Halo Reach Appreciation Thread

I really can’t be the only one who finds this game to be, well, amazing, right?

The story in the game was excellent, and added so much to the already rich Halo universe. I loved every minute of the campaign, the characters, the story. The gameplay is nearly perfect. It takes everything good about the Halo series, and pretty much perfects it, while adding in a lot of cool new concepts without changing Halo’s core gameplay or ruining the balance of the game. And armor abilities are a lot of fun. I don’t get how people can say that they ruin the game. Everyone has the same options, everyone can choose the same abilities. Like the previous titles in the franchise, the game relies on skill, with a bit of random chance.

Overall, the game is fun. And that’s what any good game should be. That’s what every Halo game so far has been. And that’s how I hope the series continues to be.

I dont agree with everything you say, but all in all I felt like I got my moneys worth. I still play it after all :).

Agreed. I really enjoy Halo: Reach for what it is. Bungie did an excellent job with the project.

There are a lot of things in Reach (mainly certain multiplayer elements that I’m sure we’re all aware of) that I don’t like, but that hasn’t stopped me from staying with this game for almost a year now. I think appreciate is a very accurate way to describe how I feel about this game. It’s nowhere near ‘perfect’ but the progressive changes like the classic playlist and the reworking of Arena showed that Bungie was indeed committed to making it a better experience for the players. Reach has been fun and I can only see it getting better as 343i carries on the torch.

I love Halo Reach. I don’t get this constant hating because of armour abilities or bloom. If you can’t adapt your play style to enjoy the game and play it well, then play something else. Developers must be allowed to evolve their ideas and try new things. They shouldn’t let themselves be held to ransom by a minority of fans who want a new game to play exactly like the last one. Thats right, a minority. Just because alot of threads here are filled with posts bashing Reach, don’t assume you’re the majority. Not everybody who plays Halo uses the forums, not even close.

Empty vessels make the most noise.

You know there are things in Reach that I really don’t enjoy, but if you look at the over all picture its a pretty amazing game!

Bungie perfected A LOT of things in that game, like the AR, Needler, Fuel Rod Gun, Forge, etc

They did things well like Invasion, Firefight, Stockpile, Storyline, Taking the game places it has never been

Then it had its flaws like every new type of game has like Grenade balance, AL, Vehicle Physics

Honestly though Bungie did a great job with Halo and 343 will continue to dig deep into the universe and do everything it takes to make the next best Halo Game!!!

<4 <343

It’s a perfect swan song for Bungie. I may still look back with a hindsight bias at previous titles, but to tell the truth, I’ve played Reach more than any previous Halo except H:CE.

Reach was an amazing game. It didn’t have the most amazing campaign, but I kind of expected that because the Chief isn’t in it. But Firefight, multiplayer, and forge are all genius and Reach also has some of the best graphics I’ve seen in an FPS. Reach does, however, make you look back on the previous Halos which is sort of another aspect I like about it, its always fun to reminisce about the good ol’ days. It wasn’t exactly the “Halo” we expected but -Yoink!- it is an amazing game. I show my respect and thanks to Bungie and 343 for an awesome game and look forward to both companies’ future work and wish them much luck in the future.

I love Halo Reach. Best Halo ever made by Bungie. After watching that nearly 1 hour ViDoc today, my beliefs have been affirmed by the developers themselves that this Halo truly is the best.

Now I know there will be at least three more Halo games to come and I don’t want 343i to feel like their efforts on these upcoming titles will be for nothing. I will give Halo 4 a chance when it comes out. I’m just saying based on all the Halo’s made by Bungie, Reach is #1.

I find my self going into forge world alot… I don’t make anything in there, I just wander around and look at it. Its soooo purdy. Anybody else do this?

> I love Halo Reach. I don’t get this constant hating because of armour abilities or bloom. If you can’t adapt your play style to enjoy the game and play it well, then play something else. Developers must be allowed to evolve their ideas and try new things. They shouldn’t let themselves be held to ransom by a minority of fans who want a new game to play exactly like the last one. Thats right, a minority. Just because alot of threads here are filled with posts bashing Reach, don’t assume you’re the majority. Not everybody who plays Halo uses the forums, not even close.
>
> Empty vessels make the most noise.

You have no right to claim the haters are the minority.

As far as Reach, I don’t exactly love it because of the gimmicky additions, but it has the makings of a great halo game under that.

There are things I love about Reach, and there are things I don’t. All in all, I like the game. I still play it every chance I get, and enjoy every minute of it. Even if I do sometimes have to unplug my mic lol. Hey, there ARE kids playing.

> It’s a perfect swan song for Bungie. I may still look back with a hindsight bias at previous titles, but to tell the truth, I’ve played Reach more than any previous Halo except H:CE.

It is completely the opposite to me. I could play all other Halo games for years. It is hard for me to play one single game of Halo Reach a week. I think what ruined the game for me was armor abilities. I think that drove most of the people away. And yes, I said most. A good example of that is comparing the amount of people play Reach to Black Ops. BO has a lot more. If I remember correctly, Halo once had the most people playing it. Halo Reach couldn’t even stay #1 for a few weeks. Halo 2 stayed #1 on original xbox live for almost 6 years. Halo 3 stayed #1 on xbox live for 2 years. Well…Halo Reach stayed #1 for like 3 weeks. Halo 3 sold about 12 million copies a year after release. Halo Reach is barely pushing 8.5 million copies. Yeah, I would say the majority of people don’t like Reach. But while most of my thread is bashing Reach with real statistics, I will admit just like all other Halo games (Halo CE, 2, 3, ODST, Wars), Halo Reach had a great campaign. I can’t take that away from it.

I’m not sure if it’s my favorite Halo game, but I feel like it’s the most feature rich, well balanced, and polished out of the bunch. And what I mean by polished is that I don’t feel like there’s one area of the game that didn’t have enough attention to it compared to the others. When you look at CE, even though it’s a great game, the later portion of the campaign feels rushed and the multiplayer lacks the feature set of future iterations. Halo 2 had great multiplayer but the campaign felt very slapped together, etc. I just feel like all of Reach’s features hit around the same bar in terms of quality.

Moa slaughtering. 'nuff said.

I can’t agree with everything you wrote OP but Reach is excellent, I like it a lot.

On paper Halo Reach should be the greatest overall halo experience. It has the best of all worlds, Firefight, Forge, good Campaign, and Multiplayer. But the implimentation of bad game mechanics hurt the overall experience so much that it is almost unplayable for myself and many of my friends. Bloom and non balanced AA’s ruined the entire multiplayer aspect of reach. Bloom also leaves a bad taste in my mouth when trying to play all the other game modes. Halo Reach has the potential to be the greatest halo out there if they could fix these flaws.

Hmm, I did enjoy the cute moas. They run around, without a care, I come and stick them, and they run towards me and I die. :frowning:

But anyways, Reach is a solid game even though bloom is frustrating.

Its refreshing to see all these positive comments about the game. Sure, its not perfect, but no game is. Doesn’t stop it from being a great game :slight_smile: