Halo Monitor on "Composer"?

So I’m sure most players who have gotten to the Composer mission have made it to the part where you kill two Hunters in a small room. They may have also noticed the tubes with Forerunner tech inside of them. I apologize for the -Yoink- pictures, can’t snap screenshots in Theater and I don’t have a capture card. One has Installation 03’s Activation Index and the other is a plate with a glyph on it, here. Curiously, that symbol pops up A LOT in Halo, but that isn’t the point for now.

This is what intrigues me. It kinda resembles a Halo Monitor, like 343 Guilty Spark to me. No doubt it is different looking, but it does give off a Monitor vibe. If it is, then that would have to be 049 Abject Testament.

What do you guys think it is?

Thanks OP, cool info! I completely missed all of the above lol.

Can you read the glyph? I found one earlier in the campaign (in the room with the Cartographer in the level Requiem), and when I went next to it, “Hold RB to inspect Forerunner Artifact” appeared, or something to that effect. Cortana then translated it, it was something about the Mantle.

Did this one do that?

Wow I didn’t even notice that that was there last night, and I was taking cover right in that area.

It could be him, the center looks very similar to a monitor, he could be possibly encased in some sort of harness to keep him from taking over the stations systems. We know Spark had a nasty habit of taking over the surrounding tech of the people studying him.

Cool find.

> Thanks OP, cool info! I completely missed all of the above lol.
>
> Can you read the glyph? I found one earlier in the campaign (in the room with the Cartographer in the level Requiem), and when I went next to it, “Hold RB to inspect Forerunner Artifact” appeared, or something to that effect. Cortana then translated it, it was something about the Mantle.
>
> Did this one do that?

I didn’t really pay attention to what the computer said on Composer, but it did mention how it did not fit the kind of things found on the Halo. I’ll have to go back sometime and listen, but I’d believe it to correspond to the Mantle.

How should we call these “Forerunner artefacts”? I didn’t think 343 would give us even more to decode after the terminals and Section 3.You should check if it gives more information on Legendary like the terminals in Halo 3.

> How should we call these “Forerunner artefacts”? I didn’t think 343 would give us even more to decode after the terminals and Section 3.You should check if it gives more information on Legendary like the terminals in Halo 3.

Well the plate looked like it had some writing on it.

I thought this too. We know from previous games that there are different kinds of Monitors, this one could well be like the one on Cold Storage - serving a different kind of purpose other than just the maintenance of the Halo Ring.

The description of the Index having secondary uses beyond just firing the Ring was very interesting too, I hope Silentium covers some of this.

To me it doesn’t even seem plausible that the humans recovered the Activation Index and the Monitor of the Installation, think about what you had to face in levels like Library or Sacred Icon/Quarantine Zone to get the Index.And that the Monitor is very powerful and guarded by Sentinels.
So I’m not sure if those are authentic, but it would be cool if they really are!
You need to find a translator to decode the glyph, there are plenty of decoders on the forum that can’t wait to get their hands on new classified content.

> <mark>To me it doesn’t even seem plausible that the humans recovered the Activation Index and the Monitor of the Installation, think about what you had to face in levels like Library or Sacred Icon/Quarantine Zone to get the Index.And that the Monitor is very powerful and guarded by Sentinels.</mark>
> So I’m not sure if those are authentic, but it would be cool if they really are!
> You need to find a translator to decode the glyph, there are plenty of decoders on the forum that can’t wait to get their hands on new classified content.

Keep in mind, the Flood was set loose on 04 and 05, it does not appear to be the case on 03 so it would be easy pickings,

for once in my stupidity I thought your talking about one of our monitors on the forums (confused statement)

A Indeed your right, what you have there looks to me like a piece of a monitor because if you remember 343 had a plate on him (his back I think I can remember) that had the exact same symbol on it, If you destroyed the monitor in forge you would find a plate that had this symbol on it on the floor. so maybe they found Installation 03s monitor destroyed or being destroyed? After all he was the one that went Insane right?
But yeh I’m 99.9% sure that that symbol was on guilty spark and must be the symbol for monitor or something like that

To me, it looks like a monitor inside some other kind of device, maybe he put himself in stasis or something (like Spark did in the Anniversary Terminals)?

> To me it doesn’t even seem plausible that the humans recovered the Activation Index and the Monitor of the Installation, think about what you had to face in levels like Library or Sacred Icon/Quarantine Zone to get the Index.And that the Monitor is very powerful and guarded by Sentinels.
> So I’m not sure if those are authentic, but it would be cool if they really are!
> You need to find a translator to decode the glyph, there are plenty of decoders on the forum that can’t wait to get their hands on new classified content.

The Flood had escaped on 04 and 05 because of the war. I doubt they’d have escaped on every installation.

It’s Mendicant Bias

If anyone does want to have a go at decoding the symbols on the plate, you can try. Might want to go in-game though, my picture ain’t worth trying to go through.

Here’s a video of it.

> To me it doesn’t even seem plausible that the humans recovered the Activation Index and the Monitor of the Installation, think about what you had to face in levels like Library or Sacred Icon/Quarantine Zone to get the Index.And that the Monitor is very powerful and guarded by Sentinels.

Instalation 03 does not have flood as far as we know also remeber now they have like 10000 S4s so… it was dat hard when you were only 1 and the flood was there also

There’s actually quite a lot of cool stuff ‘hidden’ in plain sight in Halo 4, with plenty of nods to other games.

For example, the big mech you fight around on the MP map ‘Adrift’ might easily be assumed to be a Mantis - in fact, it’s a newer-model Cyclops, the big exoskeleton mech from Halo Wars. Pretty neat, IMO.

I went in and checked the stuff out. There are a lot of access logs scattered around composer, most are dealing with the composer itself. I found a bunch last night and it seemed that whenever I would turn around I would find a new one…I wonder how many more are scattered around.

Halsey’s Log entry states that the artifact is similar to the UNSC ai matrix compiler that she designed.

The Monitor looking device is stated to be a possible beam emitter, or focusing lens for a device or vehicle.

The index is stated as the activation key for Gamma Halo

The plate is stated to have Forerunner Glyphs but contains rudimental deviations from known Glyphs. It is also stated that they have been finding many of these disks on the Gamma ring.

There are also logs stating that there were changes in the Composer when certain tests were preformed ( don’t remember which ) and there is a specific mention to changes at 0900 hrs.

( This is just me paraphrasing, the descriptions are a bit more detailed in the game)

> There’s actually quite a lot of cool stuff ‘hidden’ in plain sight in Halo 4, with plenty of nods to other games.
>
> For example, the big mech you fight around on the MP map ‘Adrift’ might easily be assumed to be a Mantis - in fact, <mark>it’s a newer-model Cyclops</mark>, the big exoskeleton mech from Halo Wars. Pretty neat, IMO.

Originaly seen in Halo Legends. Used by Ghost to ensure his team got off planet. He was using the prototype and had to destroy it to stop the covies getting it. UNSC escaped with the data.

If the monitor is from halo ring 03 he would be 049 Abject Testament