Halo on Xbox one X

I’m gonna be getting an Xbox one X next month when I get to my duty station right. So before I lay 400 bucks on a HDR 4K Monitor for the Xbox one X. Is it worth it? If any of you actually do game on one please inform if you notice a difference. I used a 1440p top of the line panel on a Xbox one S and it looked like complete rubbish. So i’m a little nervous about this investment.

I’m gonna be playing Halo so that is my only concern.

I don’t know about Halo 5 specifically but for other games, even MCC, i see a difference.

Now, I have a 4K tv instead of a monitor, and I sit back far enough that I mostly prioritize performance over graphics, but there is a difference. With MCC, you get the HDR benefit, which looks great when you optmize the setting.

If you’re getting a One X, getting some sort of 4K screen is in your best interest. Otherwise, you’d be best off sticking with the One S.

Very recently got an X and a 4K TV. Played a bit of Halo 5 to see the difference and been playing a bunch of Horizon 3. Can confirm, both look incredible :slight_smile: Also, back when the X patch was new, I’d gone to a Microsoft Store. They had Halo 5 running on a relatively large TV and I immediately noticed a difference on the menu screen with Infinity. Colors and all will look relatively the same since HDR was not implemented, but everything looks a lot cleaner and more detailed.

Haven’t tried MCC yet, but will do so soon. Based on YouTube videos, the difference is quite noticeable, probably more so than in 5.

I personally care more about frame rate than graphics. If you’re only playing Halo no it doesn’t sound worth it to me considering H5 and MCC are already 60fps. The only advantage you’ll get is resolution. If you cared about that for other games then I’d say sure it’s worth it but just for Halo? Nah.

Ohhhh MCC supports HDR? Also saying that Halo 5 should also support HDR.

> 2533274824050480;3:
> Very recently got an X and a 4K TV. Played a bit of Halo 5 to see the difference and been playing a bunch of Horizon 3. Can confirm, both look incredible :slight_smile: Also, back when the X patch was new, I’d gone to a Microsoft Store. They had Halo 5 running on a relatively large TV and I immediately noticed a difference on the menu screen with Infinity. Colors and all will look relatively the same since HDR was not implemented, but everything looks a lot cleaner and more detailed.
>
> Haven’t tried MCC yet, but will do so soon. Based on YouTube videos, the difference is quite noticeable, probably more so than in 5.

I also got a 1X pretty recently and just got my new HDR tv. I was surprised that HDR has not been implemented for H5 especially since the MCC supports it.

The graphical difference is more noticeable on some games than others. but overall everything looks amazing especially since I upgraded from 720 to 4k.

> 2717573882290912;6:
> > 2533274824050480;3:
> > Very recently got an X and a 4K TV. Played a bit of Halo 5 to see the difference and been playing a bunch of Horizon 3. Can confirm, both look incredible :slight_smile: Also, back when the X patch was new, I’d gone to a Microsoft Store. They had Halo 5 running on a relatively large TV and I immediately noticed a difference on the menu screen with Infinity. Colors and all will look relatively the same since HDR was not implemented, but everything looks a lot cleaner and more detailed.
> >
> > Haven’t tried MCC yet, but will do so soon. Based on YouTube videos, the difference is quite noticeable, probably more so than in 5.
>
> I also got a 1X pretty recently and just got my new HDR tv. I was surprised that HDR has not been implemented for H5 especially since the MCC supports it.
>
> The graphical difference is more noticeable on some games than others. but overall everything looks amazing especially since I upgraded from 720 to 4k.

No kidding, i’m Going from 2k to 4K so it won’t be too crazy.

The Xbox One X’s full potential is only unleashed in a 4K TV. Anything else and it will simply give us a more consistent 1080P and 60 FPS.

> 2717573882290912;6:
> > 2533274824050480;3:
> > Very recently got an X and a 4K TV. Played a bit of Halo 5 to see the difference and been playing a bunch of Horizon 3. Can confirm, both look incredible :slight_smile: Also, back when the X patch was new, I’d gone to a Microsoft Store. They had Halo 5 running on a relatively large TV and I immediately noticed a difference on the menu screen with Infinity. Colors and all will look relatively the same since HDR was not implemented, but everything looks a lot cleaner and more detailed.
> >
> > Haven’t tried MCC yet, but will do so soon. Based on YouTube videos, the difference is quite noticeable, probably more so than in 5.
>
> I also got a 1X pretty recently and just got my new HDR tv. I was surprised that HDR has not been implemented for H5 especially since the MCC supports it.
>
> The graphical difference is more noticeable on some games than others. but overall everything looks amazing especially since I upgraded from 720 to 4k.

According to Frank, they didn’t implement HDR because of their choice of colors for the game. They weren’t developing the game with the S or X in mind, so implementing HDR now would make stuff look weird.

> 2533274824050480;9:
> > 2717573882290912;6:
> > > 2533274824050480;3:
> > > Very recently got an X and a 4K TV. Played a bit of Halo 5 to see the difference and been playing a bunch of Horizon 3. Can confirm, both look incredible :slight_smile: Also, back when the X patch was new, I’d gone to a Microsoft Store. They had Halo 5 running on a relatively large TV and I immediately noticed a difference on the menu screen with Infinity. Colors and all will look relatively the same since HDR was not implemented, but everything looks a lot cleaner and more detailed.
> > >
> > > Haven’t tried MCC yet, but will do so soon. Based on YouTube videos, the difference is quite noticeable, probably more so than in 5.
> >
> > I also got a 1X pretty recently and just got my new HDR tv. I was surprised that HDR has not been implemented for H5 especially since the MCC supports it.
> >
> > The graphical difference is more noticeable on some games than others. but overall everything looks amazing especially since I upgraded from 720 to 4k.
>
> According to Frank, they didn’t implement HDR because of their choice of colors for the game. They weren’t developing the game with the S or X in mind, so implementing HDR now would make stuff look weird.

Fair enough, I just thought it was a bit curious it lacked HDR support. The game looks really good already.

When I leave Fort Bliss i’ll be picking the system up.

I have Xbox One S for now,so i can’t say how much better it is with X.But i heard that loading is also faster for Xbox One X enchanced games.

Is Halo 5 an Xbox one X enhanced game ?

> 2533274858039249;13:
> Is Halo 5 an Xbox one X enhanced game ?

Yes 4K 60 FPS,faster loading…I saw on YouTube a Digital Foundry video about Halo 5 improvements on Xbox One X and they were really impressed,calling it maybe best enchanced game at the time.

> 2533274858039249;13:
> Is Halo 5 an Xbox one X enhanced game ?

Yes. Even if you don’t have a 4K TV, the console will still maintain a more stable 1080P, perhaps being 1080P every second. I play on the X on a 1080P screen and I still have to notice downgraded visuals from large skirmishes. Amazing and worth it. Just makes me imagine what how it would be in 4K. ^-^

Have 16 days and i’m off fort bliss and going to my base i’ll be back gaming it up hard. I’ll post a review on here after my experience, i’ve gamed on 1080p 165 refresh rate, 1440p 165 refresh rate so this will be 4K with 60 refresh rate since that is as up to date as we can go.