Halo Reach Campaign Custome Challenges

I have scoured the forums old and new and couldn’t find anything definitive and since it has been a rather long time since I used costume challenges on a regular basis I wanted to clear the air. I’ve read a lot about the ONI reload loop to farm out challenges, has this become/ever been a ban worthy offense? What exactly is Custom Challenge boosting? Isn’t the very nature of Custom Challenges to boost Cr returns? I just want to get some clarification here so I don’t have another 2 week ban for doing something I didn’t realize was offending to the ban hammer.

I’ve heard it is not a bannable offense. Both OniBoosting or Challenge boosting are acceptable. But I wouldn’t bother risking it.

Oni Boosting is easily visable in a players Stats… So you wont be fooling anyone. Any one but noobs, which is stil actually pretty usefull (BTB kids tend to moan and groan then quit in pregame lobby when they see a team of “high ranks” even though ranks have nothing to do with skill.

I will be totally honest I do it just because my multiplayer skills are not great, I have good games and bad games and get easily frustrated at getting stomped. I find these problems tend to go away when playing with people that actually talk or friends but since most people have moved on to other games/very few current players use mics I get annoyed which is no fun. It’s a shame that campaign doesn’t offer greater rewards just from completing levels because that’s where I prefer to spend my time anyway. Thanks for the feedback.

> I will be totally honest I do it just because my multiplayer skills are not great, I have good games and bad games and get easily frustrated at getting stomped. I find these problems tend to go away when playing with people that actually talk or friends but since most people have moved on to other games/very few current players use mics I get annoyed which is no fun. It’s a shame that campaign doesn’t offer greater rewards just from completing levels because that’s where I prefer to spend my time anyway. Thanks for the feedback.

Oh im not saying dont play with them ever again. Just suggesting taking them into custom and working together on both of your skills.

Here, these two maps helped me and my friends big time. (both maps are on my fileshare)

This is my Octagon Map, click here to view it in action. It is perfect for practicing pistol and Melee skills (even grenades as you can see from how well my friend keeps blowing me up. This map of mine has over 1,400 downloads :slight_smile:

This map is called 16- gon.This is perfect for rifle training, it is very rare that you will get into Melee range but it happens. This map not only trains you on your DMR/Snipe skills it really helps you learn to predict spawns. It is a 16 sided arena with 16 places your enemy can respawn. Spawns are influenced mostly by 1) where you killed your enemy, 2) your team and enemy teams location. Even though it feels like you cant possibly predict where (with 16 options) but in this match you see it gets pretty predictable. This map is also on my file share.

All you need is one friend with similar skill level to yourself and you both can grow together. (even though you have only one opponent these maps put the pressure on gently preparing you for the panic of facing multiple opponents. Good luck