Halo Reach Campaign Rewitten (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

During one of my many moments of boredom during my holidays, I had the thought of rewriting the Halo Reach campaign. I was always really bugged by the discrepancies between dates and took the opportunity to do something about it, as well as some other things I was unsatisfied about.

The rewrite was written before the Data Drops and Glasslands, so it breaks canon set by those sources. However, any contradictions between it and previously released sources are either nonexistant or explained somewhat easily (I hope).

Please note that I do not hate the Reach campaign by any means, but acknowledge it is not perfect. That said, I do not see my rewrite as perfect, and any suggestions/constructive criticism are all welcome.

The original scripts have been copied off Halopedia and edited for the most part. This means that there are some inconsistencies throughout the script (e.g. Kat’s name alternates between Kat and Catherine). However, I have tried to avoid these for the most part, and the general message is stll conveyed.

Changes are, for the most part, lines which have been tweaked. However, some encounters have changed entirely, as well as some cutscenes. I also added a new level. Sure, it wasn’t necessary, but it was fun as hell to write.

Also, no matter what I write, I cannot change how Noble Team acts during gameplay. So, despite this rewrite, Kat probably still drives off cliffs and Emile probably still shotgun snipes.

I’ll also provide notes at the end of each level to explain why I changed some things.

So, without further ado, I present Halo Reach Rewritten! I’ll probably post one level every couple of days, depending on how popular this thread gets and how much time I have. Also, if you like it, feel free to post it on other websites (end shameless advertising).

FIRST CONTACT: Page 1
WINTER CONTINGENCY: Page 1
ONI: SWORD BASE: TBR
NIGHTFALL: TBR
TIP OF THE SPEAR: TBR
OPERATION: UPPERCUT: TBR
LONG NIGHT OF SOLACE: TBR
EXODUS: TBR
NEW ALEXANDRIA: TBR
THE PACKAGE: TBR
DELIVER HOPE: TBR
LONE WOLF: TBR

Edit: Apologies if you have difficulty in differentiating between dialogue and action. I didn’t realise the italics weren’t that strong.

First Contact
{Cutscene}
Planet Reach
September 1st, 2552 00:00 Hours
Several views of a glassed Reach are shown, first the entire planet, then closer shots from low orbit and finally, from near the ground, facing a towering mountain. Its tip has been divided in two by the glassing. A crashed UNSC Frigate can be seen on a hill to the right. The camera moves down to reveal a severely damaged MJOLNIR helmet lying on the smoking ground.
The screen fades to white.
Fairchild Airfield, Eposz
August 27th, 2552 14:56 Hours
Cuts to first-person view of SPARTAN-B312 staring into the visor of the same helmet, before putting it on.
Zooms out to the Warthog SPARTAN-B312 is riding in, on the surface of Reach, towards a UNSC outpost. Two UH-144 Falcons fly in above the Warthog.
Both Falcons land in the camp, and the Warthog pulls to a stop. B312 gets out of the Warthog, and moves toward a building.
Col. Urban Holland (COM): “…signals from the relay flatlined around twenty-six hundred hours last night.”
Jun-A266, sitting outside a Falcon’s passenger cabin, watches as B312 passes by, quietly placing rounds into a sniper rifle magazine.
Urban Holland (COM): “Fire teams were sent to Visegrad in response. After no word was heard from them for 14 hours, they were declared MIA.”
B312 reaches the doorway and surveys the scene inside the room. Carter-A259 is shown from behind, watching a holographic computer screen displaying Holland’s portrait and other information.
Carter-A259: “Any clues as to who it might be, sir?”
Urban Holland (COM): “ONI thinks it might be the local Insurrection. Five months ago, they pulled a similar job on Harmony. Hit a relay to take out our eyes and ears, then stole two freighters from dry-dock. That cannot happen here. Reach is too damn important. I want that relay back online, Noble One.”
Carter-A259: “Sir. Consider it done.”
Urban Holland (COM): “Then I’ll see you on the other side. Holland out.”
B312 glances at Emile-A239 sharpening his kukri blade against his shoulder pauldron. Kat finally picks up on B312’s presence.
Catherine-B320: “Commander.”
Carter and Jorge-052 turn to look at SPARTAN-B312.
Jorge-052: “So that’s our new number six.”
Emile-A239: “Kat, you read his/her file?”
Catherine-B320: “Only the parts that weren’t covered in black ink.”
Jorge and Emile stand up. Carter grabs his helmet from the table and turns to face B312.
Carter-A259: “Lieutenant.”
SPARTAN-B312: “Commander. Sir.”
Jorge and Emile start moving out. Kat joins them by the door.
Carter-A259: “I’m Carter, Noble Team’s leader. You probably saw Jun outside, he’s Noble Three. That’s Kat, Noble Two, Emile and Jorge, Four and Five. You’re riding with me, Noble Six.”
Cuts to the Spartans exiting the building, with the new Noble Six next to Carter, with Kat, Emile and Jorge walking side by side in front of them, towards the Falcon.
Carter-A259: “I’m not gonna lie to you, Lieutenant. You’re stepping into some shoes the rest of the squad would rather leave unfilled.”
The Spartans reach the Falcon, with the other three moving to one off-screen, and Noble Six and Carter getting into the one where Jun is already waiting.
Carter-A259: “Me, I’m just happy to have Noble back up to full strength. Just one thing - I’ve seen your whole file. Even the parts ONI didn’t want me to. I’m glad to have your skill set, but any lone-wolf stuff stays behind. Clear?”
Carter signals for the other Falcon to get airborne.
Noble Six: “Got it, sir.”
Jun-A266: “This our new number six?”
Carter-A259: “Affirmative.”
Jun-A266: “Welcome to Reach.”
The Falcons take off and start moving toward a mountain range in the distance.
Fade to black.
Level ends.

Notes: The main difference here is the level name. To me, Noble Actual didn’t make sense in regards to the level at all, so I changed it. Carter also has a few new lines and doesn’t pause whilst talking to Holland (due to the fact is makes him seem more welcoming to Six and give him/her more importance).
The original also has Holland and Carter talking as if the Visegrad relay is the only inter-system one on the planet, which is hard to believe. I’ve tried to change that with a few subtle tweaks.
Also, cookie to anybody who knows where the location comes from. Double cookie if you can tell me why it doesn’t work (if it doesn’t).

1. If Carter is talking to a superior officer, you can sure as hell bet he’ll ignore a new recruit.

2. Visegrad wasn’t the only communications outpost, but it was the main hub through which Reach could contact the rest of the colonies.

3. “Noble Actual” is a reference to military terms. In a military op, ground troops will report back to a command post or something similar. This is “call-sign” Actual. In the case of Noble team, this would be “Noble Actual”

4. What’s with the date change?

I didnt even notice any differences between your script and Reach’s script besides the name of the level. All the same I’m interested to see the changes you made. I’ve considered doing something like this before, except I would have completly scrapped soem levels or radically redesigned them. For example Winter Contingency would have been far different in my rewrite than the original. For example they would have gone to the relay and fight Inserectionists before seeing a massive fleet of Covenant ships appear in orbit.

Looking forward to seeing what you would have changed though.

Have you even been reading the data drops? They explain the dates.

This is a great idea. If Halo Reach was on PC I would improve the Reach campaign dramatically with rewrites and making the player unable to run past most of the game with mods.

> Have you even been reading the data drops? They explain the dates.

> The rewrite was written before the Data Drops and Glasslands, so it breaks canon set by those sources.

I do believe this is relevant to your interests OP :slight_smile:
I liked your rewrite.

> 1. If Carter is talking to a superior officer, you can sure as hell bet he’ll ignore a new recruit.
>
> 2. Visegrad wasn’t the only communications outpost, but it was the main hub through which Reach could contact the rest of the colonies.
>
> 3. “Noble Actual” is a reference to military terms. In a military op, ground troops will report back to a command post or something similar. This is “call-sign” Actual. In the case of Noble team, this would be “Noble Actual”
>
> 4. What’s with the date change?

1. Point taken. It would be reasonable to assume Carter would ignore him, but to change it so he doesn’t and instead devotes most of his attention to you makes you feel more welcome, or at least that’s how I see it.
  2. True, but everyone talks about it like ‘o noes, reach is now isolated because we’ve lost one outpost’, which seems riduculous.
  3. Holland is designated Noble Actual, but there is little to no interaction with him, so it just seems out of place.
  4. The date change is due to canon. I know it contradicts the data drops, but otherwise it would mean the covenant were on Reach for 40+ days before ayone heard about it. 3 days is the most feasible timeframe (a game won’t fit in a timeframe of 2 hours). The date changes ar throughout the rewrite to make it fit in better and not have weeks where nothing seems to happen.

> I didnt even notice any differences between your script and Reach’s script besides the name of the level. All the same I’m interested to see the changes you made. I’ve considered doing something like this before, except I would have completly scrapped soem levels or radically redesigned them. For example Winter Contingency would have been far different in my rewrite than the original. For example they would have gone to the relay and fight Inserectionists before seeing a massive fleet of Covenant ships appear in orbit.Looking forward to seeing what you would have changed though.

There aren’t many changes in this level. There are a few more noticable ones later on. As for radically changing the game, I’ve tried to remain loyal to the basic plot, I’ve just rewritten how some of it is told.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, everyone. I’ll probably post Winter Contingency tomorrow.

Winter Contingency
{Cutscene}
Visegrad, Eposz
August 27th, 2552 17:33 hours
Two Falcons fly over a mountainous landscape.
Carter is shown from behind, looking over at the other Falcon.
Carter-A259: “Listen up, Noble Team. We’re looking at a downed relay outpost, fifty klicks from Visegrad. We’re going to introduce ourselves to whoever took it out, then Kat’s going to get it back online.”
Catherine-B320: “Just get me there, Commander.”
The camera shifts to behind the two Falcons.
Catherine-B320: “Commander, we just lost our signal with HQ.”
Cut back to the second Falcon from Carter’s point of view.
Carter-A259: “Backup channels?”
Catherine-B320: “Searching… Nada. Rebels must have set up COM jammers”
Jorge-052: “Would rebels have the sort of resources to do that?”
The two Falcons are once again shown from behind, from a greater distance. They are now approaching the outpost.
Carter-A259: “That’s not important. All we need to know is that a dead zone has been confirmed. Command will not be keeping us company this trip.”
Emile-A239: “I’m lonely already.”
The Falcons bank left and hover over the outpost. Fade to black.
{Gameplay}
Carter-A259: “Shoot down attempts are likely, so keep your distance.”
Pilot (COM): “Yes, sir.”
Carter-A259: “Let’s stay focused. Watch your sectors.”
The two Falcons head in opposite directions as the Comm Relay Hub comes into view.
Jorge-052: “There’s the communications outpost.”
Catherine-B320: “Reading a distress beacon.”
Carter-A259: “Could be the missing troopers. Let’s check it out.”
Carter-A259: "Put us down on the bluff. Two, Four and Six, you’re coming with me. Five, stay in your Falcon but reinforce us if needed. "
The Falcon circles for a landing.
Carter-A259: “Jun, I want your eyes in the sky.”
Jun-A266: “Sir.”
The Falcons land side by side, and Carter jumps down.
Carter-A259: “Let’s go, Six.”
Noble Six exits the Falcon along with Carter, Emile, and Kat. Jun and Jorge remain in their respective Falcons.
NOBLE Team
Carter-A259: “Alright, Noble Team. Spread out. Watch the approach.”
Six follows Noble Team down the hillside. Emile swiftly jumps on to the top of a boulder and checks the surrounding.
Emile-A239: “Structure point 3-4, looks clear from this angle.”
Soon they come to a burning vehicle next to a small building. There are blood spatters on the ground nearby the wreckage.
Emile begins inspecting a broken pallet on the ground and removes a red object from it.
Emile-A239: “Found the beacon.”
Emile tosses the beacon to Kat.
Carter-A259: “Make out any ID?”
Catherine-B320: “Negative, but it’s military.”
Kat drops the beacon on the ground.
Jorge-052 (COM): “So, where are all the troopers?”
Catherine-B320: “Why are we not seeing explosives residue?”
Carter-A259: “Noble Three, can you confirm any 'ex residue in the area?”
Jun-A266 (COM): “Hmm… Negative, sir.”
Carter-A259: “All right, Noble, looks like there’s nothing here. Let’s move on.”
Jun-A266 (COM): “Why does this remind me of one of Mendez’s exercises? Little intel, no visible enemy, some weird catch waiting to be sprung?”
Emile-A239: “Well, what’s the catch?”
Noble Team heads off to another cluster of buildings.
Catherine-B320: “I see smoke coming from a structure to the south-west, Commander.”
Carter-A259: “Circle west and check it out. Noble Team: you have permission to engage, but be selective. We don’t need to telegraph our presence.”
The team arrives at a house overlooking the cliffside.
Jun-A266 (COM): "Commander, I see heat signatures in the previously marked building.
Carter-A259: “Noble Five, meet us there. Things could get ugly.”
Jorge-052: “On my way.”
Emile-A239: “Noble Six, move into the house. Go in quiet. I’m right behind you.”
Noble Six moves through the house, up a short flight of stairs and emerges on the other side. The second Falcon lands in the courtyard to drop Jorge off, then takes off. A door in the house opens, and a civilian male steps out. Other civilians can be seen inside.

Farmer: (Hungarian) “Én nem csináltam semmit!” (I didn’t do anything!)
Emile aims his shotgun at the man.
Emile-A239: “On your knees, now!”
Farmer: (Panicked, Hungarian) “Ne lőjön! Ne lőjön!” (Don’t shoot! Don’t shoot!)
Jorge-052: “They’re not rebels, they’re farmers. Look at them.”
Carter-A259: “Ask him what they’re doing here.”
Jorge questions him in Hungarian. The civilian begins talking as Jorge translates.
Jorge-052: (Hungarian) “Mit kerestek itt?” (What are you doing here?)
Farmer: (Hungarian) “Csak nem akartunk meghalni.” (We just didn’t want to die.)
Jorge-052: “Hiding, sir. Neighbours were attacked last night. He heard screams, gunfire. It stopped around sunrise.”
Farmer: (Hungarian) “Valami megölte a fiamat.” (Something killed my son.)
Jorge-052: “He says something in the fields…killed his son.”
Carter-A259: “Something?”
Jun-A266 (COM): “Commander, be advised. I’m reading heat signatures at the structure directly east from your position. Over.”
Carter-A259: “Copy that. (to Jorge) Get them back inside.”
Jorge-052: (Hungarian) “Azt mondtam, befelé!” (I said get in! Get in!)
Carter-A259: “Noble Team, double-time it.”
A new waypoint appears on the building in question. The farmer gets back inside as Noble Team sprint east toward the building.
The Spartans find several human corpses, including two uniformed ones hanging from pegs on the wall. The ground is covered with blood.
Carter-A259: “Damn…”
Jun-A266 (COM): “Fill me in, Commander, what are you seeing? Over.”
Carter kneels down over the pools of blood and examines them. Avian footprints can be seen in the blood, moving across the floor.
Carter-A259: “We’ve got military casualties, two of the missing troopers. Looks like they were interrogated… It’s messy.”
Kat-B320: “What about these footprints? They certainly aren’t human.”
Jorge-052: “Can’t be. Not on Reach.”
Carter-A259: “Noble Three, can you confirm any Covenant activity?”
Jun-A266 (COM): “Negative. It would explain a lot, though.”
Carter stands back up and signals the team to keep moving. They enter an adjacent room. Movement is suddenly heard on the roof, and a brief hostile contact is detected on the motion tracker, which refreshes.
Carter-A259: “Movement. Watch your motion trackers.”
Noble Team heads outside, but the contact disappears.
Emile-A239: “What the hell was that?”
Carter-A259: “Jun, you see anything?”
Jun-A266 (COM): “Negative. Thermal’s clean.”
Noble Team heads into a nearby building.
Jun-A266 (COM): “Boss, I see movement, outside your structure!”
Noble Team moves to a set of windows, where they see the contacts: Grunts and Skirmishers. One of the Skirmishers sees Noble Team and begins squawking in alarm.
Carter-A259: “Damn it!”
Jorge-052: “Covenant!”
Carter-A259: “Contact, contact! Spartans, assist!”
Jorge-052: “Here we go!”
Emile-A239: “Damn it!”
Carter-A259: “They’re heading into the basement. Move down to the lower levels!”
Noble Team engages the Covenant forces. Several Banshees begin to move in and are engaged by the Falcon.
Jun-A266 (COM): “Banshees! Heads up, Charlie Two!”
Noble Team clears out the Covenant near the farm, while the Falcon shoots down the Banshees. A Spirit dropship touches down across a nearby bridge and begins deploying troops.
Jun-A266 (COM): “Noble Leader, enemy dropships inbound!”
Carter-A259: “Falcons, pull back, avoid contact with enemy dropships.”
Noble Team moves across the bridge, eliminating the Covenant forces.
Carter-A259: “Stand down, Noble. Contacts neutralized.”
Jorge-052: “Contacts? It’s the damn Covenant!”
Emile-A239: “Cheer up, big man: this whole valley just turned into a free-fire zone.”
Carter-A259: “Kat, we’ve got to warn Holland. I need you at that relay outpost now.”
Jun-A266 (COM): “Boss, I’m showing more activity to the east!”
Carter-A259: "Copy that, Jun, we’re on it. Four, move south-east and attempt to flank. Six, move north-east, you’ve got point. "
Noble Team heads across the creek to engage Ultra Elites, eventually defeating them.
Jun-A266 (COM): “Commander, I’m seeing more hostile activity to the north-east.”
Carter-A259: “Emile and Kat, you’re with me. Five and Six, run interference on the ground. We’ll meet you at the outpost.”
Noble Six and Jorge head to a flatbed truck, with Jorge standing in the truck bed, using his gun as a makeshift turret. Noble Six drives.

Rebels Don’t Leave Plasma Burns
Noble Six and Jorge drive around, eliminating all Covenant they come across. There are 3 areas in the rain-soaked Visegrad, two buildings and a farmyard near a river. Six drives the first two areas, clearing the structures.
Jun-A266 (COM): “Noble Leader: I’m picking up a distress signal.”
Corporal Travis (COM): “Mayday! 3 Charlie Six, does anyone read? We’ve been engaged by Covenant forces! The Covenant is on Reach, I repeat: the Covenant is on Reach!”
Jorge-052: “The troopers?”
Carter-A259 (COM): “Six, find the source of that distress call.”
Jun-A266 (COM): “No disrespect, but don’t we have better things to do than round up strays?”
Jorge-052: “We don’t leave people behind. You see those troopers, you let me know.”
If the player takes time finding the Troopers:
Jun-A266 (COM): “Noble Leader: I’m seeing possible friendly forces under attack, north-east of your position, over!”
Travis (COM): “We’re under attack! Mayday, mayday! 3 Charlie Six, we’re under attack by the Covenant! I’ve got wounded - cannot hold this position!”
Jorge-052: “We need to find those Troopers, now!”
Six and Jorge reach the third area. They spot gunfire and explosions from a Covenant landing site. Several Army troopers are pinned down by the Covenant forces. The two Spartans move to intervene.
Jorge-052: “Noble Three, we’ve located the trooper squad. Request immediate evac - my coordinates.”
Jun-A266 (COM): Solid copy. Recalling Falcon Charlie Two. Hold that evac position."
Noble Team and the troopers engage the Covenant.
Jun-A266 (COM): “Noble Five, be advised: I have visual on inbound Covenant dropships. Charlie 2, keep your distance!”
Jorge-052: “Six, hold this position. Clear an LZ.”
Travis: “Spartans? Corporal Travis, 3 Charlie, sir. It’s the Covenant…”
Jorge-052: “We know, Corporal. Let’s get you out of here.”
Noble Team and 3 Charlie engage the Covenant, eventually clearing them out.
Jun-A266 (COM): “Charlie Two, LZ is clear. Move in for evac.”
Pilot (COM): “Affirmative. Charlie Two inbound.”
Jorge-052: “Troopers, board that bird on the double! Pilot, stay close - watch for hostile air.”
A Falcon lands nearby. The surviving troopers get in and fly away.
Carter-A259 (COM): “Jun, transport Five and Six to my position, we’ve been engaged and could use a hand.”
Jun-A266 (COM): “Affirmative, Noble One. Falcon Charlie One moving to transport Noble Five and Six to Visegrad Relay Outpost.”
Jun’s Falcon lands to pick up Jorge and Six.
Jorge-052: “Noble Two, what’s the situation?”
Catherine-B320 (COM): “We’re at the relay outpost. Door’s locked. Mechanism’s been flash-fused.”
Jorge-052: “Can you beat it?”
Catherine-B320 (COM): “I dialed up my torch to cut a way through. It’s going to take some time.”
Jorge-052: “Okay, we’ll be there as soon as we can.”
Noble Team reaches the relay, finding Covenant in the courtyard. Kat is inside the outpost working at the door controls while Emile and Carter are just outside the doorway, fighting against the masses of Jackals and Grunts.
Pilot (COM): “We’re approaching the outpost.”
Jorge-052: “Drop us in the courtyard.”
Pilot (COM): “LZ’s a little hot, sir-”
Jorge-052: “Put her down, pilot. Six, break’s over.”
Noble Team engages the Covenant in the courtyard. After they clear out the Covenant, Carter falls back inside the outpost.
Carter-A259: “How we doing, Kat?”
Catherine-B320: “Taking a little longer than I hoped, Commander. I’ve cut about halfway through the door.”
Emile-A239: “Contact!”
Carter-A259: “Hold them off until Kat can hack the controls.”
Noble Team engage Covenant infantry, but more and more troops are dropped in via Spirit dropships.
Carter-A259: “Kat?”
Catherine-B320: “Just about…there! We’re in!”
Carter-A259: “Everybody inside! Go, go, go!”
Noble Team withdraws to the relay’s entrance as the door closes, shutting the Covenant out.

Skeleton Crew
Carter-A259: “Jun, what’s going on outside?”
Jun-A266 (COM): “Looks like the Covenant are trying to break through the door. There’s a back exit to the north, Covenant don’t seem to have found it yet.”
Carter-A259: “First priority is to find the control room. From there, Kat can get the relay back online. Jun, move away from the outpost. Give me updates on how the Covenant outside are going. Emile, move to secure the north exit. If we flush any hostiles, they’re yours.”
The doors into the relay open.
Emile-A239: “Can’t see a thing… Noble Six, turn on your night vision.”
Noble Six turns the corridor and finds a body.
Catherine-B320: “Found the control room. Noble Six, search that body.”
If the player stalls:
Catherine-B320: “Lieutenant, check that body for ID!”
{Cutscene}
Six begins to search the body. Carter attends a wounded trooper leaning against the wall.
Carter-A259: “Where’s the rest of your unit?”
Army Corporal: “We got split. I don’t think they… It sounded bad on the comms.”
Carter-A259: “All right, Corporal, stay put. Emile, we’ve got wounded. He could use some help once we get out.”
Noble Six finds a data module on the corpse and picks it up as Kat looks at the controls.
Catherine-B320: “Damn. Plasma damage!”
Noble Six: “Found something…”
Kat takes the data module from Six’s hand.
Catherine-B320: “Interesting…I’ll keep that, Six. Not your domain.”
Jorge-052: “I’ve got a live one over here! Come on, out you come.”
Jorge drags out a young female civilian, but she struggles to escape, repeatedly hitting him while speaking frantic Hungarian.
Jorge-052: “It’s all right, we’re not going to hurt you.”
Carter-A259: “Jorge…”
Jorge-052: “I’ve got her.”
Jorge puts down his weapon and grabs her by both arms, easily restraining her. She stops struggling.
Jorge-052: “Keep still, and I’ll release you.”
Civilian: (Hungarian) “Még… Itt vannak.” (There’s more…)
Jorge stiffens in alarm just as a Field Marshal jumps down from an upper floor and ignites its Energy Sword. The Elite slashes at Jorge, but he dodges the strike, pulling the civilian to the ground and covering her with his body. The Marshal growls a challenge at the rest of Noble Team and charges. Two more Zealots jump down to support the Marshal.
Emile-A239 (COM): “What’s your status, over?!”
Carter-A259: “We’ve been engaged!”
Carter and Noble Six fire their Assault Rifles at the charging Elite, but his shield absorbs the fire. The Marshal slashes at Kat, slicing through the monitors on the wall, but Carter knocks her out of the way just in time. The Field Marshal’s shields collapse under the sustained fire of Noble Six. The Elite charges Six and, unable to bring his sword to bear, knocks the Spartan over before running towards the exit.
One of the Zealots grabs the fallen Noble Six by the neck and extends an Energy Dagger. The Zealot attempts to stab Noble Six, but Six blocks the strike and punches the Zealot across the face, stunning him momentarily. The Zealot recovers and roars in Six’s face, but Carter kicks him off and Kat opens fire with her pistol. The Elite’s shields flash and it scrambles back to escape. Carter then kicks an assault rifle to Six. The two remaining Zealots head for another door leading deeper into the facility, one holding the wounded corporal as a shield and forcing Noble Team to hold their fire. The civilian girl begins screaming while the Zealots head through the door, taking the screaming corporal with them. The corporal tries to grab the doorjamb in a desperate attempt to break free, but the Zealot holding him easily drags him out of sight.
Emile-A239 (COM): “That tango blew past me. Permission to pursue?”
Carter-A259: “Negative, Four, stay on that exit! Two, handle her! Five and Six, clear the hole!”
Noble Six reloads, Jorge and Noble Six head into a room, which Jorge then seals shut behind them.
{Gameplay}
Jorge and Six clear the room, heading down a corridor into another large room.
Jorge-052: “There’s more. Flush 'em out, I’ve got you covered.”
Noble Six eliminates one of the Zealots and Grunts and Jackals accompanying it. The second Zealot charges Six with an Energy Sword. Six kills this Zealot as well.
Jorge-052: “Noble Five reporting. Contacts neutralized.”
Carter-A259 (COM): “Kat needs you to reset a junction. Do it and get back up here.”
Noble Six resets the junction.

{Cutscene}
Kat removes a panel from a terminal in the control room.
Carter-A259: “How long?”
Catherine-B320: “If the question is when will this station be back online, two weeks, earliest. This is plasma damage. All major uplink components are fried.”
Carter-A259: “Two minutes is too long.”
Catherine-B320: “Which is why I’m splicing into the main overland bundle to get you a direct line to Colonel Holland… You’re in my light, Commander.”
Carter turns to Jorge.
Carter-A259: “Find out what she knows.”
Jorge taps the civilian girl’s shoulder, but she shoves his hand off. Emile chuckles.
Jorge-052: What’s your name? Do you live around here?"
Jorge takes his helmet off.
Jorge-052: (Hungarian) A nevem Jorge. (My name’s Jorge.)
Sára: “Sára.”
Jorge-052: (Hungarian) “Sára… Szép határozott név. (…You’re pretty strong.) Your accent sounds familiar. Sopron?”
Sára: “Tengeri.”
Jorge looks at the body.
Jorge-052: “Friend of yours?”
Sára: “Father.”
Jorge-052: (Hungarian) “Sajnálom. I’m sorry.”
Sára: “Why would you be?”
Emile-A239: (to Six) “Big man forgets what he is sometimes.”
Jorge glares at Emile.
Jorge-052: (to Carter) She needs a full psychiatric workup."
Emile-A239: “She’s not the only one…”
Jorge turns furiously to Emile, but Carter intervenes.
Carter-A259: “Lock it down, both of you! Get her on her feet…the body stays here.”
Emile stares intently at Jorge as he helps Sára out.
Jun-A266 (COM): “Commander, Covenant are about 10 minutes away from getting through.”
Carter-A259: “We’ll be out in five. Be ready to pick us up outside the outpost.”
Kat stops working and stands up.
Catherine-B320: “Signal! It’s patchy, but it’s there.”
Carter-A259: “I’ll take it.”
Noble Team, with the exception of their leader, leave the room. Holland’s image appears on the screen.
Colonel Urban Holland (COM): “…other outposts…(static)…in the black if this goes on any longer. Noble One, what’s your situation, over?”
Carter-A259: “Colonel, this is Noble One. There are no rebels. The Covenant are on Reach. Acknowledge?”
Holland (COM): “Come again, Noble One? Did you say Covenant?”
Carter-A259: “Affirmative. It’s the Winter Contingency.”
Holland (COM): “May God help us all.”
Fade to black.
Level ends.
Notes: Like the first cutscene, most changes are minor and to dialogue. The biggest change is the exclusion of Carter from the midle section. The rearrangement of appearance in characters is something else I added throughout the rewrite, as I felt some characters didn’t have enough gametime,Jorge being one of them. So, I removed Carter so the player would hopefully ‘bond’ a bit better with Jorge after this level. I’ve compensated for it later on, though, so don’t worry about Carter not getting enough time.
The addition of a second exit at the outpost was something else I felt had to be addressed. After the courtyard fight, Noble team clears out the outpost and somehow gets out, despite the large amount of hostiles outside. To add to this, the field Marshal runs for that door (which Emile is guarding from nothing) and somehow ‘blows past him’, despite the exit being unopenable. Just one of those things which irked me and inspired me to write this.
Like before, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Very nice. Subtle changes, but good ones. Jorge didn’t get nearly enough screentime I agree, nice to see him get some more time in the spotlight.

I’d have had Noble 6 a Spartan-II like Jorge also, more potential for a camaraderie bond that way. I’d have also had Jorge survive till the end to fight the Lone Wolf section back to back with 6 as well, go out like big damn heroes defiant to the end.