Halo needs a fire based map.

Forgive me if I’m incorrect, Halo maps are typically in these categories.

Grasslands
Forests
Mountainous regions
Covenant/Forerunner architecture
Human/UNSC warehouses
and Snow, etc.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a map where fire or lava has had a place. It would add even more variety.

Maybe a destroyed base were everything still burns? Or a active volcanic region?
I think it’s perfectly possible. Don’t get me wrong, I love the existing maps, but some fire couldn’t hurt could it?

Edit: Maybe with this sort of name.
“REMNANTS.”
The remains of the fallen UNSC still burn, but the flames are the least of your worries.

Come to think of it i dont think there is a Lava map.
Maybe something midfield like a lava stream that you can only cross using gravlifts that would be epic.

> Come to think of it i dont think there is a Lava map.
> Maybe something midfield like a lava stream that you can only cross using gravlifts that would be epic.

Pretty good idea :slight_smile:
Since we have the disintegration effect, if a person falls into lava, maybe it could happen really quickly.

they should of went towards a more valcanic route in regards to the valhalla remake ragnarok, would of been much cooler.

theyll most likely have a lava based map, if not at launch theyll probably make one available via dlc.

well considering that Energy shields are susceptible to heat, and Lava is heat…
not that Scientific accuracy matters… but still

a fire map would be pretty cool, but i have a feeling that if we were fighting near a volcano, it’d be kind dark, with all the ash and stuff

Anakin vs Obi Wan was the first thing that came to mind! Maybe they should save that idea for H5 and or 6, with potentially far better graphics etc… Good idea though! Maybe they have this planned for a DLC release. Oh and lightening, you’d have to have lightening!

> well considering that Energy shields are susceptible to heat, and Lava is heat…
> not that Scientific accuracy matters… but still
>
> a fire map would be pretty cool, but i have a feeling that if we were fighting near a volcano, it’d be kind dark, with all the ash and stuff

I’m sure some kind of Halo techno babble would fix that somehow.

you know what? your right, theres not enough red on any of the halo maps. they should add some kinda of lava map in one of the future dlc.

> Anakin vs Obi Wan was the first thing that came to mind! Maybe they should save that idea for H5 and or 6, with potentially far better graphics etc… Good idea though! Maybe they have this planned for a DLC release.

I thought the exact same thing about Star Wars, haha.

> Anakin vs Obi Wan was the first thing that came to mind! Maybe they should save that idea for H5 and or 6, with potentially far better graphics etc… Good idea though! Maybe they have this planned for a DLC release.

Same here! Being able to reenact that battle with Spartan IVs with Energy Swords would be incredible. lol

Solace is kind of close. Looks like the temperature is kind of hot. But yeah, I agree. Halo needs a map similar to Mustafar from Star Wars.

> > Anakin vs Obi Wan was the first thing that came to mind! Maybe they should save that idea for H5 and or 6, with potentially far better graphics etc… Good idea though! Maybe they have this planned for a DLC release.
>
> I thought the exact same thing about Star Wars, haha.

I thought Crisis City, maybe because I played Generations recently.

Couldn’t agree more with all of you.

> Anakin vs Obi Wan was the first thing that came to mind! Maybe they should save that idea for H5 and or 6, with potentially far better graphics etc… Good idea though! Maybe they have this planned for a DLC release. Oh and lightening, you’d have to have lightening!

Master Chief vs. the Didact in an Energy sword battle above lava. 343 DO EET

i was hoping on solace that the beam in the center would incinerate you :frowning: alas it doesn’t.

Fire Based Maps would be awesome!

A Spartan Ops map will have lava, so I don’t wee why MP can’t.

huh, solid point.

Sounds like a cool idea to me.

> Forgive me if I’m incorrect, Halo maps are typically in these categories.
>
> Grasslands
> Forests
> Mountainous regions
> Covenant/Forerunner architecture
> Human/UNSC warehouses
> and Snow, etc.
>
> I don’t think I’ve ever seen a map where fire or lava has had a place. It would add even more variety.
>
> Maybe a destroyed base were everything still burns? Or a active volcanic region?
> I think it’s perfectly possible. Don’t get me wrong, I love the existing maps, but some fire couldn’t hurt could it?
>
> Edit: Maybe with this sort of name.
> <mark>“REMNANTS.”</mark>
> <mark>“The remains of the fallen UNSC still burn, but the flames are the least of your worries.”</mark>

I love this.

> Forgive me if I’m incorrect, Halo maps are typically in these categories.
>
> Grasslands
> Forests
> Mountainous regions
> Covenant/Forerunner architecture
> Human/UNSC warehouses
> and Snow, etc.
>
> I don’t think I’ve ever seen a map where fire or lava has had a place. It would add even more variety.
>
> Maybe a destroyed base were everything still burns? Or a active volcanic region?
> I think it’s perfectly possible. Don’t get me wrong, I love the existing maps, but some fire couldn’t hurt could it?
>
> Edit: Maybe with this sort of name.
> “REMNANTS.”
> “The remains of the fallen UNSC still burn, but the flames are the least of your worries.

i originally wished for an outer space area (got my wish, thanks 343 for impact) i think it would be cool to have a savannah map (i think ODST had one in the campaign) and a lava map is confirmed in spartan ops just so u know. i think perhaps they should make a map on a small star (i mean like the sun, covered in lava) and it could be a facility for processing spacial crystals which could perhaps be a kind of Promethean currency or material.

> > Forgive me if I’m incorrect, Halo maps are typically in these categories.
> >
> > Grasslands
> > Forests
> > Mountainous regions
> > Covenant/Forerunner architecture
> > Human/UNSC warehouses
> > and Snow, etc.
> >
> > I don’t think I’ve ever seen a map where fire or lava has had a place. It would add even more variety.
> >
> > Maybe a destroyed base were everything still burns? Or a active volcanic region?
> > I think it’s perfectly possible. Don’t get me wrong, I love the existing maps, but some fire couldn’t hurt could it?
> >
> > Edit: Maybe with this sort of name.
> > <mark>“REMNANTS.”</mark>
> > <mark>“The remains of the fallen UNSC still burn, but the flames are the least of your worries.”</mark>
>
> I love this.

Thank ya kindly :smiley: