Halo: Reach Assault Rifle Discussion

Has anyone noticed how powerful the Assault Rifle is in Combat Evolved? It’s one of the best guns ever, in my opinion. The first gun I ever used in a video-game. Combat Evolved takes place a bit after Halo: Reach. But how is it so much more powerful than Reach? They might not be the same rifle? Maybe.?

Anyways, who just dislikes the Assault Rifle in Halo:Reach like me? Like, I love the Assault Rifle, actually. It has a good feel to it, a lot different than Combat Evolved. But it’s too weak. I’ll spray over a full clip into a Spartan, and that guy will kill me in three shots with a Magnum. Seriously?
What do you guys think of the Assault Rifle?

Please, 343. I hope the rifle will be awesome in Halo 4.

I think the fact that the AR varies in power, clip size and looks between Reach and CE tends to be more to do with the evolution of the game, rather than the progression of the storyline.

As an AR fan, if 343 decided to bring back a weapon from a previous Halo into Halo 4, then I would love the Halo 3 Spartan Laser or the Halo 3 AR.

Although the AR feels different in Reach to previous iterations, the weapons is still pretty impressive.

> Has anyone noticed how powerful the Assault Rifle is in Combat Evolved?

Sorry, can’t hear you over the sound of my pistol.

Edited by a moderator. Please refrain from flaming other members.

> If you use the Assault Rifle in Combat Evolved, you have a brain deficiency.

Unless you were out of Pistol, Grenades, Sniper, didn’t have a Warthog, and were no where near an operable turret, that is.

> > If you use the Assault Rifle in Combat Evolved, you have a brain deficiency.
>
> Unless you were out of Pistol, Grenades, Sniper, didn’t have a Warthog, and were no where near an operable turret, that is.

Finding extra pistol and grenade ammo isn’t that hard.

> > > If you use the Assault Rifle in Combat Evolved, you have a brain deficiency.
> >
> > Unless you were out of Pistol, Grenades, Sniper, didn’t have a Warthog, and were no where near an operable turret, that is.
>
> Finding extra pistol and grenade ammo isn’t that hard.

I didn’t say it was.

But, being involved in a battle with no Pistol ammo on hand, you could always rely on your AR.

As long has the AR model is similar to the Reach one. The H3 and CE/CEA AR is ugly.

The MA37 Assault Rifle in Halo: Reach is really annoying in terms of damage
I think in Halo CE(A) the MA5B was powerful enough to take down a Spartan in 16 rounds, Halo 3’s MA5C Assualt Rifle would take 2 more more rounds than the MA5B I think, but the MA37 takes 19 rounds to defeat a Spartan.

Which means that the Assault Rifles get weaker further into the series so far, so hopefully the Halo 4 Assault Rifle is similar to the MA5B.

> As long has the AR model is similar to the Reach one. The H3 and CE/CEA AR is ugly.

The Reach model looks exaggerated and stupid. I liked the CEA AR look and sound the best.

> > As long has the AR model is similar to the Reach one. The H3 and CE/CEA AR is ugly.
>
> The Reach model looks exaggerated and stupid. I liked the CEA AR look and sound the best.

Nah, Prefer the Halo Reach AR

Has anyone ever noticed how powerful the AR, Pistol, Sniper, Rocket, Shotgun and grenades are in halo ce?

Oh wait, everything is super powerful and therefore the game is really, REALLY balanced.

I really like the halo 3 AR its by far the most accurate of all of them the AR in CE was powerful yes but it has a 60 round clip cause it sprays bullets everywhere and anywhere still the one in reach is like an automatic .22 I use the magnum as my main and the AR as my sidearm

> Has anyone noticed how powerful the Assault Rifle is in Combat Evolved?

Seriously? You think the AR from CE is powerful? Maybe on NORMAL difficulty it is, but once you get to heroic its usefulness drops considerably. And lets not even get into Legendary. On legendary the AR is the worst weapon you can use. It takes half a clip to take down a grunt. The problem I see is in Halo Reach the AR is one of the God Weapons. In campaign it’s next to useless. Go test it out on legendary on an elite general, try stripping his shields with an AR and see what happens. I noticed since combat evolved the assault rifle was only good if you had no other weapons, or if you played on normal difficulty, and this applies to all halo games. Yet on reach in multiplayer contrary to past games the assault rifle is suddenly one of the best weapons to use. In firefight it’s crap, in campaign it’s crap. In CE you ONLY use the AR if it’s a starter weapon like at the beginning of the game. Otherwise stick with something like Pistol and Shotgun. Playing the campaign especially on the Library your best bet is the pistol and shotgun. And if infection forms are surrounding you, the plasma rifle is far superior to the AR. In reachs’ multiplayer I always switch to the plasma repeater instead of the AR. Plasma weapons drain shields faster.

> Unless you were out of Pistol, Grenades, Sniper, didn’t have a Warthog, and were no where near an operable turret, that is.

Melee is a better option than AR then. Just sneak around enemies and hit them in the back of the head.

I actually like Reachs AR. Careful attention to the bloom needs to be considered when using it. It feels good to achieve a kill with the AR without reloading, using grenades or melee, especially at medium or long range. But it’s a utility weapon, as such it shouldn’t dominate at any one range, it’s average at all ranges. I use it to fall back on, but keep an eye out for other weapons.

> > If you use the Assault Rifle in Combat Evolved, you have a brain deficiency.
>

Man, I think the rifle’s too weak to kill an enemy, so I’ll spray my opponent while running up to him/her and when close enough strike with melee. Most of my kills are from melee, I’m such a n00b

> > Has anyone noticed how powerful the Assault Rifle is in Combat Evolved?
>
> Seriously? You think the AR from CE is powerful? Maybe on NORMAL difficulty it is, but once you get to heroic its usefulness drops considerably. And lets not even get into Legendary. On legendary the AR is the worst weapon you can use. It takes half a clip to take down a grunt. The problem I see is in Halo Reach the AR is one of the God Weapons. In campaign it’s next to useless. Go test it out on legendary on an elite general, try stripping his shields with an AR and see what happens. I noticed since combat evolved the assault rifle was only good if you had no other weapons, or if you played on normal difficulty, and this applies to all halo games. Yet on reach in multiplayer contrary to past games the assault rifle is suddenly one of the best weapons to use. In firefight it’s crap, in campaign it’s crap. In CE you ONLY use the AR if it’s a starter weapon like at the beginning of the game. Otherwise stick with something like Pistol and Shotgun. Playing the campaign especially on the Library your best bet is the pistol and shotgun. And if infection forms are surrounding you, the plasma rifle is far superior to the AR. In reachs’ multiplayer I always switch to the plasma repeater instead of the AR. Plasma weapons drain shields faster.

What are you talking about, bro? I think the AR is incredibly powerful in CE. I played through the whole campaign on CE, and usually stuck with it and a shotgun against Flood or magnum against Covenant. On legendary, yes I quite agree, it is a lot weaker but on heroic I think it is appropriate to use. On Reach, man, I can not play through the campaign with an AR on Legendary difficulty. One of the reasons why I do not like Reach as much as other Halo titles. On other Halo games, spray-n’-pray through the campaign. Super fun.

> I actually like Reachs AR. Careful attention to the bloom needs to be considered when using it. It feels good to achieve a kill with the AR without reloading, using grenades or melee, especially at medium or long range. But it’s a utility weapon, as such it shouldn’t dominate at any one range, it’s average at all ranges. I use it to fall back on, but keep an eye out for other weapons.

That’s what makes it the real utility weapon. The DMR will always be too rich for my tastes.

> I actually like Reachs AR. Careful attention to the bloom needs to be considered when using it. It feels good to achieve a kill with the AR without reloading, using grenades or melee, especially at medium or long range. But it’s a utility weapon, as such it shouldn’t dominate at any one range, it’s average at all ranges. I use it to fall back on, but keep an eye out for other weapons.

The AR is NOT a utility whatsoever.

It has to be USEFUL to be a UTILITY.