Halo Movie

Hello fellow Halo fans. I’m Currently trying to become a movie director at New York Film Academy and I’ve been doing a lot of work with film. I’ve been a fan of the series ever since halo 1 and I’ve always bought the legendary edition. There was nothing more I wanted to see then a halo movie. But after it always being taken from under someone’s feet, we’ve decide to give it a try. My team and I would like to try and bring Halo to the big screen with hollywood. We need a good script to convince them though. So for starters we would like to know where in the series would you want to see the movie start off from, and if it should follow the game, book, or a new take on it? All opinions are welcome and will be taken account of. Please be as specific as possible and feel free to offer suggestions for new ideas.

Thank You

Our team will check this thread often and see where to begin and once we’ve started we will post a part of the script for review from you guys for your contribution and please share any opinions on the portion of the script once it’s been posted

Please Check my thread on http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=65895796 so you can vote for where to start.

Edit: on 9/18/11 We are still hard at work at seeing what you guys want. I'm sorry if I do not reply to private messages for a week to too weeks, but I need to finish editing one of our shorts before October. After October I will be on the forum often to reply and awnser questions, and hopefully be able to post where the decided starting point will be. Right now it’s close between Contact Harvest and The Fall of Reach

A movie adaptation of The Fall of Reach.

Start at reach and go from there, but please please please do as in the cheifs eyes.

> Start at reach and go from there, but please please please do as in the cheifs eyes.

No, not just his point of view.

That’d be quite boring.

Contact Harvest

I think Halo 3 ODST would make an awsome movie…

I dont mean that sorry for being un clear i mean the cheif as in the lead roll…

There is so much in the halo universe that would make a great film/s.But i love the story of the cheif from the begining being taken from his family and all he and the other spartans endured …

> I dont mean that sorry for being un clear i mean the cheif as in the lead roll…

The masterchief was in a cryo chamber through the whole of Reach…

No adaptions of books or games or comics. Original story, during the Battle of Earth or the Fall of Reach. Don’t butcher any established canon, main character other than the Master Chief but he should make a cameo.

the cheif was raised on reach wasnt he,that is where he had his training /tested the armour etc …(i may be wrong havent read the books for ages )

> > I dont mean that sorry for being un clear i mean the cheif as in the lead roll…
>
> The masterchief was in a cryo chamber through the whole of Reach…

No he wasn’t. Chief went into cryo when he was in the PoA

I really wanna see a movie about the entire Spartan II project… From beginning to end. I think it’d make an awesome movie.

Are you basing that on the game or the books,the spartan 2 program was on reach .

all i know about what story it should be is that it should have covenant, but maybe not flood. lol

Dont butcher the canon is a great way to put it.

> Would be easier if I could

You can in the gamma forums or you could, or something, we will in the final forums though. I know that bs angel created a poll there.

> A movie adaptation of The Fall of Reach.

Yes but you might split the book or it’s going to be a long movie. That is, if you make the movie as close to the book as possible.

> > > I dont mean that sorry for being un clear i mean the cheif as in the lead roll…
> >
> > The masterchief was in a cryo chamber through the whole of Reach…
>
> No he wasn’t. Chief went into cryo when he was in the PoA

But was he fighting on Reach?

> > > > I dont mean that sorry for being un clear i mean the cheif as in the lead roll…
> > >
> > > The masterchief was in a cryo chamber through the whole of Reach…
> >
> > No he wasn’t. Chief went into cryo when he was in the PoA
>
> But was he fighting on Reach?

No, he was in space trying to save one of the orbital guns and one of his squad mates dies

im sorry but im going to re read the fall of reach now but im sure he had some action on reach, but as i said i havent read the book for ages so im not the best to answer that . as i cant remember sorry