part…343, wat the hell is wrong with you. I want to render my videos.

> I was so happy until the rendering videos part…343, wat the hell is wrong with you. I want to render my videos.

Calm down, the Video Rendering was a Bungie.net feature, it wasn’t required to hand over to 343i.

They don’t have enough time to develop the feature alongside all the Halo 4 stats and managing the Reach stats and Halo: Reach File Share.

> > I was so happy until the rendering videos part…343, wat the hell is wrong with you. I want to render my videos.
>
> Calm down, the Video Rendering was a Bungie.net feature, it wasn’t required to hand over to 343i.
>
> They don’t have enough time to develop the feature alongside all the Halo 4 stats and managing the Reach stats and Halo: Reach File Share.

oh, man…that, ugh, that just stinks, oh well. Guess i gotta do it the old fashion way.

It’s a step in the right direction but it still has room for improvement. Hopefully they will add support for Halo 3 as well.

I’m just glad file share is back since I’ve only been playing for a year and a half and missed out on a lot. I can wait on the possibility of rendering returning at a later date.