Halo needs more board games

So I’ve begun developing ideas for one focused around ODSTs. Does anyone know a good site or place to go to get cardboard cutouts for characters or boards made?

> 2533274830324810;1:
> So I’ve begun developing ideas for one focused around ODSTs. Does anyone know a good site or place to go to get cardboard cutouts for characters or boards made?

I didn’t even know there were board games. Is chess one of them?

I’ve been kicking around some ideas too and definitely think Halo board games (outside of ground command as it is no longer being made) would be fun. I plan D&D and think a RPG game could work or other tabletop games like WarHammer’s Kill team would be a lot of fun with the right people. As for characters and boards Mega Construx figures could be a good option for figs as they are customizable and possible. For Boards it depends on what type of game you’re going for. In D&D we use 3D printed terrain piece to create environments such as caves or taverns and so far it has been working nice. Look into open-lock designs for examples of that. This would be great for environment like ships and bases as it gives the game play more liveliness but is not the best for open areas as it gets to be a lot of work. For larger flat areas I’ve also seen come generic mats you can get for grass and streets.

Sorry for the long post but this is something i’d love to see become more popular.

> 2533274830324810;1:
> So I’ve begun developing ideas for one focused around ODSTs. Does anyone know a good site or place to go to get cardboard cutouts for characters or boards made?

Why not just make them yourself? If you can’t draw, print stuff. It’s what I do. Like our fellow Spartan bob379 here, I play D&D. Though, admittedly, never a Halo one. (Which does sound pretty sweet) Whenever I DM I just print out maps of places, draw in a grid, and glue it to a mat that’s literally just made out of the wall of a cardboard box. It’s cheap, easy and based on this design you can pretty much make a board for any purpose.

For characters it’s the same thing, just print out an image you want, glue it to cardboard, and cut out around it. If needed, when you download the image, resize it using photoshop or hell, I think MS Paint allows you to resize things. If you don’t got either, there are plenty of websites out there you can use to do it for free. Just be careful where you go, make sure the site has a positive reputation.

The best part, let’s say it’s not a D&D game wer’re talking about, let’s say it’s a dice-and-turn based game. You can still print out the stuff. If you want a custom design, tell someone who has an artistic skill. I’m sure there’s plenty of people willing to help, and some even for free. Alternatively, you can try it yourself. Its still just a grid, afterall. Any images just are there to make it look nicer, but filling in blocks with colors is just as effective.

Your imagination is what limits you when creating any sort of board game, really. So just DIY it and go crazy. You can’t say you’ve failed if you never even gave it a shot.

> 2533275001522797;2:
> > 2533274830324810;1:
> > So I’ve begun developing ideas for one focused around ODSTs. Does anyone know a good site or place to go to get cardboard cutouts for characters or boards made?
>
> I didn’t even know there were board games. Is chess one of them?

I know that a Risk version of Halo exists. Has the UNSC, Covenant, Flood and a whole new map.