Halo Reach Add-On Bugged

I’ve been playing Halo: Reach Multiplayer through MCC for a couple weeks now. It’s been a blast, and I really enjoy the revamp!

However, there’s an issue I’ve come across recently. I had at one point told myself, “Let’s play some Firefight!” So, I went to the Firefight section and selected Firefight matchmaking. Once I did this, an error message popped up, telling me something along the lines of “You don’t have Halo: Reach installed. Would you like to go to the Microsoft Store?” The same thing happens when I try to initiate Campaign.

I went to MCC’s Installed and Ready to Install sections of my Xbox, and sure enough, I didn’t have the Reach add-on in either area. This confuses me. What I need help on is this: How have I been able to play Reach multiplayer without the add-on? As far as I know, even that requires it.

-GrimDaCat

Halo Reach Campaign and Firefight are not free and cost $9.99 in the Microsoft store, while the multiplayer is free.

I’m looking at the description of the Halo: Reach add-on, and here’s what it says:
Game Features:
• Campaign: Experience the first chapter in the Halo Saga and fight your way as Noble Six through 11 unforgettable missions
• Multiplayer: Start your Spartan Career today with Halo: Reach’s iconic multiplayer featuring an overhauled progression system, generation-defining player customization, over 20 unforgettable maps, as well as classic game modes such as Firefight and Invasion. While Forge and Theater will be delivered later in 2020, enjoy access to millions of community-created maps and game types that have been migrated over from Halo: Reach on Xbox 360 for use today on PC.
• Firefight: Fight alone or with squad mates to survive against endless waves of enemies deploying with ever-increasing difficulty.

According to this, multiplayer is included with the add-on’s purchase. If it really is free, then this description has to be changed.

I think you’re looking at the description of PC version. As you can see here, multiplayer mode is free and included in the MCC, while Campaign/Firefight modes need to be purchased for a $9.99 add-on.

I was gifted halo reach the addon and redeemed the code for it. I downloaded it inside the game too and it does not show up. I hard reset my xbox, uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game and still it does not show