Halo needs to return to its roots

Halo needs return to its roots to be successful again 343 has tried to fix something that’s wasn’t broke and in the process broke it I understand trying new things and I give 343 credit for that but it’s not really working it’s time for halo to go back to how it was.

I’ve been sort of saying it needs to return to it’s roots since 4 came out since the games have been getting worse for a while, I’m hoping Halo Infinite makes the series back to being fun, less stressful. Plus I miss the dark tone of the first game, the gore, etc…

Can only hope. Bring back the core of Halo with additions.

DOOM has proven that you don’t need gimmicky mechanics such as sprint and Aiming Down Sights to make a popular, succesful and fun game. Halo should learn a thing or two from it’s self.

> 2533274883108544;4:
> DOOM has proven that you don’t need gimmicky mechanics such as sprint and Aiming Down Sights to make a popular, succesful and fun game. Halo should learn a thing or two from it’s self.

Yeah, it just needs double jumps, dash dodges, clamber, a chargeable super punch, weapon upgrades, suit upgrades, gimic based boss battles, and Mario style platforming. You know, like the original doom games…

It’s all kind of a moot point now. The direction for this title has long been determined, and everyone’s gonna have to accept it for what it is come November.

That being said, everything we’ve seen so far suggests a more grounded campaign. The visual style and setting being on an actual Halo is a lot to be both assured and excited about.

Multiplayer is what we’ll have to see about.

> 2533274860752574;6:
> It’s all kind of a moot point now. The direction for this title has long been determined, and everyone’s gonna have to accept it for what it is come November.
>
> That being said, everything we’ve seen so far suggests a more grounded campaign. The visual style and setting being on an actual Halo is a lot to be both assured and excited about.
>
> Multiplayer is what we’ll have to see about.

Regardless if they have X or Y feature or don’t have X or Y feature, if I find the gameplay to be fun then that’s all there is to it for me. They can have sprint, drop sprint, keep thrusters or leave them, bring back fall damage and health packs or keep them out, or just whatever else - I’m not that terribly concerned about the specifics, just if it’s fun. And I found most of the games to be fun for one reason or another but H2A and 5 are currently my top picks (And boy howdy, MYTHIC SLAYER was an amazing playlist. If Infinite’s anything like that, I’d be one happy clam)

I do think that the previously shown content shows they are considering that route.

We look at the designs of the terrain from trailers and it already has that massive, expansive vibe. There has been also a considerable amount of hiring for this project as well which includes former pros.

I do agree in following the roots but we shouldn’t be stagnant. I believe Halo 5 had some things correct such as removing armor abilities to give equal playing field. Now it is a matter of ensuring those added features contribute positively.

I’m curious as to what exactly you feel is making Halo 5 a worse entry from a gameplay perspective. From the campaign point of view, I agree 100%.

> 2533274883108544;4:
> DOOM has proven that you don’t need gimmicky mechanics such as sprint and Aiming Down Sights to make a popular, succesful and fun game. Halo should learn a thing or two from it’s self.

Sure maybe, though Doom reboot isn’t perfect since Battlemode is awful. I just hope Halo, Doom both learn from their roots and go back to what originally made them popular in the first place.

> 2533274829873463;9:
> > 2533274883108544;4:
> > DOOM has proven that you don’t need gimmicky mechanics such as sprint and Aiming Down Sights to make a popular, succesful and fun game. Halo should learn a thing or two from it’s self.
>
> Sure maybe, though Doom reboot isn’t perfect since Battlemode is awful. I just hope Halo, Doom both learn from their roots and go back to what originally made them popular in the first place.

i agree that Doom **ETERNAL’**s Battlemode was pure MP garbage and was a wasted potential. Doom (2016) really was a return to their roots and critically publicly acclaimed as such, so we can’t really say they should go back to their roots if that game did so.

Overall, after playing 200 hours of Halo 5, i still enjoy it, but i keep coming back to the MCC as it just feels overall better, enjoyable and memorable. Here’s hoping it’s what we all want our of 343 and Halo on the 23rd

A ballsy move would be no sprint or ADS. I would be a happy grunt.

> 2533274825160595;5:
> > 2533274883108544;4:
> > DOOM has proven that you don’t need gimmicky mechanics such as sprint and Aiming Down Sights to make a popular, succesful and fun game. Halo should learn a thing or two from it’s self.
>
> Yeah, it just needs double jumps, dash dodges, clamber, a chargeable super punch, weapon upgrades, suit upgrades, gimic based boss battles, and Mario style platforming. You know, like the original doom games…

Yeah, my comment was ill thought out. I was only thinking from the lack of sprint and ADS side.

> 2669991207666119;10:
> > 2533274829873463;9:
> > > 2533274883108544;4:
> > > DOOM has proven that you don’t need gimmicky mechanics such as sprint and Aiming Down Sights to make a popular, succesful and fun game. Halo should learn a thing or two from it’s self.
> >
> > Sure maybe, though Doom reboot isn’t perfect since Battlemode is awful. I just hope Halo, Doom both learn from their roots and go back to what originally made them popular in the first place.
>
> i agree that Doom **ETERNAL’**s Battlemode was pure MP garbage and was a wasted potential. Doom (2016) really was a return to their roots and critically publicly acclaimed as such, so we can’t really say they should go back to their roots if that game did so.
>
> Overall, after playing 200 hours of Halo 5, i still enjoy it, but i keep coming back to the MCC as it just feels overall better, enjoyable and memorable. Here’s hoping it’s what we all want our of 343 and Halo on the 23rd

Well D16 was a decent game but it wasn’t perfect, I sort of liked the DM for Doom 16 but wasn’t a fan of the loadout’s and lack of online 4 player coop, which the original had…still a great game.

Halo 5 on the other hands I stopped counting how many hours I put into it but anyway I stopped playing that about a year ago after I maxed the rank, mainly stopped since hated it, saw it as the worst Halo in the series and now I’ve been mostly playing MCC instead. I doubt 343i can please everyone when it comes to the future of Halo, it may sound selfish but I’d rather Infinite not play anything like Halo 4,5.

> 2533274823699327;11:
> A ballsy move would be no sprint or ADS. I would be a happy grunt.

If the zoom animations are aesthetic-only, I’d see no problem with them removing it. I actually kinda thought they looked neat. That being said I won’t lose any sleep over the mechanic staying either - as long as it stays the heck off of melee weapons >_> That’s where I (personally) draw the line.

I’m pretty sure that the gameplay is going to be like 5 sadly but maybe it will work