Halo milked, and thrown away

So that’s it for the FPS we know as Halo. Mircosoft has a new golden boy and thats gears 4. Not to say thats bad,i love GoW, but Halo will always be my favorite. Microsoft milked halo for what little profit it had left with REQ packs, lackluster content updates, and somewhat effort. Then threw it aside. Not even a mention in E3. What happened to possible content after launch? Maybe Halo 3 anniversary? Not to jump on the hype train or anything but give us something. I love halo wars but thats not the original Halo i love.

The era of Halo ended at Halo 4, and the incredible decline after. Halo 5 is a great game with a terrible story and a disgusting RNG system. The story was so bad that why would anyone possibly go on with another or even care at this point? And for another Halo to hit the market with more RNG BS? It’ll just be depressing because the game is fun and great but just C blocked. Its now time to face facts, if 343i doesn’t fix its REQ system and terrible story, then Halo will die. And it will die very slow, and painful for all of us because of the blanton cash grab it’s used for.

Halo deserves better. Halo deserves an honorable death. One that includes Halo 5 multilayer, without the REQ system. One with a story that has the magnitude and detail the past games have had. Hell even halo wars is doing it better. Halo shouldn’t go on forever to be milked for cash. It should go on to bring that competitive multi-player experience to its community along with it’s intriguing story and die honorably. Not become “xbox’s mario” or some commodity who’s sole purpose is to gain profit.

GoW4 has replaced us. Hopefully, for now only

Edit: Ladies and Gentlemen I am not asking for a Halo 6. I am aware of the CoD syndrome where each game doesn’t have enough time to play out. What i am asking for is at least something to give people some motivation to play the damn game. Then you guys wonder why population is dropping and people get pissed off with some stuff that 343i. There’s still barely any content. Give us a look at the supposed support after WZFF, or maybe Halo 3 anniversary (MAYBE. You people act as if suprises are impossible. Im not expecting it but there’s always a chance. Why not?)

I understand an FPS can only have so much but come on. Most of the content is locked off by the REQ system and we can’t even get a firefight where it is free of the REQ system. Does no one feel annoyed by that?

Of course not, i forgot its way point and you get smashed for saying anything. I praise Halo 5’s core gameplay and multiplayer but when i say ONE BAD THING “the REQ system sucks and locks off content” then that makes me “the toxic to the community.” Really? I love this game and it feels like halo with a new touch. Stop the crap

1 Like

GoW hasn’t replaced halo, they just have a big game coming out in fall while our next game is February. They saved the best for last. Also, just so you know, halo 5’s story was Microsoft’s fault, not 343’s. Halo 5 had a last minute rewrite like destiny. Btw, halo reach started its decline, not 4.

Dude, cry me a river. Microsoft had a lot of content to show off and Halo had none. Halo Wars 2 is enough for now. I guess you’re just forgeting the fact that Halo was one of the biggest parts of last years E3? Yeah. There is still going to be a Halo 6 and you will still buy it. People like you are the reason the community is so toxic. Never looking at any of positives. If you are so tired of the direction of Halo and the way Microsoft is treating it then go play something else and take your negativity with you. Your salt is not wanted here.

Lmao, Op, you remember Judgment right? So Gears 4 has to make a good impression. Gears has fallen and now is the time to get up. I hope it is great, I plan on buying vary on what I hear/see in the coming months.

I’d love to see where people are getting the assumption that Halo 3 Anniversary was going to be announced.

This is exactly like the Falcon hype. People who build up things that were never promised so they can be upset later.

It’s also quite funny how people are saying Halo 4 had a good story, when it was the exact opposite when it launched. Can’t wait till Halo 6 so everyone can start praising Halo 5.

dude i got GOW4 for free when i got my Xbox and bought halo 5 separate. Still have not played that game. I hope they are still planning to do more and have just not said so yet.

I don’t even know what to expect from Gears4 but alright…I just remember the content from Gears 3 and I am having a hard time believing anything can really top that especially the Horde mode…

> 2535446258961514;6:
> dude i got GOW4 for free when i got my Xbox and bought halo 5 separate. Still have not played that game. I hope they are still planning to do more and have just not said so yet.

Gears of War UE, not 4.

> 2533274819667356;4:
> Lmao, Op, you remember Judgment right? So Gears 4 has to make a good impression. Gears has fallen and now is the time to get up. I hope it is great, I plan on buying vary on what I hear/see in the coming months.

Well, Gears4 is going back to the original trilogy for its gameplay, it’s a mixture off all 3. The Beta was amazing really, imo.

It could’ve been worse and they coulda built it off judgement…

Like Halo4 went off Reach… (Judgement is GoW’s Reach, imo)

> 2533274833081329;5:
> Can’t wait till Halo 6 so everyone can start praising Halo 5.

Ain’t that the truth? Seen this happen EVERY. SINGLE. LAUNCH. Since Halo 2. Not even kidding.

Also, OP: Halo had one of its main-title launches last year. It’s normal for it not to have much of a presence at the following E3. In fact, what we saw this time was an unusual amount of Halo for an E3 immediately following the launch of a Halo game. I think we’re all just getting used to seeing other franchises crap out a new release every single year and over-saturate themselves. It’s to the point where we get “CoD X” and hear about “CoD Y” within a single year. Halo–thankfully–doesn’t do that. Halo takes 3 years.

This guy needs a lot of water stat for all that salt… so much salt I hear the dead sea is now fresh water sea… :slight_smile: H5 was a way better game than you give it credit for. We are getting the biggest update yet later this month, they have told us there will be more updates and support even after this one. The didn’t really need to spend a huge amount if time on H5 at E3, the Halo Wars 2 beta and trailer is enough… sorry you were expecting some big knock down drag out announcement for H5 when one isn’t really needed.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I’m gonna take an educated guess and say OP is probably five.

> 2533274883669557;10:
> > 2533274833081329;5:
> > Can’t wait till Halo 6 so everyone can start praising Halo 5.
>
>
> Ain’t that the truth? Seen this happen EVERY. SINGLE. LAUNCH. Since Halo 2. Not even kidding.
>
> Also, OP: Halo had one of its main-title launches last year. It’s normal for it not to have much of a presence at the following E3. In fact, what we saw this time was an unusual amount of Halo for an E3 immediately following the launch of a Halo game. I think we’re all just getting used to seeing other franchises crap out a new release every single year and over-saturate themselves. It’s to the point where we get “CoD X” and hear about “CoD Y” within a single year. Halo–thankfully–doesn’t do that. Halo takes 3 years.

Exactly man. Part of what makes Halo so great is that they let the game mature, let the players make memories. Otherwise Wed have Halo 6 already and no one would even care about Halo 5. Having a new game release every year is bad for a franchise IMO. I mean, look at all the hate the Call of Duty has been getting in the past 3 years. They had to remake an old game just to try to sell a new one.

> 2533274813071248;1:
> So that’s it for the FPS we know as Halo. Mircosoft has a new golden boy and thats gears 4. Not to say thats bad,i love GoW, but Halo will always be my favorite. Microsoft milked halo for what little profit it had left with REQ packs, lackluster content updates, and somewhat effort. Then threw it aside. Not even a mention in E3. What happened to possible content after launch? Maybe Halo 3 anniversary? Not to jump on the hype train or anything but give us something. I love halo wars but thats not the original Halo i love.
>
> The era of Halo ended at Halo 4, and the incredible decline after. Halo 5 is a great game with a terrible story and a disgusting RNG system. The story was so bad that why would anyone possibly go on with another or even care at this point? And for another Halo to hit the market with more RNG BS? It’ll just be depressing because the game is fun and great but just C blocked. Its now time to face facts, if 343i doesn’t fix its REQ system and terrible story, then Halo will die. And it will die very slow, and painful for all of us because of the blanton cash grab it’s used for.
>
> Halo deserves better. Halo deserves an honorable death. One that includes Halo 5 multilayer, without the REQ system. One with a story that has the magnitude and detail the past games have had. Hell even halo wars is doing it better. Halo shouldn’t go on forever to be milked for cash. It should go on to bring that competitive multi-player experience to its community along with it’s intriguing story and die honorably. Not become “xbox’s mario” or some commodity who’s sole purpose is to gain profit.
>
> GoW4 has replaced us. Hopefully, for now only

E3 is for gaming news. Mainly releases coming up. Why would Halo 5 be there when it’s already out? They don’t need to advertise an out game. Plus Halo Wars 2 was there, jeez man calm down.

I applaud you sir. Not only did you make a very non-fact based, toxic message to the community. You made a fool of yourself. All your doing, is burning out what I like to call, “fossil fuels.” What I mean is, you dig at the community, and you burn all of your opinions into the atmosphere, where eventually there will be too much. Next, the community with breath all this CO2 which will be toxic. And now we have more and more people breathing this toxicity in response, and making the world (community), a harsher place to live in. But. if you were a good member. You would take that toxic CO2 from the atmosphere. And produce Oxygen for all of us to breath and live, happily. This is the process of PSN, and no worries. I made sure to back this up from facts off of my textbook (which has the knowledge of these cycles). You have bark, but no bite, or should I say legitimate facts.

I’m not sure what you guys were expecting at E3. It’s way too early to announce Halo 6 and they’ve been working on Halo Wars 2.

Gears of War has been a niche title since its inception. I don’t see it ever being a flagship title.

I understand your disappointment in Halo 5 but linking that disappointment with E3 is a bit silly.

Doesn’t make Halo FPS an annual series.
“MICROSOFT MILKED HALO AND THEN LET IT DIE.”

What?

Halo 3 Anniversary is a thing for next E3, it’s jist too far away and nothing interesting enough in Halo 5 to need a segment.

I as confused as harithavaraj, I don’t understand how this title is linked to the message. Especially since you didn’t support your title or explain with reasonable evidence.

Replaced because your opinion claims it is?

Thats funny.