Halo needs a new developer

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not make nonconstructive posts.</mark>

I dont understand how anyone can call the crap 343 is making halo?The beta was garbage I tried getting into it but the whole thing is wrong .Halo used to be cool but now its become a parody of its former self.Thier characters are generic halo 4 story fits star wars more than halo in my opinion .Now we have Josh Holmes who worked on Turok and when I say Turok I mean the worst Turok ever made .Not the cool one like Turok evolution but the one that killed the franchise. Halo is now like every FPS out now so why should I get halo 5 just because it says halo? Then you make nightfall and its not even like halo.Then I hear halo will last 30 more years!!!Really??I dont see it making past halo 5 Unless someone new takes over.The community feed back isnt even close to being like bungie its like a wasteland in here.You dont have to agree with me every fan has thier own opinions.But I ask where do I go to play halo like it was before definitely not the master chief collection thiers not even a file browser in it even if the game worked.Was this done on purpose so the game would die out quicker so fans would be ready for halo 5?Give this franchise to Certain Affinity it would be the closest thing to the old bungie will ever get.I keep looking at my P.O.S. xbox one and wonder when I will get the same experience the 360 gave me?No Man Sky is the only game I see that the developers look like they actually care about thier game in other words thier not making it to fill thier quota.I ask this to any fans of this new direction can you convince me that halo 5 is going to be any good???and I dont mean equal starts but is thier anything ground breaking with this game? Dont tell me about it being more competitive I’ve been lied to enuf by pros who are probably paid off to pump everyone up for this game. Way to sell your soul guys.

That could be like 2 or 3 paragraphs.

Valve and certain affinity could both make a better halo. Maybe even blizzard could do better.

> 2533274828579555;2:
> That could be like 2 or 3 paragraphs.

Let me ask you do i get a passing grade teacher?You didn’t give me a grade ?Also that could be two or three instead of 2 or 3.

> 2533274846813479;4:
> > 2533274828579555;2:
> > That could be like 2 or 3 paragraphs.
>
>
> Let me ask you do i get a passing grade teacher?You didn’t give me a grade ?Also that could be two or three instead of 2 or 3.

A- for effort. However, when consulting my professional opinion I’d have to give you a B- or C+. Punctuation may need a little refining as well.

But, I’m feeling merciful today. Turn this in as a rough draft, I’ll mark it up, and then except a final draft later on this week.

> 2533274828579555;5:
> > 2533274846813479;4:
> > > 2533274828579555;2:
> > > That could be like 2 or 3 paragraphs.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Let me ask you do i get a passing grade teacher?You didn’t give me a grade ?Also that could be two or three instead of 2 or 3.
>
>
>
> A- for effort. However, when consulting my professional opinion I’d have to give you a B- or C+. Punctuation may need a little refining as well.
>
> But, I’m feeling merciful today. Turn this in as a rough draft, I’ll mark it up, and then except a final draft later on this week.

Thank you I can respect that and I will do better next time.Let me know if I screw up any more.

I find it odd how you think anything would fundamentally change with a new developer. Microsoft is still running this show, calling the shots on when a game ships and so on. Remember, this is the same company who when 343 showed them a campaign level from Halo 4 they said it “Looked like Halo” as if it were a BAD thing. But everybody is an expert at game development and business, so who am I to argue?

> 2533274977797582;3:
> Valve and certain affinity could both make a better halo. Maybe even blizzard could do better.

blizzard is indeed coming out with an arena shooter called Overwatch. Check it out:

I would keep 343. They have shown themselves more competent with Halo’s lore, story and canon with one game than bungie did with their entire career. There are very few companies I feel could keep this par of storytelling- BioWare being perhaps the only one that comes to mind right now who have shown themselves able to craft a story and world with interesting characters, deep history and a cast I actually care for.

> 2533274830783389;8:
> > 2533274977797582;3:
> > Valve and certain affinity could both make a better halo. Maybe even blizzard could do better.
>
>
> blizzard is indeed coming out with an arena shooter called Overwatch. Check it out:
>
> Overwatch

I saw the reveal for that, it looked awful.

> 2533274904944768;9:
> I would keep 343. They have shown themselves more competent with Halo’s lore, story and canon with one game than bungie did with their entire career. There are very few companies I feel could keep this par of storytelling- BioWare being perhaps the only one that comes to mind right now who have shown themselves able to craft a story and world with interesting characters, deep history and a cast I actually care for.

Give me a break anyone can tell a story its not that hard .You act like it’s a big achievement.Let me ask you if I told you a story could you explain it to someone that I didnt tell the story to?

> 2533274846813479;11:
> > 2533274904944768;9:
> > I would keep 343. They have shown themselves more competent with Halo’s lore, story and canon with one game than bungie did with their entire career. There are very few companies I feel could keep this par of storytelling- BioWare being perhaps the only one that comes to mind right now who have shown themselves able to craft a story and world with interesting characters, deep history and a cast I actually care for.
>
>
> Give me a break anyone can tell a story its not that hard .You act like it’s a big achievement.Let me ask you if I told you a story could you explain it to someone that I didnt tell the story to?

It’s not just about telling a story.

Destiny told a story.
And that story was awful, in-game.

> 2533274830783389;8:
> > 2533274977797582;3:
> > Valve and certain affinity could both make a better halo. Maybe even blizzard could do better.
>
>
> blizzard is indeed coming out with an arena shooter called Overwatch. Check it out:
>
> Overwatch

Ah yes. Pixar meets tf2.

And remember that MASSIVE thing that blizzard promised, titan? Just so it could be CANCELLED?

> 2533274904944768;10:
> > 2533274830783389;8:
> > > 2533274977797582;3:
> > > Valve and certain affinity could both make a better halo. Maybe even blizzard could do better.
> >
> >
> >
> > blizzard is indeed coming out with an arena shooter called Overwatch. Check it out:
> >
> > Overwatch
>
>
> I saw the reveal for that, it looked awful.

Time will tell, I think its definitely an interesting concept

> 2533274857398125;13:
> > 2533274830783389;8:
> > > 2533274977797582;3:
> > > Valve and certain affinity could both make a better halo. Maybe even blizzard could do better.
> >
> >
> >
> > blizzard is indeed coming out with an arena shooter called Overwatch. Check it out:
> >
> > Overwatch
>
>
> Ah yes. Pixar meets tf2.
>
> And remember that MASSIVE thing that blizzard promised, titan? Just so it could be CANCELLED?

ya not sure what went down with proj. Titan.

> 2533274830783389;8:
> > 2533274977797582;3:
>
>
>
> Overwatch

Thanks for sharing that it looks like it could be good

> 2533274846813479;11:
> > 2533274904944768;9:
> > I would keep 343. They have shown themselves more competent with Halo’s lore, story and canon with one game than bungie did with their entire career. There are very few companies I feel could keep this par of storytelling- BioWare being perhaps the only one that comes to mind right now who have shown themselves able to craft a story and world with interesting characters, deep history and a cast I actually care for.
>
>
>
> Give me a break anyone can tell a story its not that hard .You act like it’s a big achievement.Let me ask you if I told you a story could you explain it to someone that I didnt tell the story to?

Well, it kinda is a big achievement if the story is good if a game has both a campaign and multiplayer especially in a genre not really known for good stories. Just because you don’t give a -Yoink- doesn’t mean others don’t.

> 2533274907934539;12:
> > 2533274846813479;11:
> > > 2533274904944768;9:
> > > I would keep 343. They have shown themselves more competent with Halo’s lore, story and canon with one game than bungie did with their entire career. There are very few companies I feel could keep this par of storytelling- BioWare being perhaps the only one that comes to mind right now who have shown themselves able to craft a story and world with interesting characters, deep history and a cast I actually care for.
> >
> >
> >
> > Give me a break anyone can tell a story its not that hard .You act like it’s a big achievement.Let me ask you if I told you a story could you explain it to someone that I didnt tell the story to?
>
>
> It’s not just about telling a story.
>
> Destiny told a story.
> And that story was awful, in-game.

All you have to do is tell a good story .That is not hard to do my friend with a good story any developer would succeed if they fallowed it correctly. The lore argument is not valid and any developer can tell halos story Bethesda could do it.

> 2533274812652989;7:
> I find it odd how you think anything would fundamentally change with a new developer. Microsoft is still running this show, calling the shots on when a game ships and so on. Remember, this is the same company who when 343 showed them a campaign level from Halo 4 they said it “Looked like Halo” as if it were a BAD thing. But everybody is an expert at game development and business, so who am I to argue?

Yes!!! Please dont argue move on my friend this forum was not meant for you

> 2533274812652989;17:
> > 2533274846813479;11:
> > > 2533274904944768;9:
> > > I would keep 343. They have shown themselves more competent with Halo’s lore, story and canon with one game than bungie did with their entire career. There are very few companies I feel could keep this par of storytelling- BioWare being perhaps the only one that comes to mind right now who have shown themselves able to craft a story and world with interesting characters, deep history and a cast I actually care for.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Give me a break anyone can tell a story its not that hard .You act like it’s a big achievement.Let me ask you if I told you a story could you explain it to someone that I didnt tell the story to?
>
>
>
>
> Well, it kinda is a big achievement if the story is good if a game has both a campaign and multiplayer especially in a genre not really known for good stories. Just because you don’t give a -Yoink- doesn’t mean others don’t.

The story was already there before 343 took over.Give me a break any developer could have told halos story BECAUSE THE STORY WAS ALREADY THERE!