Halo needs an in-game voting feature.

I’m not talking about voting for maps and gametypes in matchmaking. I’m talking about voting on important in-game issues and potential changes… like the removal of bloom, or the inclusion of Armor Lock in a playlist.

The ESPN app on the Xbox allows you to vote for the team you think will win in a game you’re watching, so it shouldn’t be too hard to add in a polling option to the next Halo game. It’d be very useful for determining what to patch/add/remove/update in the game.

I’m just tired of Bungie disregarding what people have to say on their forums because they “don’t reflect the opinion of the majority”. 343 has a chance to win back the masses, and a feature like this that says “We’re listening to you!” would be very welcomed.

> I’m not talking about voting for maps and gametypes in matchmaking. I’m talking about voting on important in-game issues and potential changes… like the removal of bloom, or the inclusion of Armor Lock in a playlist.
>
> The ESPN app on the Xbox allows you to vote for the team you think will win in a game you’re watching, so it shouldn’t be too hard to add in a polling option to the next Halo game. It’d be very useful for determining what to patch/add/remove/update in the game.
>
> I’m just tired of Bungie disregarding what people have to say on their forums because they “don’t reflect the opinion of the majority”. 343 has a chance to win back the masses, and a feature like this that says “We’re listening to you!” would be very welcomed.

this.

I just think we will see that what we are asking for is not just part of the community.

No, because everyone would vote to keep things the way they are, and you’ll end up crying yourself to sleep.

Actually, it would probably be a really good idea if it were used the correct way. They already have the screens that pop-up when you boot up the game to give you certain information. It would be pretty easy to add a few options to at the very least gain feedback.

Example:
There has been a lot of talk about armour lock being overpowered, how do you feel about it?
X = It’s too powerful Y = It’s just fine A = I have no preference

What would NOT work:
What do you think is a good secondary weapon for Arena Slayer?
X = Assault rifle Y = Pistol A = I have no preference

It wouldn’t work for the second example because not everyone plays arena, therefore not everyone can give an accurate vote.

Like I said, it couldn’t hurt to at least get the statistics. Doesn’t mean they would have to promise any changes. Anyone agree?