Halo ODST 2 Fan Fic 2nd Idea

Hello everyone, you may have seen my last post on the ODST fan fic I want to write, but I might have a better idea here that will have the ODST atmosphere detailing an ODST squad with a spartan as their leader and , they are sent to a local colony that has rebel activity, they are sent there to flush them out and crush the new rebellion, but the covenant attack and they are forced to work together for their own sake and for the colony, how does that sound?

This actually sounds pretty cool. I think there would need to be some more conflict or reasoning for the rebellion in the first place to make a game but you are definitely on to something

> 2533274973979999;2:
> This actually sounds pretty cool. I think there would need to be some more conflict or reasoning for the rebellion in the first place to make a game but you are definitely on to something

Alright, thanks for the feedback! I’ll definitely include some sort of conflict which caused the rebellion to emerge :slight_smile:

> 2533274832014582;3:
> > 2533274973979999;2:
> > This actually sounds pretty cool. I think there would need to be some more conflict or reasoning for the rebellion in the first place to make a game but you are definitely on to something
>
>
> Alright, thanks for the feedback! I’ll definitely include some sort of conflict which caused the rebellion to emerge :slight_smile:

Sounds good! I look forward to hearing it!

> 2533274973979999;4:
> > 2533274832014582;3:
> > > 2533274973979999;2:
> > > This actually sounds pretty cool. I think there would need to be some more conflict or reasoning for the rebellion in the first place to make a game but you are definitely on to something
> >
> >
> > Alright, thanks for the feedback! I’ll definitely include some sort of conflict which caused the rebellion to emerge :slight_smile:
>
>
> Sounds good! I look forward to hearing it!

I have the main characters written down and I’m currently refreshing on all of the lore, I plan on writing chapter 1 in a few days!

> 2533274832014582;5:
> > 2533274973979999;4:
> > > 2533274832014582;3:
> > > > 2533274973979999;2:
> > > > This actually sounds pretty cool. I think there would need to be some more conflict or reasoning for the rebellion in the first place to make a game but you are definitely on to something
> > >
> > >
> > > Alright, thanks for the feedback! I’ll definitely include some sort of conflict which caused the rebellion to emerge :slight_smile:
> >
> >
> > Sounds good! I look forward to hearing it!
>
>
> I have the main characters written down and I’m currently refreshing on all of the lore, I plan on writing chapter 1 in a few days!

I’ll follow the topic so I get the notification

Since you said “Halo ODST 2”, would your story have any correlation with the H3:ODST game, or would they be entirely independent of each other? Just wondering what part of the timeline you’re feeling like using.

> 2533274828497512;7:
> Since you said “Halo ODST 2”, would your story have any correlation with the H3:ODST game, or would they be entirely independent of each other? Just wondering what part of the timeline you’re feeling like using.

It wouldn’t have any correlation with the H3: ODST game since they already had a book that continued that called Halo New Blood. The story is going to take place between Halo 4 and 5. The first chapter should be don by the end of the week hopefully.

lorjay I read New Blood (liked it, wished it was longer), but I was more wondering if you would be playing off what happened directly after H3:ODST (because there’s a fair amount of open space, as the book shows) or if you were choosing an independent storyline in between H4-5.

Either way, I’m down to check out the chapter, just let us know when it drops

> 2533274828497512;9:
> lorjay I read New Blood (liked it, wished it was longer), but I was more wondering if you would be playing off what happened directly after H3:ODST (because there’s a fair amount of open space, as the book shows) or if you were choosing an independent storyline in between H4-5.
>
> Either way, I’m down to check out the chapter, just let us know when it drops

I was thinking of a independent storyline between Halo 4 and 5 which would include the atmosphere of the original ODST game but with brand new characters and a whole new plot. I already have the first page down just about! I’m going to post the first page right after I type this :smiley:

Okay everyone, I have the main plot down and the first page completed!
Plot: An ODST squad with a spartan as their leader are sent to a local colony that has reported rebel activity, they are sent there to flush them out and crush the new rebellion, but the covenant attack and they are forced to work together for their own sake and for the colony.
First Page:
PROLOGUE

0700 HOURS, MARCH 20, 2558 (MILITARY CALENDAR) UNSC PROWLER, EXCURSIONIST, ORBITING SEDRA

Barry watched in awe as his commanding officer, a spartan by the name of Mark walked by. He has always admired the Spartan program and what the men and women sacrificed in order to become the best of the best. Which is mainly why he never wanted to become a spartan in the first place. Going through the hellish training, getting the augmentations and having his life forever changed. It just wasn’t worth it. Which is why he became an ODST,(Orbital Drop Shock Troopers) the most elite fighting force under the Spartan program. Barry couldn’t be more honored to work alongside someone as important as a Spartan even if they are better than ODST’s in every way. That doesn’t slow him down, hell nothing slows down Barry, he’s the fastest one on the team after the spartan. He even earned a nickname from his fellow squad members and the spartan, his nickname was the scout. Mark gave him a smile and a simple nod as he passed by, Barry couldn’t be more happy with this assignment.
He’s happy to be accepted in his new unit, everyone treated him like an outcast during his ODST training. In training, he was always at the bottom, He was even surprised he was allowed to graduate from training. He sucked at almost everything, shooting, fighting and fitness, except for running and thinking, that’s where he beat everyone. Granted his skills did get better over time, but no where near that of an exceptional soldier. It was probably his speed and his quick thinking skills that got him pass the hellish training. He’s just glad that the training is over, and the fun could begin.
The mission is as follows, secretly monitor all activities on Sedra for any possible insurrectionist uprisings and quickly find the source. Sources have indicated that a possible rebellion my undergo here due to the colonies self reliability capabilities growing overtime since the Human Covenant war broke out. The UNSC(United Nations Space Command) abandoned the outer colony during the war and it was one of the few colonies left unscratched during the war. They survived 25 years with minimal support from the UNSC and therefore they have grown in power. It’s the perfect start up for a insurrection to secede from the UNSC and the UEG (United Earth Government) which could lead to a domino effect causing more colonies to immediately follow suite if Sedra successfully manages to separate from the UEG.
The reason why the UNSC didn’t just send a team of spartans to do the job was because they didn’t want any attention brought to the UNSC, they aren’t supposed to be here. Which is why ODST’s are perfectly suited for undercover work, while as a spartan is very noticeable to the public eye, the augmentations make way for incredible differences in the human appearance so Mark has been appointed team leader and will only engage hostiles when the mission calls for it and will remain on the ship for the majority of the mission. 3 ODST’s will be sent down to the surface to blend in with the general public and survey the area for any rebel activity. Once the central base of operations is located, the ODST’s will be recalled and Immediately dropped along with the spartan right into the base of operations and annihilate any rebel resistance.

This is just the first page, not much happens but it’s a start, I havent been able to write much because of some events that have been happening in life, but I should be able to write more soon! :smiley:

lorjay Not a bad start, it’s certainly a good enough premise. Other than some choices of diction, I think you’re doing well. I would consider adding an ONI attache’ to the team though, because undercover/spy work is their whole life, while ODSTs are more suited to direct action and distant recon. Still, I’m down to see what develops.

> 2533274828497512;12:
> lorjay Not a bad start, it’s certainly a good enough premise. Other than some choices of diction, I think you’re doing well. I would consider adding an ONI attache’ to the team though, because undercover/spy work is their whole life, while ODSTs are more suited to direct action and distant recon. Still, I’m down to see what develops.

Something like they are going to meet up with an ONI agent currently on the planet?

lorjay You can decide how you want it done (before or after, planned or unplanned, etc.), but I think that it would be a good addition because ONI is all about counterinsurgency. With that in mind, I’d suggest using H3:ODST as inspiration (like how Dare interacted with Alpha-Nine), but make sure to include enough differences that your story is your own and not just transplanting theirs into yours.

that sound awesome