Halo Quote a Day Until the July Showcase

I am going to list a quote from Halo. Whether it is from a book or show or the games themselves. I am going to do this every day at different times up to the July 23rd Xbox Games Studios reveals.

There are 7 days remaining.

“Earth isn’t going to save itself, Chief, it’s time to step up to the plate, are you, or are you not going to finish the fight?”
-Sgt. Avery Johnson

I like the idea of reliving past highlights of the franchise, but what is the discussion value in this?

> 2535435902217648;2:
> I like the idea of reliving past highlights of the franchise, but what is the discussion value in this?

The reason I placed this in General is because it is not a “discussion” topic and I plan to have it locked on the 24th of July. If you want to post your own quote go ahead. But there is a topic somewhere for favorite quotes already. It would take a minute. But I can find it and link it. This thread is mainly going to work as a sort of countdown until Halo Infinite’s gameplay reveal. The reason it is in General rather than Halo Infinite is due to its lack of an ability for thorough discussion. After the gameplay reveal, I am going to ask this be locked on the 24th.

“When you first saw Halo, were you blinded by its Majesty?”

“I will continue my campaign against the humans.”

~Thel Vadam before becoming the Arbiter

6 days remain

“Woooah! It’s like a post card: 'Dear Sarge: Kicking -Yoink- in outer space, wish you were here!”

Chips Dubo - Halo 2

> 2535432806702036;3:
> > 2535435902217648;2:
> > I like the idea of reliving past highlights of the franchise, but what is the discussion value in this?
>
> The reason I placed this in General is because it is not a “discussion” topic and I plan to have it locked on the 24th of July. If you want to post your own quote go ahead. But there is a topic somewhere for favorite quotes already. It would take a minute. But I can find it and link it. This thread is mainly going to work as a sort of countdown until Halo Infinite’s gameplay reveal. The reason it is in General rather than Halo Infinite is due to its lack of an ability for thorough discussion. After the gameplay reveal, I am going to ask this be locked on the 24th.

Fair enough: my favorite quote thus far in all of Halo is

“Were it so easy”

I’ve yet to find a quote that has moved me more in Halo than this one. It is said twice by the same character, and has two entirely different meanings each time it is said.

Okay I like this. I’ll throw mine into the mix.

“Tell 'em to make it count” - Jorge-052 moments before his death.

This one definitely hit home, and was really moving. It also emphasised how the UNSC had to trade lifes for time otherwise they would’ve perished a whole lot quicker. I mean Halo: Reach was a story of sacrifice and sadness, but duty did come first for the Spartans of Noble Team.

5 days remain.

“So this additional indignity will be inflicted upon you. It means, I believe, that humans will not end here, but may rise again—fight again. Humans are always warriors. But what and whom they will fight, I do not know. For I fear the time of the Forerunners is drawing to a close. In this, the Librarian and I find agreement. Take satisfaction, warrior, in that possibility.”

-Ur-Didact to Lord of Admirals Forthencho on Charum Hakkor after the defeat of Humanity.
Halo: Primordium

I like this!

Im Ready, how about you! -Emile-A239-

”You sure you wouldn’t rather take a seat?”
”We’ll be fine.”

4 days remain

Call your friends and bring a gun
The Halo revolution’s on
Capping flags and arming bombs
Yes, we don’t blink until we’re done
Bring… a… drink or three prepare for war
The night could last for hours or more
Saddle up and pick your teams
Obliterate your enemies
The true elite
Melee and snipe
While the jerks; they hog the rocks
Continue blowing off ones socks
Killtacular
Is screamed at me
Followed by “noob” and other obscenities
I haven’t done a thing to deserve these beeps
While blue team frags from up above
The chief sweeps in and takes the flag
Jacks a ghost and so it goes
Defeat is imminent for red
Time… flies… by the time we realize
That hours have passed. it’s 3am
HALO 3 has pwned us all
Like every time and time again
In the end
We close our eyes
We put to sleep our one track minds
Destroyer of our productive lives.
In the end
We live to dream
The only MC in our lives
Lives in a tube screen by our bed side

Lyrics from the song LvUrFR3NZ by Princeton
Halo 3 Soundtrack

Edit: I am aware I left the last 3 lines out. There is a reason why.

Here are my favorite Halo quotes:

1. “My friend’s trust is not the issue today, Spartan Locke. It is my trust you must earned.”

2. " Good, the bridge is down. Now about those Wraiths."

3. “It was my job to take care of you.”

4. “We were supposed to take care of each other. And we did.”

3 days remain

"You killed Flipyap Or Yapflip, was he… it was Yapflip… no, Flipyap was his brother. Don’t tell me I don’t know Flipyap! Flipyap and I went to Nipple Academy together, and, now, now he’s dead…"I
Grunt Banter

When you have killed a nearby grunt in Halo 3.

Brute ships! Staggered line! Shipmaster, they outnumber us, three to one!"
“Then it is an even fight. All cruisers, fire at will. Burn their mongrel hides!”

“Now’s one of those times, pays to be the strong, silent type.” – Dutch

Sorry i came alone…
Make him proud.

2 days remain

“When I joined the Corps, we didn’t have any fancy smancy tanks! We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock for a whole platoon! And we had to share the rock!”

-Sgt. Avery Johnson

25 hours remain

“That voice in my head… Sounds hot.”

-Halo: Reach Firefight voice John-117

2 hours, 30 minutes remain.

“Our duty, as soldiers, is to protect humanity… whatever the cost.”
-Master Chief
Halo 4