Halo NEEDS a Map Vote

Halo CE came out in 2001. It had a vote option.
Halo 2 came out in 2004. It had a vote option.
Halo 3 came out in 2007. It had a vote option.
Halo Reach came out in 2010. It had a vote option.
Halo 4, HALO Freaking 4, had a vote option.
So why doesn’t Halo 5? The game came out in 2015. It’s clearly not a technical issue.
Halo 5 has a bunch of garbage forge maps in it’s Ranked playlists. You may like them, but I personally hate them, along with some other maps. And when those maps I hate have a bunch of “remixed” variants, it can feel like I can’t freaking escape them! So why isn’t there a vote?
Well, you could say that it slows down matchmaking. I guess it does, but only by a couple seconds. Maybe put it on a 15 seconds timer instead of the other games’ 30 second timer. Isn’t picking the map you want worth 15 seconds at most? For social lobbies though, I don’t think a vote is necessary.
There is literally no downside to a vote system. The whole lobby gets a say, and people are less likely to quit over not getting the map they want. It’s been in Halo since the beginning, no reason it shouldn’t be here now.

No, you WANT a map vote. That’s not the same thing. Also, CE didn’t have online matchmaking so moot point. Unless you’re referring to the PC port in which case, not the same thing. Ditto for Halo 2 except it had online and did not have vote/veto on Xbox Live. What you saw was what you got.

Halo 3 had a veto system which is not at all the same. And all people would do was, “Veto for BR’s!” regardless of the map. Reach was the first to have an actual vote system and it was less than optimal. All you had to do was stack the leftmost option if you didn’t like the other options. Ditto for Halo 4.

I recommend reading through Dr Menke’s MM feedback threads because he touches on map voting, veto, etc. It’s not going to happen in H5 but you can certainly drop by one of the wishlist threads in GD and leave your request for future games there.