Halo: Reach all DLC only Matchmaking Playlist

Dear 343 Industries,

Halo: Reach has many DLC maps. Unfortunately it has no Matchmaking playlist, so the only way to play them in Matchmaking you would either have to get very lucky or assemble a full lobby. With The Master Chief Collection coming out soon, the populations of Xbox 360 Halo Titles will have their populations drop to astronomical low levels. This is not a problem for Halo 3 or Halo 4 due to the fact that they are going to be included in the Master Chief Collection and Halo: Spartan Assault is already on the Xbox One. However, Halo: Reach, Halo: Wars, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo 3: Mythic will not be included in The Master Chief Collection nor have they been confirmed to be ported to the Xbox One. Halo Wars has a DLC playlist, so that is not a hassle, and Halo 3: Mythic includes all of the Halo 3 Maps while Halo 3: ODST has no DLC. Halo: Reach on the other hand, doesn’t even have a DLC playlist (excluding the anniversary playlist). Great maps designed by Bungie, 343 Industries, and Certain Affinity, are barely playable. Soon The Master Chief Collection will come out and it will be almost impossible just to get a normal match on Halo: Reach, let alone a DLC match. All I ask from 343 as of now is to add one new, all DLC playlist for Halo: Reach. Thank you for reading, I pray you accept my request. Good day to all of you.

Sincerely,
Doctor Forge

Unfortunately, 343 turns a deaf ear when it comes to permanent dlc playlists.

I think we should promote a youtube video of some dlc gameplay we did the other day. Like It would be one of those gameplay/commentary videos that everyone likes.

Heard some player together, seems like a plan…

I have some gameplay saved from the night we played, I could upload it to youtube, maybe we can provide commentary about the state of dlc for reach and how future dlc for halo 5 should work.

343 is a freaking joke. They don’t care and therefore neither do I. PS 4 here i come.

> 343 is a freaking joke. They don’t care and therefore neither do I. PS 4 here i come.

Ok. Dont let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

> With The Master Chief Collection coming out soon, the populations of Xbox 360 Halo Titles will have their populations drop to astronomical low levels. This is not a problem for Halo 3 or Halo 4 due to the fact that they are going to be included in the Master Chief Collection and Halo: Spartan Assault is already on the Xbox One. However, Halo: Reach, Halo: Wars, Halo 3: ODST, and <mark>Halo 3: Mythic will not be included in The Master Chief Collection</mark> nor have they been confirmed to be ported to the Xbox One.

Theres no reason and it makes no sense to include this separately from Halo 3, since its the exact same multiplayer. Halo 3 in The Master Chief Collection will include all its DLC maps, so the multiplayer portion will essentially be the Halo 3: Mythic disc.

Wouldn’t it make more people buy the dlc if they added a playlist?

After all, Halo Reach still has ~10k players at all times…

Halo Reach is still my favorite halo game, I would also love to see a DLC playlist. Also this makes some DLC related achievements nearly impossible to get since it’s so rare to get a match made game with all players having the DLC

Why they never required Team Slayer and other popular playlist to require DLC is beyond me. Most people are not going to buy map packs if they don’t have to.

We could probably start assembling a group of people to go into matchmaking with who all have the DLC and enough people so it wouldn’t search for more people and play some DLC maps

> 2533274902081781;1:
> Dear 343 Industries,
>
> Halo: Reach has many DLC maps. Unfortunately it has no Matchmaking playlist, so the only way to play them in Matchmaking you would either have to get very lucky or assemble a full lobby. With The Master Chief Collection coming out soon, the populations of Xbox 360 Halo Titles will have their populations drop to astronomical low levels. This is not a problem for Halo 3 or Halo 4 due to the fact that they are going to be included in the Master Chief Collection and Halo: Spartan Assault is already on the Xbox One. However, Halo: Reach, Halo: Wars, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo 3: Mythic will not be included in The Master Chief Collection nor have they been confirmed to be ported to the Xbox One. Halo Wars has a DLC playlist, so that is not a hassle, and Halo 3: Mythic includes all of the Halo 3 Maps while Halo 3: ODST has no DLC. Halo: Reach on the other hand, doesn’t even have a DLC playlist (excluding the anniversary playlist). Great maps designed by Bungie, 343 Industries, and Certain Affinity, are barely playable. Soon The Master Chief Collection will come out and it will be almost impossible just to get a normal match on Halo: Reach, let alone a DLC match. All I ask from 343 as of now is to add one new, all DLC playlist for Halo: Reach. Thank you for reading, I pray you accept my request. Good day to all of you.
>
> Sincerely,
> Doctor Forge

I agree.

> 2533274931567905;10:
> We could probably start assembling a group of people to go into matchmaking with who all have the DLC and enough people so it wouldn’t search for more people and play some DLC maps

That would be fun but what if we all live in different time zones?

> 2535473295163450;12:
> > 2533274931567905;10:
> > We could probably start assembling a group of people to go into matchmaking with who all have the DLC and enough people so it wouldn’t search for more people and play some DLC maps
>
>
> That would be fun but what if we all live in different time zones?

Depends on if it’s 3 hour or 13 hour difference. 3 hour shouldn’t be too hard to schedule, 13 hour might require some people staying up late or getting up early.

If you’re reading through these forums then you are probably one of the thousands of gamers out there who are ultimately disappointment with the way the Halo Reach DLC has been handled by 343 Industries, a Microsoft company. We have paid for DLC, which we can no longer play unless we get around 12 other players who have it in the same party. This is not good enough and surely must infringe on our consumers rights. Halo Reach is one of if not the best Halo title out there and the multiplayer is fantastic, it has been ruined however because you cannot play on the DLC maps that you have paid for because they have essentially been removed from the playlist options.

Now that Halo Reach is backwards compatible on the Xbox One, more and more people are going to start playing this game again, potentially buying the DLC and finding that they cannot play any of the maps they just paid for.

If we can build enough momentum, we can force 343 to fix this as Halo Reach is now relevant again due to the backwards compatibility. Please take 30 seconds to sign in and vote on this feedback post.
https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251647-gaming-achievements/suggestions/6789896-halo-reach-needs-dlc-only-playlists

If you have an Xbox Live account then simply sign in with that. Let’s make Halo Reach back into the multiplayer game it deserves to be!

I was pretty dissapointed when 343 did that tbh

I just can’t grasp how this is even a problem. A DLC maps only playlist seems like the most obvious thing and should work to promote those maps and get more people to buy them. Right now they’re basically just scamming the people who actually care enough to buy the DLC.

> 2533274902081781;1:
> Dear 343 Industries,
>
> Halo: Reach has many DLC maps. Unfortunately it has no Matchmaking playlist, so the only way to play them in Matchmaking you would either have to get very lucky or assemble a full lobby. With The Master Chief Collection coming out soon, the populations of Xbox 360 Halo Titles will have their populations drop to astronomical low levels. This is not a problem for Halo 3 or Halo 4 due to the fact that they are going to be included in the Master Chief Collection and Halo: Spartan Assault is already on the Xbox One. However, Halo: Reach, Halo: Wars, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo 3: Mythic will not be included in The Master Chief Collection nor have they been confirmed to be ported to the Xbox One. Halo Wars has a DLC playlist, so that is not a hassle, and Halo 3: Mythic includes all of the Halo 3 Maps while Halo 3: ODST has no DLC. Halo: Reach on the other hand, doesn’t even have a DLC playlist (excluding the anniversary playlist). Great maps designed by Bungie, 343 Industries, and Certain Affinity, are barely playable. Soon The Master Chief Collection will come out and it will be almost impossible just to get a normal match on Halo: Reach, let alone a DLC match. All I ask from 343 as of now is to add one new, all DLC playlist for Halo: Reach. Thank you for reading, I pray you accept my request. Good day to all of you.
>
> Sincerely,
> Doctor Forge

I agree. Reach definitely needs playlist for all the DLC maps. We should be able to use the content that we’ve payed for.

Still needs a DLC playlist 2 years later they updated the game recently and removed the population counter why can’t they add a DLC playlist?

This is a very old, please don’t revive old threads thanks.

On the subject of DLC only playlists, they have existed in the past but even when the DLC packs were just freshly out there was just never enough people playing in the hopper to justify keeping it up. Happened with Reach and again with Halo 4. Having parties with all DLC is the best chance you have of playing DLC maps in matchmaking