Halo Reach Banhammer Mistake?

Hi. I was once a Warrant Officer Grade 2 before I got Xbox Live a couple days ago. The moment I got online, it instantly asked me that should either:

1. Lose 106,000 cR and continue online.
  2. Don’t hand over the cR, and be a default Spartan.

So, I tried both options, and I can never play Halo Reach again, just because I was a high rank before I had an Xbox Live account. I even went to Xbox Support because Bungie can’t help. Even THEY couldn’t help.

Maybe 343 Industries can, because I lost all my items, rank, and privileges.

Please help.

> Hi. I was once a Warrant Officer Grade 2 before I got Xbox Live a couple days ago. The moment I got online, it instantly asked me that should either:
>
> 1. Lose 106,000 cR and continue online.
> 2. Don’t hand over the cR, and be a default Spartan.
>
> So, I tried both options, and I can never play Halo Reach again, just because I was a high rank before I had an Xbox Live account. I even went to Xbox Support because Bungie can’t help. Even THEY couldn’t help.
>
> Maybe 343 Industries can, because I lost all my items, rank, and privileges.
>
> Please help.

Did you continue reach online prior to this? If no, then it’s not a mistake it’s the policy put in place to Everyone who “ranks” up before going online. It may suck, but it’s SOP for Everyone.

It’s a policy implemented to stop people from modding a ton of credits offline, and then taking those credits online. Simply put, there’s nothing you or anyone else can do about it. :\

Don’t worry, though. Firefight Arcade hands out credits like candy on Halloween, and credit farming has been officially permitted. There’s an exploitable checkpoint in Sword Base that you can use to farm Target Locator kills, so you can probably make all those credits back up in a few days with no effort.

(Which, now that I think about it, makes this offline-to-online credit “gate” kinda pointless…)

Just what I was thinking. What’s the use of the offline credit gate if I can get all of those credits back in less then a day?