Halo: Mission History

hey guys and girls this question seems somewhat lore related so I thought this would be the right place for it.

how would everyone feel about a side mission/past mission related game?. The game would be you as MC/ members of Blue team playing through previous missions we’ve only really seen in either media or in books.
Such as Halo: fall of reach you play through a somewhat short training mission that is the Game version of chief ‘more public’ test of the Mjolinir Mark IV armour. The one that takes place at a UNSC Base on reach and chief has to go through a firing range, mine field and deflecting a missile at the end.

id love to see some of Chiefs past mission become some what short payable missions compacted into one game like the above training mission, the mission to the Unyeidling hierophant, his mission through the woods to get to the museum and find out what the covenant want in the First strike novel, the Spartan first test of the Mjolinir armour before shields on the Asteriod base in Fall of Reach, One of humanities first encounters with a Covie ship and having Spartans EVA over to plant the bomb inside (one were Sam gets plasma burns.)

there are a fair few missions that are novel,comic,animation exclusive that would make a great game of ‘short stories’ in video game form and if an explanation is needed they could put it as what happend inside the Cryptum during Halo5 (I.E once secured inside Cortana induced a meditative/unconscious style state that caused the team to relive past moments/missions) which could tie in and give them the ability to tell certain parts or certain missions from the other members of blue teams point of view.

i don’t make many posts so I apologise for punctuation etc and hope my post gets the idea across. Thank you for reading.

I would buy it because it is a Halo game, but overall I would rather it not happen. Seeing how 343 converted novel into animation (Fall of Reach) I have lost a bit of faith in their skills to convert novels into other media. I’d rather be able to imagine the missions in my head than be given something that is based on the missions but is altered many times (cough Fall of Reach*) into something different and worse

> 2533274978302173;2:
> I would buy it because it is a Halo game, but overall I would rather it not happen. Seeing how 343 converted novel into animation (Fall of Reach) I have lost a bit of faith in their skills to convert novels into other media. I’d rather be able to imagine the missions in my head than be given something that is based on the missions but is altered many times (cough Fall of Reach*) into something different and worse

True enough hopefully if such an endeavour was ever undertaken than 343 would treat it properly and stick as closely to how such things where imagined in the books.

I think that would be a perfect game, I saw the post earlier about 343’s lack of EU ability, but I think they can be forgiven if they make a game like that. It would be a good dlc for Halo 5 just before the next big installment, which will help the players better understand blue team, which they haven’t been exposed to a whole lot. To make the dlc even better, they could use older weapons with older designs, such as halo 2 battle rifle or an old SMG to fix the complaint of how halo 5 should have been an halo 2.5. If it becomes reality, I would define they buy it!

I think this could be a rather cool idea if implemented properly.

> 2535460849753261;4:
> I think that would be a perfect game, I saw the post earlier about 343’s lack of EU ability, but I think they can be forgiven if they make a game like that. It would be a good dlc for Halo 5 just before the next big installment, which will help the players better understand blue team, which they haven’t been exposed to a whole lot. To make the dlc even better, they could use older weapons with older designs, such as halo 2 battle rifle or an old SMG to fix the complaint of how halo 5 should have been an halo 2.5. If it becomes reality, I would define they buy it!

Not to blow my own horn but…this is why I liked the idea those who know the EU well not only get some of the cool missions MC and blue team have been on that we’ve read about but it would also show some of the group’s history but also why they are such a great team. Also Lore fans get the bonus of seeing previous missions exclusive to paper on their Xbox. As previously mentioned provided 343 actually stick to the source material and create the missions according to the info given with as lil ‘added’ as possible (creating a game mission from a book obviously not everything will be how each individual imagines it when reading.) then I think it could do really well.

> 2533274827767375;5:
> I think this could be a rather cool idea if implemented properly.

Indeed of course some embellishments would be a given (number of enemies the look of the locales etc) seeing as books really on 100% imagination for its set pieces,locations etc etc so provided 343 stick to the source material we could all get a rather close version of what we imagine in our heads when reading.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

knowing 343 they’d change stuff for no reason and ruin it

I hate myself for admitting it but honestly yeah I probably would simply because it says Halo on it. And 343 knows it.