Halo PC source code

there has to be a way to get Microsoft to release Halo 1’s source code. this would likely allow us to save Halo PC.

Maybe there’s no demand for a fix for Halo PC. our servers could go down at any moment and destroy all that is Held dear (Halo CE wise).

this community of Halo players on the PC has survived 11 years and I’ll be -Blammed- before I go down without a fight.

I’m trying to get someone’s attention, and by the forerunners, I will.

Have you tried directly contacting Microsoft or 343i? You’d have a lot better odds than posting on a forum nobody reads.

You know, for some reason I didn’t think of that.
Not exactly my day for thinking clearly.
I think my though process was to create a public outcry or have enough people approve the idea that 343 notices or something.
what can one man do?

where would I do that?

Sadly no one really plays Halo PC anymore. Theres like 10 populated servers and they are all just blood gulch with all vehicles and I hate that so I stopped playing it :frowning:

> You know, for some reason I didn’t think of that.
> Not exactly my day for thinking clearly.
> I think my though process was to create a public outcry or have enough people approve the idea that 343 notices or something.
> what can one man do?

I will be sure to get on Halo PC and make everybody panic enough to do something.

I never understood why MS never just ported CEA over, it wouldn’t be that big of a deal.

I remember playing Halo CE a couple of years back at a buddies house, where would I go to purchase a copy now anyways? I suppose there are no digital copies?

POQ reporting in hahah
And contrary to popular belief, some people still do play halo ce.

> I remember playing Halo CE a couple of years back at a buddies house, where would I go to purchase a copy now anyways? I suppose there are no digital copies?

I got both of my copies at Gamestop, but that was 4 or 5 years ago. I doubt there would be any readily available anymore, though.

Q: What engine is Halo CE built on
A: The Halo Engine

Q: What engine is every other halo game built on (-Yoink- halo wars :P)
A: The Halo Engine

Q: Does that mean that some code is copied over from game to game?
A: That’s right jimmy!

Q: But uncle tom, doesn’t that mean that somebody who has access to the source code has an improved basis on which he can build hacks to circumvent anti-hacking systems in a billion pounds game?
A: Correct!

In other words, NO.

Why 343i does not port Halo CEA to PC? Because it was supposed to be all that more special. When Halo came out, it defined Xbox and made it a big hit. But, I’m all in favor of it on PC. I love Halo CE on PC just as much as I did on Xbox. Bought it on both platforms.

Actually, theres a good amount of people on halo ce on pc, and another good amount of servers on the custom edition :o

If they did this it would be so much easier for CMT (search up CMT SPV3)

Yup halo ce multiplayer is still going…on pc that is. Id gladly pay $60 for ce multiplayer on xbl arcade. C’mon 343 lets go!!!

Please, PLEASE don’t necropost. It’s pointless and a waste of everyone’s time.

i too would like the source code so we can fix some problems with the game, maybe make the multiplayer work faster than 56kbps and generally improve an already great game

> Q: What engine is Halo CE built on
> A: The Halo Engine
>
> Q: What engine is every other halo game built on (-Yoink!- halo wars :P)
> A: The Halo Engine
>
> Q: Does that mean that some code is copied over from game to game?
> A: That’s right jimmy!
>
> Q: But uncle tom, doesn’t that mean that somebody who has access to the source code has an improved basis on which he can build hacks to circumvent anti-hacking systems in a billion pounds game?
> A: Correct!
>
> In other words, NO.

It’s funny, if the engine was open sourced, people actually would be making anti hacks in source ports or could extend the engine to allow that. Fun fact: People have even made unofficial anti-cheats (however they don’t autodownload like in Unreal engine games).

As for OP, just letting you know that the servers won’t be going down any time soon. If GameSpy pulls it, people have actually made alternate master lists, the question remains if the playerbase of pirates will do it however.