Halo reach destruction mechanic?

I don’t know if this has already been talked about, but I was curious about how this map works. If anyone knows for sure, I would like to know as i’m attempting a map myself somewhat similar to it.
My theory is that he had simply changing the tier for each piece? Even if that’s true, i’m not sure on how exactly you would place them, to make them appear, then disappear. If I ever figure it out, i’ll post it with an update to this post.
Oh, I also won’t be able to reply for an hour or two, so bump if needed. In an appropriate manner, of course.

The way I made this is using a series of spawn sequences covered by bomb explosions that are triggered when the bomb is detonated (When the Phase ends).

Anyways, here is how you do it. You can spawn an item in, and make an item despawn. But you can’t do both with one object. So, using the phase labels INV GATES to despawn, and INV WEAPON / INV VEHICLE (With appropriate Spawn Sequences) to spawn in on items means they can spawn within one second of the phase starting, and despawning RIGHT when the phase ends.

By using these object labels, you can make rubble appear at a certain time and the structure you want to turn to rubble disappear. All of this can occur within a one second transition minimum. Then bomb explosion serves to cover the switch and distract you from the changing pieces, but on the surface it appears to have caused damage.

However, it’s extremely limited in the sense that it’s really impractical for anything large (The second phase explosion in my map cost almost 2,000 budget to make, and it was nearly the biggest one I could do. Perhaps a few more vehicles could have been put, but that’s it.). Also, while I’ve never tried this, you could theoretically make rubble fly around by spawning it with it’s physics on “NORMAL” and using man cannons to launch them. I can’t say if that how badly that’ll hurt framerate though,

Step 1: Place object or wall that is to be blown up normally, so that it looks normal and not destroyed.
Step 2: Set object to the gametype label INV_GATES and set the spawn sequence to the last phase you want them to be normal. For example, if the door is blown up in phase 1, then you set the Spawn Sequence of the door to 1.
Step 3: Place object or wall as if it has been destroyed or blown in
Step 4: Set object to gametype label INV_WEAPON and set the spawn sequence to the phase you want it to spawn in. For example, if the door you made in steps 1 and 2 are now destroyed and is what you are creating now, then the new, blown up, destroyed door’s spawn sequence is set to 2.

Effect: Once an objective has been completed, the original door or object is deleted while the new door or object has just spawned in. Masked by the explosion created by a bomb, it appears as if the doors have actually been blown in.

this gave me a great idea for for a labryth puzzle game…wanna do a joint project?

> wanna do a joint?

NO! Lol, but that’s a good idea, get to the end of a maze and then it reconfigures itself. It’ll be tricky, good luck with it!

lol i was refering to zipzapzop, but thanks for the amusingly jesture of dismay at the thought of a collab lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes man, we need to do a co-op project at some point.

I can just imagine this map with 256 Fusion Coils… WE NEED ZED!

sweet, me personally i love the idea of maybe a jumping platform puzzle solver using the mechanics of this, it would have to be invasion on 1 team though…or somehow set fusion coils to do the same with another gametype?

ahem Thank you all. I’ll try to post it (when finished) either on this, or on the most popular “share your map” Thread at the time. I appreciate your time.

> Also, while I’ve never tried this, you could theoretically make rubble fly around by spawning it with it’s physics on “NORMAL” and using man cannons to launch them.

If the rubble objects aren’t movables, then it won’t work.

> > Also, while I’ve never tried this, you could theoretically make rubble fly around by spawning it with it’s physics on “NORMAL” and using man cannons to launch them.
>
> If the rubble objects aren’t movables, then it won’t work.

It is possible to launch ANY forge piece, even a grid with a man cannon, if the physics are on Normal.