Halo nightfall free with MCC?

The cover of Halo MCC suggests that you get halo nightfall for free with MCC. However when i click on the tab that says halo nightfall in MCC it takes me to the halo channel. In the halo channel it says that i need to buy halo nightfall off the Microsoft store.

i’d like someone to tell me if this wasn’t meant to happen or maybe i just misinterpreted the cover off MCC. And if it wasn’t meant to happen, how can i fix it.

Dug into this and found the problem. Turns out it happened to me too. The Nightfall add on just somehow got uninstalled (or if it’s new, it may just need to be installed manually). Follow these steps:

1. Go to “My games & apps”
  2. Go to “Apps”
  3. Go to Halo Channel and select “Manage app”
  4. Go down to “Ready to install” and Nightfall should be there
  5. (Re-)Install it

Another thing could be there is actually one of those 16 digit codes you have to enter. I think I had to do that for it to play. Look around on some of the stuff that came with the game.

I own the digital copy of MCC and never had any problems with nightfall. According to this MCC employee you should of received a card to redeem with your copy of MCC.

“c) Redeemed Nightfall code: If you have a physical copy of MCC, you received an insert in the case, a small cardboard card with a 5x5 code on it, that can be redeemed for the Nightfall content. Having MCC installed doesn’t automatically grant Nightfall.”

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/4b66b79375424f41add6422ddef89ffb/topics/halo-nightfall-not-working/88087f68-376e-4b2e-b2b2-1d84d9ec37f2/posts

If you’ve redeemed your code and are still getting an error message, you should contact Xbox support.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/contact-us#3:1:4

They can see if your code has been redeemed and has been attached to your account and can manually link it to your gamertag.

If you bought the game brand new and the insert wasn’t in the box, then you should take it up with the store that sold it to you. Otherwise, If you bought the game second-hand then, as far as I know, there is nothing you can do. Try YouTube.

So I have nightfall…and MCC…and Halo 5, all installed. Every time I try to play nightfall episodes through the halo channel, it gives me an error and says that any episode cannot be played. What gives??? I really wish it worked…I wanted those armor unlocks :confused:

> 2533274826593125;5:
> So I have nightfall…and MCC…and Halo 5, all installed. Every time I try to play nightfall episodes through the halo channel, it gives me an error and says that any episode cannot be played. What gives??? I really wish it worked…I wanted those armor unlocks :confused:

343i are aware of the issue and are looking into it.Also, just so you are aware, it is against the forum rules to revive dead threads.

As noted above ^