Halo? Not really...

Auto aim and bullet magnetism… remove it. Agreed?

As a player of Halo since the original release I can say that it is always offered a unique gameplay experience unmatched by any other. Sadly to say this is not the case with Halo 5.
<div>But I have experience with Halo 5 beta, is that 343 industries is attempting to reinvent halo in an online multiplayerin the oddest way possible by mimicking other first person shooters.</div><div>
they have removed all the aspects of the game that made it worth playingfor hours on end. Things such as; an advantage to knowing the map, having reliable friends to play with who communicate well,knowing how and when to use power weapons, being able to anticipate enemy movements,being able to stay on target through practice or inherent skill.

I understand that new players must be acquired and the only way to do that is to make them good enough at the game and make it “fun” but in so doing 343 as and will alienate their loyal players and long-term fans of the series.

I, for one, may purchase halo 5 in its current condition, just to continue the Halo story; but will not be playing any matchmaking (though that term is misused since H2 ranking) and will never be inspired to purchase DLC content.</div>

bullet magnetism yes

Yeah same here, I have seen this posted a lot to be honest, I think a lot of people feel the same way.

Aim assist is way low compared to other Halo games. I was playing Halo 2A campaign today and my crosshairs were practically following a phantom. The bullet magnetism is a bit too high, especially with the sniper. And for the last time, 343 did not copy CoD or any other mpdern shooter.

it is very similar to CoD. The flow of gameplay is practically identical. I know im only getting halo 5 for campaign as well.

> 2533274832290972;4:
> And for the last time, 343 did not copy CoD or any other mpdern shooter.

Whatever you say, doc.

> 2535460843083983;6:
> > 2533274832290972;4:
> > And for the last time, 343 did not copy CoD or any other mpdern shooter.
>
>
> Whatever you say, doc.

Saw that vid before. Crazy when seen side by side. Actually sad for any FPS fan. I miss diversity. I remember jumping around games like 13, Halo 2, and Rainbow Six 3. Developers/Publishers are now sticking to a fairly similar formula.

> 2535460843083983;6:
> > 2533274832290972;4:
> > And for the last time, 343 did not copy CoD or any other mpdern shooter.
>
>
> Whatever you say, doc.

So you think Halo is copying AW? That’s saying 343 basically created, designed and balanced the whole core gameplay within a few months. See how ridiculous that sounds? In reality both CoD AW and Halo 5 have been in development for years, and they only got revealed middle to late 2014. There is no way in hell 343 directly took things from a game that launched in November. It happens to be a coincidence. CoD AW wasnt even the first game, let alone franchise to feature things like sprint, ADS, and boosts. So please, maybe think logically next time.

You CANNOT remove aim assist from Halo. Have you ever tried shooting your teammates? Very difficult. Bullet magnetism, sure, but not aim assist.

> 2533274832290972;8:
> > 2535460843083983;6:
> > > 2533274832290972;4:
> > > And for the last time, 343 did not copy CoD or any other mpdern shooter.
> >
> >
> >
> > Whatever you say, doc.
>
>
> So you think Halo is copying AW? That’s saying 343 basically created, designed and balanced the whole core gameplay within a few months. See how ridiculous that sounds? In reality both CoD AW and Halo 5 have been in development for years, and they only got revealed middle to late 2014. There is no way in hell 343 directly took things from a game that launched in November. It happens to be a coincidence. CoD AW wasnt even the first game, let alone franchise to feature things like sprint, ADS, and boosts. So please, maybe think logically next time.

You’re right, there is no logical way that someone working on AW could have come to work for 343 after seeing the designs being implemented. Impossible!

blah blah blah, “ive been with halo since day one just like every other person” blah blah blah, that doesnt count for anything, thats straight now. i personally dont remmeber why i ever really like the older halos, they are too slow and boring. i mean fun with a few friends but that is anygame. i do agree for SOME weapons remove the aim assist and magnetism like the BR, make it a “skill” weapon likr its always been, it never has been and until it removes all aim assist and magnetism it will be a noob weapon.

blah blah blah, “ive been with halo since day one just like every other person” blah blah blah, that doesnt count for anything, thats straight now. i personally dont remmeber why i ever really like the older halos, they are too slow and boring. i mean fun with a few friends but that is anygame. i do agree for SOME weapons remove the aim assist and magnetism like the BR, make it a “skill” weapon likr its always been, it never has been and until it removes all aim assist and magnetism it will be a noob weapon.

> 2626429604133709;1:
> Auto aim and bullet magnetism… remove it. Agreed?
>
> As a player of Halo since the original release I can say that it is always offered a unique gameplay experience unmatched by any other. Sadly to say this is not the case with Halo 5.
> <div>But I have experience with Halo 5 beta, is that 343 industries is attempting to reinvent halo in an online multiplayerin the oddest way possible by mimicking other first person shooters.</div><div>
> they have removed all the aspects of the game that made it worth playingfor hours on end. Things such as; an advantage to knowing the map, having reliable friends to play with who communicate well,knowing how and when to use power weapons, being able to anticipate enemy movements,being able to stay on target through practice or inherent skill.
>
> I understand that new players must be acquired and the only way to do that is to make them good enough at the game and make it “fun” but in so doing 343 as and will alienate their loyal players and long-term fans of the series.
>
> I, for one, may purchase halo 5 in its current condition, just to continue the Halo story; but will not be playing any matchmaking (though that term is misused since H2 ranking) and will never be inspired to purchase DLC content.</div>

you hit it on the head my friend, i agree with your points, but i wont buy halo 5 if its in this current cod state. i may rent it or borrow it from someone to play the story, but buying it tells 343i they are doing the right thing by making halo a generic dude bro twitch shooter ala cod. most of 343i developers are former cod devs, only 5 employees at 343i are former bungie.

I can agree. Either you give ALL physical weapons headshot properties or you remove bullet magnetism. If with a AR I am supposed to jump and duck and pray my opponent misses my head as I spend a overly long time chipping away at his health, the last thing I need is him getting a free headshot when he would have missed.

The beta has 99 problems but the aim assist isnt one.

It’s practically non-existent.

> 2533274832290972;8:
> > 2535460843083983;6:
> > > 2533274832290972;4:
> > > And for the last time, 343 did not copy CoD or any other mpdern shooter.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Whatever you say, doc.
>
>
>
> So you think Halo is copying AW? That’s saying 343 basically created, designed and balanced the whole core gameplay within a few months. See how ridiculous that sounds? In reality both CoD AW and Halo 5 have been in development for years, and they only got revealed middle to late 2014. There is no way in hell 343 directly took things from a game that launched in November. It happens to be a coincidence. CoD AW wasnt even the first game, let alone franchise to feature things like sprint, ADS, and boosts. So please, maybe think logically next time.

I’m not saying anything. The similarities are there in the video. It doesn’t matter who did what first.