Halo: Reach challenges are a fantastic idea.

Something brilliant from Halo Reach was left out of the recent Halo games, these being the daily, weekly and monthly challenges.

These were possibly one of the best aspects of the multiplayer experience, and gave you something to chase other than a high ranking. It made every bit of gameplay exciting and rewarding, where as I simply don’t get that with Halo 5, even with some of the req pack ideas (half of which are completely useless anyway!).

Bring in some challenges, multiplayer, firefight (to come) or campaign, and bring back some of that magic.

> 2533274808117396;1:
> Something brilliant from Halo Reach was left out of the recent Halo games, these being the daily, weekly and monthly challenges.
>
> These were possibly one of the best aspects of the multiplayer experience, and gave you something to chase other than a high ranking. It made every bit of gameplay exciting and rewarding, where as I simply don’t get that with Halo 5, even with some of the req pack ideas (half of which are completely useless anyway!).
>
> Bring in some challenges, multiplayer, firefight (to come) or campaign, and bring back some of that magic.

That’s be awesome. Like: “Complete Blue Team on Legendary solo” - 5000 rp/xp OR “Get X of AI kills in warzone” - 1250 rp/xp

They were fun but would they not add to the already farm based REQs?

would mind goal for each week

Feeling incredibly old saying this, but remember when there weren’t any challenges and people just played the game to play the game (and try and win matches)? It’s a shame that so many aspects of games have been trending toward incentivization and catering to the immediate gratification of people.

I’d love to see this implemented later on down the road. After they add more maps/gametypes of course :slight_smile:

I utterly agree. Where are those challenges.

> 2533274808117396;1:
> Something brilliant from Halo Reach was left out of the recent Halo games, these being the daily, weekly and monthly challenges.
>
> These were possibly one of the best aspects of the multiplayer experience, and gave you something to chase other than a high ranking. It made every bit of gameplay exciting and rewarding, where as I simply don’t get that with Halo 5, even with some of the req pack ideas (half of which are completely useless anyway!).
>
> Bring in some challenges, multiplayer, firefight (to come) or campaign, and bring back some of that magic.

I like the idea. Every once in a while I go back to play a campaign mission, but without a “new” reason to play it, it’s not that fun anymore because there is nothing to show for it at the end. Having a challenge or a new achievement for RP’s or XP’s would be fantastic. 343 should not forget us casual players that do not want the stress of playing MM games all the time.

One of our awesome community members put this together: https://www.halochallenge.com/
Really well done with leaderboards and stuff. You won’t get any RP from it, but it is something to work towards at least and will help you grind out your commendations. Video on the home page is worth checking out for an overview :slight_smile: