Halo needs to learn from Titanfall (Servers + JIP)

So, Halo needs to learn off of Titanfall, for two separate reasons

1. Server selection
    In Titanfall you can pick the server you want to connect to.
    So you know you won’t have a 5000ms ping.
    Please add this.
    Us in the EU and Australia are dying from this.
  2. Joining in Progress.
    In Titanfall, if you JIP a game, your competitive rank won’t be effected.
    This would work SO WELL in Arena.
    Someone quit?
    That’s ok, get someone to mid-game join, but their CSR isn’t affected (effected? affected?)
    Please add this too.

I agree that titanfall’s JIP is completely fine, but I think 343 is listening to the people who get unreasonably mad about JIP in ANY mode, no matter if it’s ranked or not.

My idea: give people an option to turn off JIP in all playlists, if they want. then if anyone still complains about it being in the game, ignore them.

Omg i thought you meant like wall running and random multiplayer campaign and even calling down a mantis from space…

> 2533274859755618;2:
> My idea: give people an option to turn off JIP in all playlists, if they want. then if anyone still complains about it being in the game, ignore them.

This is a great idea.
Except, some people would turn it off for everything…

> 2535409103705542;3:
> Omg i thought you meant like wall running and random multiplayer campaign and even calling down a mantis from space…

I didn’t…
But that would be -yoink-ing awesome!
(The mantis bit anyway…)

> 2535409103705542;3:
> … calling down a mantis from space

Would love to see that in Warzone lol

> 2533274859755618;2:
> I agree that titanfall’s JIP is completely fine, but I think 343 is listening to the people who get unreasonably mad about JIP in ANY mode, no matter if it’s ranked or not.
>
> My idea: give people an option to turn off JIP in all playlists, if they want. then if anyone still complains about it being in the game, ignore them.

Yeah thats the biggest problem, even if they are a JIP, they will probably quit too. I would agree on JIP being an option. I wouldn’t mind joining a losing battle. If the match is almost over and I tried my best to help, free req points :smiley:

> 2533274873954403;6:
> > 2535409103705542;3:
> > … calling down a mantis from space
>
>
> Would love to see that in Warzone lol

Level up and save your req points to call down a mantis. Have it land on Warden Eternal and watch his hp go to half immediately.

> 2533274873954403;6:
> > 2535409103705542;3:
> > … calling down a mantis from space
>
>
> Would love to see that in Warzone lol

“Help we’re losing”
Golden (corp) Mantis drops from the sky!

> 2533274924290830;5:
> > 2535409103705542;3:
> > Omg i thought you meant like wall running and random multiplayer campaign and even calling down a mantis from space…
>
>
> I didn’t…
> But that would be -yoink-ing awesome!
> (The mantis bit anyway…)

Yeah i know you didn’t, it’s just the title of your forum post that freaked me out. I don’t know much about where or what servers they use to host the games, but it beats someone else hosting a game and then lagging out and we have to wait for 2 minutes for a new host…

> 2535409103705542;10:
> > 2533274924290830;5:
> > > 2535409103705542;3:
> > > Omg i thought you meant like wall running and random multiplayer campaign and even calling down a mantis from space…
> >
> >
> > I didn’t…
> > But that would be -yoink-ing awesome!
> > (The mantis bit anyway…)
>
>
> Yeah i know you didn’t, it’s just the title of your forum post that freaked me out. I don’t know much about where or what servers they use to host the games, but it beats someone else hosting a game and then lagging out and we have to wait for 2 minutes for a new host…

The issue for us EU players, if we try and play past 9pm GMT (I believe 4pm EST), we get connected to US servers all the time, cause they’re being used more.
So our ping is terrible, so we are terrible.
In Titanfall, you could select the server you wanted to connect to, regardless of time of day.