Halo multiplayer too much like CoD

I’ve heard it before and I’m sure if your reading this you have too. Halo 4 multiplayer feels way too much like call of duty and I am very dissappointed with it. I honestly tried to get into this game, but it’s just not the same as its predecesors. When I first bought this game I was excited until I tried multiplayer, ranked up a bit only to find out how much features were taken straight out of the CoD franchise. I had to look back at the cover to just to make sure I purchased Halo 4 and not Black Ops II. So what? Adapt, get over it,stop being a fanatic, go back to reach whatever; heard it before and unfortunately there is a bit more to it for me. Halo on its own merit was a great FPS shooter. The halo fan base loved it because it was your classic gun scavenging, acaraic free-style, no holds bar FPS bananzza. Until 343 industries decided to run in the bandwagon by taking the same model of a FPS from an equally successful francise(CoD). In my opinion this was a mistake on thier part.

For starters, the customizable loadouts and perks and the lack thereof weapons on the map. This took the fun out of racing for the power weapons at thier respective spawn locations. Moreover there is little diversity of weapons in the map. Now the game is completely loadout dominated. It requires less skill, so long as you have the best possible weapons and the best possible loadout combinations just like in CoD with some perks coming out more popular and stronger than others. This feature was first introduced in Reach, but only allowed a selection for loadouts which was set by default for a specific game type which was ok. And without more weapons spawning on the map it doesn’t give player an intiative to move around the map as much and stay generally in one area. Team slayer feels more like team deathmatch with DMRs and Battle Rifles equipped on respawn. Speaking of which killcams? really? and ‘X’ to respawn? A bit over the top here.

Secondly, Ordinace; a reward feature in Slayer gametypes for getting a 5 killstreak which drops supplies. Sound familiar, Care Package anyone? There was absolutely no need to include this feature whatsoever. This only encourages camping for killstreaks and defensive play. Maybe some people like to camp and maybe others like to keep thier distance. That’s fine and dandy so long as that is your prefered style of play. But, in my opinion it takes away a bit of that aggressive, free-style gameplay Halo was known for. I don’t know about you, but hearing the game voice say, “Killing Spree” “Double Kill” “Killtrocity” just make me happy in itself and is enough to make me try it all over again and try to earn something more. Ordinance no thank you, I rather play CoD and earn a real killstreak.

Lastly, Ranks. I’m honestly suprised Treyarch or Activision didn’t file a copywright law suits for this. There is no feature in multiplayer that could be more similar, no the same than the ranking system. You unlock your weapons and perks by purchasing them with spartan points earned by ranking up. Come on guys! This is prestige ranking system taken straight out of Black Ops. What happened to the social and rank playlist? Did 343 really think about the players that want to be casual and players that want to be competitive? Given I am suprised at the lack of playlist that was given at all. I would even take reach’s system over this current one dispite how much I don’t like it. I honestly miss the Halo 3 50 rank system. It would be nice to bring something like that to the table.

Pretty much, Halo 4 multiplayer is nothing like the Halo titles that came before it and though changes are welcome, I rather play Halo becuase it’s halo and nothing else. Though it looks a lot like halo the gameplay feels completely like call of duty. I don’t know why 343 decided to take this path of development for this frachinse, but I think we are missing the traditional classic formula that made the Halo series such a great FPS on an exclusive platform. I feel that 343 tried so much to get the CoD fan base into the game that they have overlooked trying to make an authentic Halo title. The only solution I can think of is updating infinity wargames to include Rank playlist, Social(with loadouts, ordinance, and other features live), and classic with one default loadout and rapid weapon drops throughout the map. Give a little something for everyone to enjoy especially the traditional Halo fans who feel left out in the dust.

That’s my feedback please post what you think. Lets get a constructive discussion going.

this game is done. won’t be saved, move along

All true, probably because 343i is made up of former Treyarch and Infinity Ward people, who have had an impact, plus a lot of this was laid down in Halo:Reach as well with the pre installed loadouts including sprint etc which came from Battlefield.

If you play the older titles and now this and Reach, the speed of the game has moved dramatically, someone here also said BTB is like a mexican standoff nowadays, couldn’t agree more due to the way the maps have been laid out.

I hear rumours the next halo game might be Halo 2 Anniversary next year, they should just give us that as an add on to this game, people are asking for the older maps to be added to this game and I think some of them maps from Halo 2 & 3 might work well with the new gameplay, I have already tried out Lockout on Forge in Team SWAT and that was really good fun.

> this game is done. won’t be saved, move along

Hate to say it, ya probably right on that one, it is sad Halo has got to this stage, but I think a lot of the previous people who grew up with Halo back in the day have moved onto Battlefield, WOW and COD amongst others.

Halo is dead. People rather play CoD, Minecraft, Skyrim, and sports games than a bad CoD clone with no replay value.

Well before the 343defenceforce comes around…
“ohhh but Halo is nothing like CoD! In CoD you can kill with just one headshot and the weapons are so diffrent…”
First of all…are you people sure even a pistol kills with one headshot? Even with semiautomatic BR’s it is taking you about 3 shoots to kill, taking lag into concideration i would say about 5 shoots to kill, which would be the same amount as in H4…
But whatever…even minor differences in kill-times is no “proof” that those games play sooo diffrent…

Forgive the 2x poll postings I made a slight mistake at the check boxes and I can no longer unlock the first polls. Please post on the one under for results.

Also I didn’t realize the Halo community was already given up on the francise. I like to still remain hopeful that something may change for the better. Granted for the most part I do agree that Halo isn’t the same as it used to be what he had was dramatically different, but in essence it still felt like it was Halo. Now it doesn’t feel like it at all

Halo 4 and Call of Duty are as alike and dissimilar as apples and oranges.
They have quite a few similarities, but the differences are what define each. Halo 4 is still clearly Halo 4. Sure, there are elements of the game that can be found in Call of Duty, Battlefield, Medal of Honor, but Halo has ALWAYS been like that. Halo: C.E. was never the unique snowflake that people seem to want it to be. Bungie took A TON of inspiration and ideas from franchises like “Alien” and “Predator” and top arena shooters of the time. Every modern video game has done so to varying degrees.
And you know what? I actually like the new features in Halo 4. Flame me all you want and call me a “343 Defense Force” member, I don’t care. I’m proud that I can still enjoy a franchise after 8+ years.

(P.S. - If bashing and hating someone for liking something you don’t like makes you feel like so great, why don’t you head on over to -Yoink!-. I’m sure you’ll feel quite at home with the other trash of the Internet that abuses anonymity without consequence.)

> Halo 4 and Call of Duty are as alike and dissimilar as apples and oranges.
> They have quite a few similarities, but the differences are what define each. Halo 4 is still clearly Halo 4. Sure, there are elements of the game that can be found in Call of Duty, Battlefield, Medal of Honor, but Halo has ALWAYS been like that. Halo: C.E. was never the unique snowflake that people seem to want it to be. Bungie took A TON of inspiration and ideas from franchises like “Alien” and “Predator” and top arena shooters of the time. Every modern video game has done so to varying degrees.
> And you know what? I actually like the new features in Halo 4. Flame me all you want and call me a “343 Defense Force” member, I don’t care. I’m proud that I can still enjoy a franchise after 8+ years.
>
> (P.S. - If bashing and hating someone for liking something you don’t like makes you feel like so great, why don’t you head on over to -Yoink!-. I’m sure you’ll feel quite at home with the other trash of the Internet that abuses anonymity without consequence.)

I apologize if the tone of my post came out as “bashing” other FPS that wasn’t my intention of the OP. I like CoD as much as the next guy as well as battlefield. But, I enjoyed them becuase though they share similar qualities they still had a ton more unique features that sets them apart. But, for this Halo other than vehicles and weapons I just don’t see any differences that would set this game apart from CoD. I enjoyed Halo becuase it was a classic arcade shooter with no perks, no customizable loadouts, and no killstreaks and it was still a ton of fun to play and did amazingly well as an xbox exculsive. I feel that the changes made here are too much CoD not enough Halo or orginality. What do you recall in multplayer that would set this game apart from the rest? Sometimes positive feedback is a start.

This thread deserves a medal.

Right now BTB seems to be the default social playlist for the more casual player. But its always Valhalla or Exile. Sometimes Longbow. How long can people play only 2 maps before it gets totally boring? Judging from the latest blog, I’d say not too long. This playlist HAS to be updated. Give us Grifball at least…where is King of the Hill?

> Right now BTB seems to be the default social playlist for the more casual player. But its always Valhalla or Exile. Sometimes Longbow. How long can people play only 2 maps before it gets totally boring? Judging from the latest blog, I’d say not too long. This playlist HAS to be updated. Give us Grifball at least…where is King of the Hill?

I think the playlist in Halo 4 is another issue other than this identity crisis. Even halo reach had more playlist at and around the time of its release than Halo 4 does. Maps will come in time though we already have a DLC for more maps. However, playlist diversity is still lacking and there is still a need for a dedicated set of playlist i.e. social/rank. I mentioned adding classic playlist as a solution to the issues I addressed in OP to tackle two issues at once. 343 managed to add and remove playlist in reach so I hope the technology used to do that can also be used in Halo 4 to add more playlist and gametyps. The game is still young hopefully we get to see more playlist available in Infinity online in the near future.

Somebody had the guts to say it. You have earned my respect Op

Edited by Moderator - Please do not bump/necropost threads.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

i very much hate the multiplayer in this game

it looks too much like call of duty and less like what halo used to be

as for me i’d like to stick to the story more than playing the multiplayer

who agrees??

who’d rather play the actual game rather than multiplayer

was just about to start raging at someone but nevermind, its actually a necro.

move along citizens, nothing to see here…

EDIT: Didn’t realize the OP was so long ago. Why someone would reply to a 9 month old thread expecting a response is beyond me.