Halo: New Blood

Right, I know it’s not a big deal and all, and I don’t mind owning it digitally if I have no other choice (although I don’t yet own a Kindle…), but what are the chances of Halo: New Blood getting a physical release? I ask because I physically own every, and I mean EVERY, Halo game, novel, comic and film to date, and wanted to add this to my collection.

Also, Buck possibly becoming a Spartan-IV?! Thoughts on that? Think he’ll accept?
I would also TOTALLY be down for an ODST sequel headlined by Buck and Palmer, both ODST-turned-Spartans (if Buck accepts, that is). I feel like Palmer is an interesting character and deserving of her own ODST/Reach-style spinoff, and not another twin stick simulation-type Spartan Assault game.

Nathan Fillion voiced one of the Spartan-IVs in the Halo 5 Multiplayer Beta and at the time I assumed it was just a cool easter egg. Not too long after that however, they announced the new book which would involve Edward Buck and the Spartan-IV program. I’m pretty sure this means that the Spartan-IV in Halo 5 was/is Edward Buck. I also hope they release a print version as well.

They will release a print version. :slight_smile:

dude…Mal as a Spartan? that’s totally Awesome!!

> 2533274813045392;1:
> Right, I know it’s not a big deal and all, and I don’t mind owning it digitally if I have no other choice (although I don’t yet own a Kindle…), but what are the chances of Halo: New Blood getting a physical release? I ask because I physically own every, and I mean EVERY, Halo game, novel, comic and film to date, and wanted to add this to my collection.
>
> Also, Buck possibly becoming a Spartan-IV?! Thoughts on that? Think he’ll accept?
> I would also TOTALLY be down for an ODST sequel headlined by Buck and Palmer, both ODST-turned-Spartans (if Buck accepts, that is). I feel like Palmer is an interesting character and deserving of her own ODST/Reach-style spinoff, and not another twin stick simulation-type Spartan Assault game.

Ya, I hope there is a physical edition of the book, it’s why I buy Halo also and to add to my collection. Plus I love reading the physical book, can’t stand the Kindles that much or slates or IPads. I also agree with you last point about Palmer, that would be cool! Even if I’m not fond of that character at all, another Halo game and not twin stick with or for her would be cool.

I buy everything Halo-related physically. I’d hate to not have this sitting on my shelf.

> 2533274834210712;3:
> They will release a print version. :slight_smile:

Source?

> 2533274813045392;1:
> Right, I know it’s not a big deal and all, and I don’t mind owning it digitally if I have no other choice (although I don’t yet own a Kindle…), but what are the chances of Halo: New Blood getting a physical release? I ask because I physically own every, and I mean EVERY, Halo game, novel, comic and film to date, and wanted to add this to my collection.
>
> Also, Buck possibly becoming a Spartan-IV?! Thoughts on that? Think he’ll accept?
> I would also TOTALLY be down for an ODST sequel headlined by Buck and Palmer, both ODST-turned-Spartans (if Buck accepts, that is). I feel like Palmer is an interesting character and deserving of her own ODST/Reach-style spinoff, and not another twin stick simulation-type Spartan Assault game.

I think it would be more interesting to see if the two have any history- if they ever met or trained together. It’s a long shot, considering this is a force likely numbering in the thousands, but it would be interesting.

> 2533274813045392;1:
> Right, I know it’s not a big deal and all, and I don’t mind owning it digitally if I have no other choice (although I don’t yet own a Kindle…), but what are the chances of Halo: New Blood getting a physical release? I ask because I physically own every, and I mean EVERY, Halo game, novel, comic and film to date, and wanted to add this to my collection.
>
> Also, Buck possibly becoming a Spartan-IV?! Thoughts on that? Think he’ll accept?
> I would also TOTALLY be down for an ODST sequel headlined by Buck and Palmer, both ODST-turned-Spartans (if Buck accepts, that is). I feel like Palmer is an interesting character and deserving of her own ODST/Reach-style spinoff, and not another twin stick simulation-type Spartan Assault game.

I think doing what you described above would be the appropriate way to continue with Spartan: Ops. My main problem with Spartan ops was that it felt like the story was almost completely disjointed from the gameplay. If they make those characters part of your squad and focus the narrative around your team it would be so much better.

> 2533274904944768;7:
> > 2533274834210712;3:
> > They will release a print version. :slight_smile:
>
>
> Source?

It was implied in the announcement article:

> Halo: New Blood, a new digital-first short novel by Matt Forbeck coming March 2, 2015

So, there’s no official source for a print version, but “digital-first” does imply one will come.

> 2533274813012755;10:
> > 2533274904944768;7:
> > > 2533274834210712;3:
> > > They will release a print version. :slight_smile:
> >
> >
> >
> > Source?
>
>
>
> It was implied in the announcement article:
>
>
>
> > Halo: New Blood, a new digital-first short novel by Matt Forbeck coming March 2, 2015
>
>
> So, there’s no official source for a print version, but “digital-first” does imply one will come.

Oh, right, that.

I was hoping for something a bit more solid >.>

> 2533274904944768;11:
> > 2533274813012755;10:
> > > 2533274904944768;7:
> > > > 2533274834210712;3:
> > > > They will release a print version. :slight_smile:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Source?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > It was implied in the announcement article:
> >
> >
> >
> > > Halo: New Blood, a new digital-first short novel by Matt Forbeck coming March 2, 2015
> >
> >
> >
> > So, there’s no official source for a print version, but “digital-first” does imply one will come.
>
>
> Oh, right, that.
>
> I was hoping for something a bit more solid >.>

Wish I could give you a proper source, believe me. I much prefer print to digital, and I may end up getting two copies of New Blood (digital so I can read it when it comes out, and then a print copy later).

Will be interested to see if buck was one of the initial 145 spartan IVs or a completely new batch.

I already bought mine digitally so come midnight on the second its mine. But I agree I would rather have paper in hand than have to state at a computer screen to be able to read a book. Maybe I am a bit old fashioned but the feel of paper just makes that stories better for me.

> 2533274855928398;14:
> I already bought mine digitally so come midnight on the second its mine. But I agree I would rather have paper in hand than have to state at a computer screen to be able to read a book. Maybe I am a bit old fashioned but the feel of paper just makes that stories better for me.

I totally agree. The smell and texture of print is one of the best experiences of reading. Old fashioned or not, you can’t help but stick your nose in between the pages of a book and smell the dusty roses. Plus it’s always just nice to have an actual, physical example of something that you own. I’ll take my collection of first editions over a digital library any day. To hell with them youngsters and their technologic.

Does anyone know if they’re releasing it digitally for a version that supports e-readers outside of Kindle? I have a kobo that can use epubs/mobi files (among other formats). Can I purchase it through that?

I think publishers need to take a step forward and start including codes for digital versions in their physical releases.

> 2641173531478834;17:
> I think publishers need to take a step forward and start including codes for digital versions in their physical releases.

This really is best case scenario. Or even offer a cheaper paperback, and include the digital download code in hardback versions.

> 2533274796856863;18:
> > 2641173531478834;17:
> > I think publishers need to take a step forward and start including codes for digital versions in their physical releases.
>
>
> This really is best case scenario. Or even offer a cheaper paperback, and include the digital download code in hardback versions.

Agreed, best case scenario by far

I won’t be buying it unless it comes out in physical. I don’t like and won’t be forced into digital eBooks, it’s just not the same.