Halo Reach Credit Glitch

<mark>Do not discuss modding or hacking on Xbox or promote cheating or griefing.</mark>

So I thought I should share this with the community sense half of you guys wouldn’t know about so here it goes. If you wanna do a glitch to get some really easy credits here’s a way I found. All you need is an ethernet cable and a connection to xbox live. So what you do is you wait for a challenge like shootin and lootin or a challenge where you have to get a certain amount of kills on any game mode on reach. So in this example its going to be a challenge where you have to kill 100. so you keep doing the challenge until you have 99 kills. After you get 99 kills you leave the game and start a new game(preferably firefight) Then you kill one enemy. You should complete the challenge by killing the first enemy. After you do that pause the game and unplug your ethernet cable and you should get disconnected from xbox live but you still have the credits earned from completing the challenge. Now you plug it back in and connect back to xbox live and you should have the challenge uncompleted and have 99 kills. now you kill that one enemy and get the challenge and the credits and stack it up. Now just repeat the process. But word of warning before you go and try this. Keep in mind that there is a credit cap of 200,000 credits and you hit that cap your profile will send out a red flag and your account will get banned so do it until you get like 190,000 and wait for 24 hours or until 12:00 A.M. until the credit cap resets.

What you have so perfectly described here is called network manipulation and is against Xbox Live’s Terms of Service agreement and is grounds for getting your Halo Reach profile, your gamertag and your console all banned from Xbox Live permanently. Waiting until you get near the credit cap means nothing, if you get detected you WILL lose your console’s online privileges, no questions asked.

What makes this even worse is that you have just admitted that you do this on a Microsoft affiliated forum/website. I seriously hope your ban is swift and painful.

Who said that I did it?

> 2533274921976355;3:
> Who said that I did it?

How would you know to advise the stopping process of this manipulation? “… I found”.

Discussions pertaining to this topic and others like it is prohibited and frowned upon, I don’t know what you should do now if you did just admit to this.

> 2533274859890948;2:
> What you have so perfectly described here is called network manipulation and is against Xbox Live’s Terms of Service agreement and is grounds for getting your Halo Reach profile, your gamertag and your console all banned from Xbox Live permanently. Waiting until you get near the credit cap means nothing, if you get detected you WILL lose your console’s online privileges, no questions asked.
>
> What makes this even worse is that you have just admitted that you do this on a Microsoft affiliated forum/website. I seriously hope your ban is swift and painful.

He also does risk a rank and cR reset, though it be upto the automated banhammer if he would be caught by it. He might just lose the cR he boosted, or he might be reset to recruit with 0 cR. I’ve heard of instances of both happening to boosters, so it depends on the hammer.

Though he did just talk about it, and he sounds rather knowledgeable about it, I think he pretty much admitted to doing this, and might recieve a manual ban from Microsoft. Can’t say for sure though, it depends how much the moderation team cares here on Halo Waypoint.

200,000 odd players had a rank reset back in 2011 when they updated the banhammer from doing this glitch Johnny. Nice troll attempt at getting newbies rank reset.

Kiddies do not pay attention to Johnny’s instructions as you will be rank reset if you get caught and you will get caught

> 2533274794749101;6:
> 200,000 odd players had a rank reset back in 2011 when they updated the banhammer from doing this glitch Johnny. Nice troll attempt at getting newbies rank reset.
>
> Kiddies do not pay attention to Johnny’s instructions as you will be rank reset if you get caught and you will get caught

So, the instances I heard of were indeed true then.

Waypointers generally speaking, do not pay attention to Johnny’s instructions, unless you want to either have a rank reset to 0 cR and Recruit, a ban from Halo: Reach, or worse, a console or account ban. They are all potential consequences of network manipulation. Halo: Reach is a game for a reason and it is meant to be played properly, not manipulated for rank, armor, tag, or nameplate gain. In simplest terms, Reach is a game, not a showpiece. Play the game and play it properly. Can I ask a moderator or admin to lock this thread please?

> 2533274898831741;7:
> > 2533274794749101;6:
> > 200,000 odd players had a rank reset back in 2011 when they updated the banhammer from doing this glitch Johnny. Nice troll attempt at getting newbies rank reset.
> >
> > Kiddies do not pay attention to Johnny’s instructions as you will be rank reset if you get caught and you will get caught
>
>
> So, the instances I heard of were indeed true then.
>
> Waypointers generally speaking, do not pay attention to Johnny’s instructions, unless you want to either have a rank reset to 0 cR and Recruit, a ban from Halo: Reach, or worse, a console or account ban. They are all potential consequences of network manipulation. Halo: Reach is a game for a reason and it is meant to be played properly, not manipulated for rank, armor, tag, or nameplate gain. In simplest terms, Reach is a game, not a showpiece. Play the game and play it properly. Can I ask a moderator or admin to lock this thread please?

I agree. If you are a true halo fan and want to play the game to the fullest of what bungie and now 343 industries intended then don’t look for glitches or mods for cr and rank. Just play the game correctly and everyone can have fun on the game.