Halo Reach canon.

Ok, last night me and a friend got into a heated debate about whether Halo Reach is canon or not. I was saying it was canon and he was saying it wasn’t. We went all into the Fall of Reach book, and I was referencing the Halsey Journal, and even that Halo Reach is supposed to be told through security footage from what they gathered.
Also my friend said that 343i stated that Reach wasn’t canon. Is there proof of this?
Is Reach canon? What are the inconsistencies between Reach and the other Halo lore/canon? Does it fit?
I believe it does fit.

I think this might be quite interesting. In terms of canon, most people say (including some on B.net) say the games are prime canon, and all other things extra, so I guess you could theoretically put the novels, Halo Legends etc into that group.

in my opinion bungie games are canon. They have priority .

It is interesting. But I personally think it’s cannon. I can see why someone would thinks it’s not since The Fall of Reach book was made after Halo CE, and trying to follow the book that was made years ago and make your own story for a game in the series would be kinda tricky.

It is canon. Games take canon priority over books.

> Ok, last night me and a friend got into a heated debate about whether Halo Reach is canon or not. I was saying it was canon and he was saying it wasn’t. We went all into the Fall of Reach book, and I was referencing the Halsey Journal, and even that Halo Reach is supposed to be told through security footage from what they gathered.
> Also my friend said that 343i stated that Reach wasn’t canon. Is there proof of this?
> Is Reach canon? What are the inconsistencies between Reach and the other Halo lore/canon? Does it fit?
> I believe it does fit.

Straight from Wikipedia

Straight from Bungie Universe

Read it and enjoy it.

> It is interesting. But I personally think it’s cannon. I can see why someone would thinks it’s not since The Fall of Reach book was made after Halo CE, and trying to follow the book that was made years ago and make your own story for a game in the series would be kinda tricky.

Halo: The Fall of Reach was the very first piece of Halo media ever released - it came out weeks before Halo: Combat Evolved.

On an hourly basis, fall of reach and halo reach do not add up, but they can be combined into a convoluted yet possible story.

Cortana was split in two by Halsey (?)
PoA needed thruster/ tugs to take off
The listening station that ‘first’ noticed the covenant fleet didn’t see trhe cruiser that landed the troops in the winter contingency.

Just a few explanations, not confirmed but definatley possible