Halo reach backwards compatibility sucks

Has anyone noticed? Its basically unplayable with the frame rate as it stands. Not to mention the textures render at like 480p. I don’t see how anyone could pick 15 fps backwards compatible reach over Halo 5. What are your thoughts on it? Do you like it? If so why? If not why?

All the Gears of War games have this issue too. It’s the emulator, it drops frames like crazy.

Is it possibly because you’re used to 60 fps gameplay and you now notice it playing at a slower framerate?

> 2533274812988278;3:
> Is it possibly because you’re used to 60 fps gameplay and you now notice it playing at a slower framerate?

No, because fallout 4 runs on 30 fps with frame drops and reach plays way worse

The audio is buggy and laggy too - oh and MP is virtually unplayable… >:(

You guys wanna hear something really funny? Sonic the bloody hedgehog 2 lags on the xbox 360 emulation. A -Yoinking!- sega genesis game.

I played a match and it was bad, but it was still payable. It’s just really hard to adjust from 60fps to 30fps. I was still able to get 21 kill on Snipers Powerhouse if that helps any. So it’s certainly not impossible to play well. The biggest thing that I noticed was the motion blur, particularly while strafing.

I have played a few matches of Firefight and noticed the same stuff, sure it’s playable but not enjoyable. Xbox better improve that 360 emulator or their going to have some extremely upset customers trying to play barely playable 360 games on their xbox one’s. I did test it on my 360 too just to see and it worked fine so it’s definitely a problem with the emulator.

> 2533274835791130;1:
> Has anyone noticed? Its basically unplayable with the frame rate as it stands. Not to mention the textures render at like 480p. I don’t see how anyone could pick 15 fps backwards compatible reach over Halo 5. What are your thoughts on it? Do you like it? If so why? If not why?

It’s easy to pick it over Halo 5 because it offers better gameplay. I’d rather tolerate a bogged down 15 frames per second than tolerate everybody sprinting, everybody thrusting, clamber, and ground pound.

Don’t get me wrong, Reach is far from my favorite Halo game. It’s just better than 5, even with the emulator issues.

> 2634471746327483;8:
> I have played a few matches of Firefight and noticed the same stuff, sure it’s playable but not enjoyable. Xbox better improve that 360 emulator or their going to have some extremely upset customers trying to play barely playable 360 games on their xbox one’s. I did test it on my 360 too just to see and it worked fine so it’s definitely a problem with the emulator.

I agree if you have problems with it on the one go play on the 360. I do that when I want to play reach and it works just as good as 5 as faras I’m concerned.

A few of these games do. But this one wasn’t the best before hand.

> 2634471746327483;8:
> I have played a few matches of Firefight and noticed the same stuff, sure it’s playable but not enjoyable. Xbox better improve that 360 emulator or their going to have some extremely upset customers trying to play barely playable 360 games on their xbox one’s. I did test it on my 360 too just to see and it worked fine so it’s definitely a problem with the emulator.

Update: So I played Reach again last night and it was noticeably better than it was on the weekend, I am not sure what happened or if there was just some server issues over the weekend but in any case there was drastic improvement.